Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Oct 23, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #211 of 910
You won’t be disappointed 👍
For which headphone did you order the Signum?
Thanks!
The Signum cable is for my Utopias. I was afraid that silver cables would make Utopias too bright but Val said silver cables were superior to copper ones in every way. Plus the price difference wasn't too big.

Oct 24, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #213 of 910
Thanks!
The Signum cable is for my Utopias. I was afraid that silver cables would make Utopias too bright but Val said silver cables were superior to copper ones in every way. Plus the price difference wasn't too big.

Mmmm, its down to personal taste. I have Signum+ and they aren't a good match to my Stellia's, but are superb with my HE1000 SE.

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #215 of 910
I found it sounded great with the Stellia. Maybe it’s also about what source and/or amp is in the chain. All about synergy.

My Signum+ must be well and truly burned in now, so I may give the Stellia's another A/B comparison against my other custom cable.

Oct 27, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #217 of 910
the palladium cable just arrived!

such an amazing build. such a flexible cable, and so light too! Roy and his team really knocked this one out of the park. I also got some lemo to 3.5mm adaptors made for the Susvara and Stellia.

will reserve my thoughts on the cable until some well-deserved running in. but please enjoy some pics for now!

20201027_055252-01.jpeg

20201027_055545-01-01.jpeg

20201027_055652-01.jpeg

20201027_055008-01.jpeg

20201027_055406-01.jpeg

20201027_054910-01.jpeg

*edit

I was just admiring the build. The square braid was done to perfection. A very tight braid indeed. They must have used up a lot of palladium to build a cable this length. Am surprised how light this cable is too, much lighter than my 8 wire X8 PlusSound cable, and almost weightless compared to the Superconductor cable. The adaptors were also built very well, using rhodium oyaide plugs and I also appreciate the extra shrink-wrap bridging the cable and plugs.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #218 of 910
How long did it take you guys to get your cables?

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #219 of 910
First post in this thread. I have the Focal Clears and the Chord MojoPoly. I want to swap out the Focal cable and I've read many good things about Arctic Cables (mostly here and the Focal thread). I'm struggling to learn the differences between the Arctic Cable product lines, as well as the optional connectors and terminations. I'm looking to invest in the ~$200 range, but willing to go a bit higher if convinced. Any thoughts or advice as I go forward? I'm already in correspondence with with Val at Arctic Cables (really helpful).

Thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #220 of 910
First post in this thread. I have the Focal Clears and the Chord MojoPoly. I want to swap out the Focal cable and I've read many good things about Arctic Cables (mostly here and the Focal thread). I'm struggling to learn the differences between the Arctic Cable product lines, as well as the optional connectors and terminations. I'm looking to invest in the ~$200 range, but willing to go a bit higher if convinced. Any thoughts or advice as I go forward? I'm already in correspondence with with Val at Arctic Cables (really helpful).

Thanks.
I've had an Arctic Cables Ion series (UP-Copper-OCC) for my ZMF Aeolus for about six weeks; with an Arctic Cables matte gold splitter and a Furutech XLR connector it cost just under $200, so almost exactly meets your budget. It appears extremely well built, looks terrific (I have it in yellow/black with a gold splitter) and sounds fine. (TBH, and not wanting to engage in any debate, I don't believe that there is any significant sound differences between reasonably built cables, at least not with my gear and moderately priced cables, and I get after market cables primarily for aesthetic reasons. I purchased an upgrade ZMF OFC XLR with the Aeolus, but thought it looked generic and disliked its rubbery feel.) If required to nitpick, the cable is much thinner and lighter than I expected; many would consider that a plus but I'd prefer a bit more heft personally. The Furutech XLR connector is large and heavy and, despite robust strain relief, I try to pick up the cable by the connector since I'd rather not have its weight supported by the thin cable. However, overall I'd certainly recommend the cable quite highly.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #221 of 910
I've had an Arctic Cables Ion series (UP-Copper-OCC) for my ZMF Aeolus for about six weeks; with an Arctic Cables matte gold splitter and a Furutech XLR connector it cost just under $200, so almost exactly meets your budget. It appears extremely well built, looks terrific (I have it in yellow/black with a gold splitter) and sounds fine. (TBH, and not wanting to engage in any debate, I don't believe that there is any significant sound differences between reasonably built cables, at least not with my gear and moderately priced cables, and I get after market cables primarily for aesthetic reasons. I purchased an upgrade ZMF OFC XLR with the Aeolus, but thought it looked generic and disliked its rubbery feel.) If required to nitpick, the cable is much thinner and lighter than I expected; many would consider that a plus but I'd prefer a bit more heft personally. The Furutech XLR connector is large and heavy and, despite robust strain relief, I try to pick up the cable by the connector since I'd rather not have its weight supported by the thin cable. However, overall I'd certainly recommend the cable quite highly.
I didn’t hear a difference with copper upgrade cables, too. IMO only Upocc silver makes a difference.
I believe you when you say that it can be quite thin, so I guess you bought the 4 braid variant? I also prefer the thicker 8 braid variant.

Oct 29, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #222 of 910
How long did it take you guys to get your cables?

Took a few weeks for my palladium, mostly because they used up all of their initial batch, and I had to wait for their second batch!

Oct 30, 2020 at 4:08 AM Post #223 of 910
the palladium cable just arrived!

such an amazing build. such a flexible cable, and so light too! Roy and his team really knocked this one out of the park. I also got some lemo to 3.5mm adaptors made for the Susvara and Stellia.

will reserve my thoughts on the cable until some well-deserved running in. but please enjoy some pics for now!

20201027_055252-01.jpeg
20201027_055545-01-01.jpeg
20201027_055652-01.jpeg
20201027_055008-01.jpeg
20201027_055406-01.jpeg
20201027_054910-01.jpeg

*edit

I was just admiring the build. The square braid was done to perfection. A very tight braid indeed. They must have used up a lot of palladium to build a cable this length. Am surprised how light this cable is too, much lighter than my 8 wire X8 PlusSound cable, and almost weightless compared to the Superconductor cable. The adaptors were also built very well, using rhodium oyaide plugs and I also appreciate the extra shrink-wrap bridging the cable and plugs.

My my~~this cable looks gorgeous!

Oct 30, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #224 of 910
FWIW: I bought the Sigma+ for the Stellia’s and is very happy. Happened to buy the HifiMan Arya the other day. After two days in oblivion, I realised that I could use my AC cable with the Arya. Not surprisingly, it was a major improvement in SQ compared with the stock cable...

Oct 30, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #225 of 910
I just got a pair of Signum+ for my Stellia headphones. Contrary to some opinions I have read on the forums, I don't think the cables are bright. For me, the main difference I hear vs plain copper is greater detail, particularly in the bass, not in the treble. Instruments such as strings also have more texture than I hear over copper and don't sound smoothed. I am running them with an XLR connector to my Focal Arche.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back