Are there any good headphone shops in Wellington, New Zealand?
Feb 11, 2013 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

meemorize

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I know this is a bit of a longshot but I'm currently in Wellington (til Saturday morning) and have been trying to find a good headphone shop where I can audition some high-end headphones but have been striking out on the web so thought I'd ask here instead.

If anyone has any ideas on where I might find some good high-end headphones please let me know.

My wishlist to audition would include the Audeze LCD2/3, Beyerdynamic T1/T5p and maybe some of the top end HifiMan ones like the HE-6 or HE-500.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 5
I'm pretty sure there is nowhere in New Zealand (Let alone Wellington) to audition these high-end phones. I live in Auckland and it took me heaps of efforts to audition some popular phones AKG, Beyer and Shure. 
One thing you can do is try to know some local audiophiles and see if they have any of those in possession

Jan 2, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 5
I would recommend rubber monkey 1st floor adelaide rd newtown wellington for a good range
of high quality headphones. They stock sennheiser, audio technics, and aka.
The sennheiser 215 and audiotechnica50 are really good.

Jan 2, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 5
Hi,

there is Sound Expression which is in Willis Street, its past the traffic lights where Willis Street Joins with Manners Street and Boulcott Street.

They stock Sennheisers, Grado, AKG and PSB headphones.

They are very helpful too

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #5 of 5
  I'm pretty sure there is nowhere in New Zealand (Let alone Wellington) to audition these high-end phones. I live in Auckland and it took me heaps of efforts to audition some popular phones AKG, Beyer and Shure. 

Computer Lounge in Auckland have recently expanded their range, and they allow auditions. They have Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, Grado, AKG, Audeze. Best headphone audio store in NZ now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back