Are There Any Differences Amongst The 3 Iterations of the Ultrasone Edition 8 (sound wise)
Feb 2, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #2 of 5
No difference at all soundwise. I have owned all three versions in past (have pictures of it in my album). The only thing you will have to decide on is the look. Keep in mind the Ruthenium is a fingerprint magnet. If you buy the ruthenium, then you will be using the cloth (included) almost every time you use the headphones. I highly recommend the palladium version just becasue of fingerprint issue. Its the only version that minimizes that issue. Limited edition is gorgeous, but they have ruthenium matte finish and still easily attact fingerprints.

Accessory-wise Ruthenium and Palladium versions come with soft leather case, where as the limited edition comes with a box to carry in.  

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #4 of 5
John, do you really want to ride NYC mass transit with an (almost obviously) uber expensive can? wouldn't iems make more sense here (as well as having better portability)?

Feb 12, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 5
More portability? Ha!  I use an I-Pad digital out to a headroom portable desktop dac/amp.  Purchased a special bag to house them.  Using since day 1 of I-pad intro. I travel 2 hours a day and power walk during lunch with it.  The closet I've heard to my home rig.   I can't go back... I won't.   Unless I really like the Hifi-man- 801 and westone 4's which should be coming soon  
redface.gif

Good thing I got the wife something nice for V day or I would've needed to change my name to Joan 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back