Are the Phiaton MS300/MS400 decidedly better sounding than the Klipsch Image One's?
Jul 2, 2011 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cam94z28

100+ Head-Fier
I am deciding between these two. I really like the way the Image Ones sound at best buy through my S:Flo2, but I can't use them through this player. The iPod functionality makes music sound like a karaoke track unless the middle "call receive" button is held in.

The Phiaton's have a normal, straight cable, and, from what I've read, have been reviewed very well. Also, which would be the closest in comparison to the klipsch? The MS300 is quite a bit cheaper but FWIR has much less bass.

With my Chase Amazon points, I can order the Image Ones for $110. I will try them at best buy through my amp first, to make sure I can get normal sound out of them. The MS400's would be more like $158.

But, my question is, Are the Phiaton's a much better sounding headphone for the money? I am sensitive to any sort of sibilance or ringing mids, and it seems these are good in both of those area's.

Are there any online stores with 4th of july sales that these would come out cheaper?

Jul 2, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Yes, Klipsch suck, that's why they let people test them out at BestBuy
rolleyes.gif

The Phiaton are loved here, by the people who have them. I almost bought me a pair as portables, but I decided to just use my Grado instead.

I'm not too sure about the sound, but the quality is high,

If you're really that sprung for cash, have you thought about going cheaper? Like into a Giant beater? Koss DJ100 would suit your taste I think.

Jul 2, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Yes, Klipsch suck, that's why they let people test them out at BestBuy
rolleyes.gif

The Phiaton are loved here, by the people who have them. I almost bought me a pair as portables, but I decided to just use my Grado instead.

I'm not too sure about the sound, but the quality is high,

If you're really that sprung for cash, have you thought about going cheaper? Like into a Giant beater? Koss DJ100 would suit your taste I think.

I think you commented in another thread I posted in on those. After seeing tdock still plugging them here, I thought I'd give them a try. They do have a ton of detail, great mids, and good bass, but, for some reason, they are quite a bit sibilant. I have come to the conclusion that I can only stand headphones with rolled off treble. I did my "test" at Best Buy today with my amp, and I don't have to hold the button down on the iPod control to get normal sound out of them. I also listened to them again, and they aren't even the slightest bit sibilant. I will probably end up going with the Phiaton's though. I may try the MS300's because they are cheaper. If I like the overall sound sig I'll return for the MS400.

For anyone who has had both the klipsch and phiaton, could you possibly compare the specific differences?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back