Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Aug 2, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #151 of 913
Thank you for that DenverW.
I suspect mine will be built this week since I talked to Val yesterday about a final change to the configuration.

It sounds like yours will be broken in pretty well by the time mine arrives so I will keep an eye out for your "official" review.

Aug 14, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #153 of 913
I’ve been listening quite a bit and they’re sounding better and better. I’ll pop on the stock cables tonight so I can give a better a/b. I will say that I was a bit of a cable skeptic and this may have turned me around.

Aug 14, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #154 of 913
It's hard to be a cable skeptic when I stealthfully changed preamp to amp interconnects once on the home theater system and then the wife brought to my attention that there's something wrong with the speakers once she turned on the system. I doubt headphone cables will be as noticeable as that instance but cables can make a difference even though many who listen with analyzer probes instead of their ears will disagree. And that's OK, to each his own and I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. My non audiophile wife immediately heard a difference without knowing I changed interconnects (a blind test at its finest) so it can't just be placebo on my part.

EDIT: I thought that I should add the whole IMO, YMMV, to my ears, etc.. commentary to avoid coming across like everyone will be able to hear or should hear a difference. This is only a statement on what I've experienced personally.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #155 of 913
So some slightly bad news, I was unable to do a true A/B with the stock cable, because the prisma has developed an issue with the left connector. If I turn my head, or move around, it cuts out. Moving the cable a bit in a certain manner causes it to resume, but it seems like the connector has an issue. I double checked to make sure its the cable and not the headphones by trying the stock cable (worked with no issue), and by switching the R and L cable jacks, where I would have the same issue with the L cable in the right jack. I've emailed artic cables, hopefully they'll respond soon.

Aug 16, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #156 of 913
So some slightly bad news, I was unable to do a true A/B with the stock cable, because the prisma has developed an issue with the left connector. If I turn my head, or move around, it cuts out. Moving the cable a bit in a certain manner causes it to resume, but it seems like the connector has an issue. I double checked to make sure its the cable and not the headphones by trying the stock cable (worked with no issue), and by switching the R and L cable jacks, where I would have the same issue with the L cable in the right jack. I've emailed artic cables, hopefully they'll respond soon.

Well that's not good.
Hopefully they will get back with you in less than 3 days which is what it consistently took on my every attempt to communicate over the last 3.5 weeks. In this situation, I would think that you should get a faster response. I'm sure they will take care of it but that probably doesn't make you feel any better. Let us know how it plays out.
I will try to report on what I think once mine gets a little break in time since it will be arriving on Tuesday along with a new set of cans which will also be treated to some break in time before serious listening.

Sorry to hear about this and good luck.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #157 of 913
So Val at artic cables wrote me back next business day, and I'm floored by how great their response was. First, they're making me a new cable, which is awesome, because I anticipated sending in my existing cable for a repair, which would take longer. Second, he said they're going to upgrade the connectors complimentary for the inconvenience. Totally unnecessary and also totally awesome! Third, he said not to worry or stress about sending the existing cable in until the new one arrives. I can't listen to the existing one atm anyway due to the left channel, but how friendly to have me not worry about it until the new one gets here.

100% classy response. I guess there is a reason they have such a good rep. I was already a fan of the cable, now I'm a fan of the company too.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:43 PM Post #158 of 913
So Val at artic cables wrote me back next business day, and I'm floored by how great their response was. First, they're making me a new cable, which is awesome, because I anticipated sending in my existing cable for a repair, which would take longer. Second, he said they're going to upgrade the connectors complimentary for the inconvenience. Totally unnecessary and also totally awesome! Third, he said not to worry or stress about sending the existing cable in until the new one arrives. I can't listen to the existing one atm anyway due to the left channel, but how friendly to have me not worry about it until the new one gets here.

100% classy response. I guess there is a reason they have such a good rep. I was already a fan of the cable, now I'm a fan of the company too.

that's really great man. Roy and Val are top notch! that was an excellent response indeed.

Aug 18, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #159 of 913
@DenverW - I'm glad to hear that Val is taking care of you promptly and keeping your wait for a new cable to a minimum during this unfortunate incident. A refreshingly stand-up way of doing business and taking care of the customer.

Now that the Arctic Cable Prisma and new cans have arrived today, let the burn in begin.
Thankfully, after much research, I failed to inform my brain that I shouldn't like the way my rig sounds with these new cans/cables through an allegedly lifeless and sterile amp. I'm already listening to and enjoying the new gear so that's a win in my book. The description for the cable pretty much reflects what I hear although the new cans may or may not be a large variable. Either way, i'm already pleased with the AC Prisma Series and any additional improvement during listening will be icing on the cake.

IMG_5883.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #160 of 913
Ordered a 10ft long set as a compliment to my 5ft Periapt so I can get a little more distance from my Bottlehead.

CORE+ SERIES
Cable Length:3m / 10ft 20$
Headphone Connector:ZMF - All ZMF with dual mini XLR
Termination:Neutrik 4-Pin XLR Male Balanced (NC4MX)
Splitter Type:Arctic splitter titanium 4.99$
Color:Silver/Black

Ordered on Aug 3rd and got the shipping noticed today. Super excited.

Aug 19, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #161 of 913
I've just pulled the trigger on a palladium cable. Will probably be a while before it gets here, and thereafter some cable breaking in before comparisons with their 7n silver wire (signum+). The pictures on their website with the square braid looked just so damn good. I hope it sounds even better.

As usual, Roy has been a pleasure to deal with, and I really don't know how he (and Val) manage to reply so promptly and patiently to questions.

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #162 of 913
Ordered a 10ft long set as a compliment to my 5ft Periapt so I can get a little more distance from my Bottlehead.

CORE+ SERIES
Cable Length:3m / 10ft 20$
Headphone Connector:ZMF - All ZMF with dual mini XLR
Termination:Neutrik 4-Pin XLR Male Balanced (NC4MX)
Splitter Type:Arctic splitter titanium 4.99$
Color:Silver/Black

Ordered on Aug 3rd and got the shipping noticed today. Super excited.
I ordered a very similar cable today for my Aeolus with a couple of differences--I got a five foot base Ion series with the Furutech XLR connector. I usually order some variation of red on everything, but switched it up this time--went with yellow/black with a matte gold splitter. I'm hoping to get in in the same time frame--which would get it to me shortly before my birthday.

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #163 of 913
I've just pulled the trigger on a palladium cable. Will probably be a while before it gets here, and thereafter some cable breaking in before comparisons with their 7n silver wire (signum+). The pictures on their website with the square braid looked just so damn good. I hope it sounds even better.

As usual, Roy has been a pleasure to deal with, and I really don't know how he (and Val) manage to reply so promptly and patiently to questions.
The palladium cable you see with the square braid is mine :wink:
I got them a few days back, it was a very long shipping to Europe because of Corona. But now it’s finally here and I am braking it in and will also post a small review/impression and comparison to the Signum+ hopefully very soon :)

Aug 20, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #165 of 913
I don’t post much anymore but I have a nice story to relate. I am new to Arctic Cable but am a fan already. I had previously purchased a Signum+ cable for a HD 1000se and was pleased enough to purchase another for newly purchased Final D8000 Pro. It has a peculiar connector which I talked to Val about and we proceeded with the order. Long story short, through no fault of AC the connectors did not work. I was able to re-purpose the cable for another headphone using a cheap adaptor. Relayed this info to Val who apologized and offered to make an adaptor using the same materials and premium connectors for free. How cool is that....my new home for cables (they sound great btw)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back