Arctic Cables Discussion Thread
Sep 24, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #196 of 903
I have been using the Prisma series Cardas cable for 3 weeks now...break in is for real. It's sounding more awesome every week! Soundstage was rather restricted first few days, bass not as big or extended and round as expected. Now its simply amazing. Can't believe a cable can make such a difference. Not that the stock on my HiFiman Arya is bad..its ok, but bloody well too short! Basically, everything they say about this cable on their website is true. I got the cable in about 2 weeks ordering from here in the UK. That's so cool. And they changed my order to this cable from the Core cable I originally accidently ordered, even after I had put the order in. Must be busy though, as i received zero responses to 3 emails! Was getting worried and about to hit Paypal with a complaint...but the cable arrived the very next day. Cmon Arctic guys, just a simple response would be most welcome!

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #197 of 903
I have been using the Prisma series Cardas cable for 3 weeks now...break in is for real. It's sounding more awesome every week! Soundstage was rather restricted first few days, bass not as big or extended and round as expected. Now its simply amazing. Can't believe a cable can make such a difference. Not that the stock on my HiFiman Arya is bad..its ok, but bloody well too short! Basically, everything they say about this cable on their website is true. I got the cable in about 2 weeks ordering from here in the UK. That's so cool. And they changed my order to this cable from the Core cable I originally accidently ordered, even after I had put the order in. Must be busy though, as i received zero responses to 3 emails! Was getting worried and about to hit Paypal with a complaint...but the cable arrived the very next day. Cmon Arctic guys, just a simple response would be most welcome!

EDIT
Just received an email from Val and it transpires that they DID email me within 48 hours, but the mail never got to me due to my account blocking it for some weird reason. So, I apologise and take the non communication minor complaint back without reservation! Must say Val's advice in the email response was helpful. They do look after their customers, indeed.

Sep 25, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #198 of 903
My Signum+ cable has been with me a couple of weeks now. Put it through burn in and then settled down to use it with my Stellia's.... Oh no, too much energy and just too bright for my ears, not a good match, far too fatiguing to listen to. Oh no I hear you say, but don't worry, I also have a pair of Hifiman HEKSE and so I plugged them in and oh my what a pairing. Such a good sound, the extra energy and depth the Signum+ give my HEKSE a great boost. Better than my FAW, mmmm, no, but different and good as well, oh yes.

Now i am trying to resist the urge to buy several other cables for my Stellia's and HEKSEs. Its nice to have options and as music can vary so much, then the best cable for music will never be a constant. So why not have the option to use several cables :D

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #199 of 903
Has anyone compared Signum(+) series to Cuprum/Core+ series with Utopias? Will the improvement in SQ justify the price difference? Thanks!

Oct 20, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #200 of 903
Excited, I have a Cuprum series cable coming for my Denon D9200. I love Arctic Cables. I had a pure Silver for my Stellia and my Verite Closed.

Oct 23, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #201 of 903
I am an audiophile and gadget lover. So much innovation is out in the market today, but there are few products that truly amaze today. Let's face it...there's a ton of great tech out today and most of it is similar and comparable. So I rarely write reviews...unless you find a product that is truly spectacular, innovative, unique, and simply unrivaled. That's where Arctic Cables comes in. Whether you're a cable skeptic or not...there is no doubt that Palladium takes your headphones to an unprecedented level.

I stumbled upon Arctic Cables (arcticcables.com) by accident. I already have the most superb headphone setup. I have the Focal Utopia, Stellia, custom flagship headphone cables, flagship IEM collection, Astell & Kern SP2000 DAP, Focal Arche, Chord DACs/Amps, all pure silver interconnects, power conditioners, etc... Suffice it to say...I've become very poor with this hobby :)

So, I wasn't looking for a new headphone cable. I've tried Kimber, Cardas, Nordist, Corpse, LQI, MoonAudio, DoubleHelix, EffectAudio, PWaudio, etc...

I thought I found the perfect collection of equipment and I really couldn't go better.

But...Arctic comes along with their Palladium flagship, ultra pure silver, 7N quality, OCC, and dipped in THICK Palladium.

I thought Ultra Pure Silver was as good as it gets. It is excellent, clear, sometimes a bit bright, but overall the cleanest sound you can get. I felt it was the FASTEST way audio could reach your headphones.

Palladium changes everything. It actually makes me feel like my silver cables were the bottleneck. The Palladium makes it feel like the sound is jumping from your DAP or Amp to your ears with no barriers.

Believe me, I didn't want to like it. I am so cash poor because of all this gear (especially this year), I never imagined investing more, especially into a cable after trying all the flagships in the market. And yet, here I am ordering a Utopia, Stellia and soon coming IEM edition of the Palladium.

I know this all sounds too good to be true. But that's because it is just that good. Arctic makes and entire line of cables. All are excellent, but what they accomplished with Palladium through years of research and R&D, they have achieved something that no competitor rivals in the market today. They are the VERY BEST. Period. This is subjective to some degree, but it is also a pure fact, based on the sheer physics this cable is able to accomplish.

The Sound:

- It is pure, complete and heard as the music is meant to be heard. The brightness over silver is completely balanced by the Palladium and it really is as if the cable is transparent. There is alteration to the audio from the cable. It delivers the beauty of the music as it was intended, and it opens up the FULL potential of your headphones. My Utopai and Stellia sing like never before.

- The highs are crystal clear, but entirely undistorted, neutral and addicting.

- The mids are full, thick, rich, and detailed.

- The lows are deep. So thick and deep that I can't believe this cable is based on silver. It's as if there is copper there, but the intricate texture it delivers surpasses.

The Packaging:

Simply WOW. It matches the quality of the gorgeous cable, and sound. This is a LUXURY item and feel. Arctic makes sure you receive this leather case, velour pouch, and certificate, and just about the best in class packaging I have ever seen a cable have.

The entire experience is so incredible from start to finish.

The Cable Build / Customization:

They literally have every flagship connector, solder, and material in the book. I repeat...they even let you select the solder they use on your custom craft cable. This is unheard of! You can pick Mundor, Cardas, or VIABLUE.

Such a level of detail in craftsmanship is unparalleled, and entirely worthy of this very special audiophile hobby we all love.

Conclusion:

Best of all, Arctic offers a 30 day trial. If you don't want to believe me, just believe your ears.
This will change your entire audio listening experience and expectation. And after I did all the leg work trialing so much...take advantage and jump to the best. Or if you love experimenting, do a head to head match against any cable you have or trial.

Val (who I've been in touch with), has personally spent hours supporting me and ensuring I receive the exact cables I envision and dream of. Such and attention and care, in today's hectic world is so rare. So appreciative and eternally loyal to Arctic Cables from this entire experience!

Hope you have a chance to try their stellar work and happy listening!!

Attachments

• IMG-1383.jpg
    IMG-1383.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-1377.jpg
    IMG-1377.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-1393.jpg
    IMG-1393.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-1392.jpg
    IMG-1392.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-1388.jpg
    IMG-1388.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #202 of 903
I am an audiophile and gadget lover. So much innovation is out in the market today, but there are few products that truly amaze today. Let's face it...there's a ton of great tech out today and most of it is similar and comparable. So I rarely write reviews...unless you find a product that is truly spectacular, innovative, unique, and simply unrivaled. That's where Arctic Cables comes in. The Arctic Palladium literally makes it feel like the headphones and cable disappear. Zero exaggeration. Whether you're a cable skeptic or not...there is no doubt that Palladium takes your headphones to an unprecedented level.

I stumbled upon Arctic Cables (arcticcables.com) by accident. I already have the most superb headphone setup. I have the Focal Utopia, Stellia, custom flagship headphone cables, flagship IEM collection, Astell & Kern SP2000 DAP, Focal Arche, Chord DACs/Amps, all pure silver interconnects, power conditioners, etc... Suffice it to say...I've become very poor with this hobby :)

So, I wasn't looking for a new headphone cable. I've tried Kimber, Cardas, Nordist, Corpse, LQI, MoonAudio, DoubleHelix, EffectAudio, PWaudio, etc...

I thought I found the perfect collection of equipment and I really couldn't go better.

But...Arctic comes along with their Palladium flagship, ultra pure silver, 7N quality, OCC, and dipped in THICK Palladium.

I thought Ultra Pure Silver was as good as it gets. It is excellent, clear, sometimes a bit bright, but overall the cleanest sound you can get. I felt it was the FASTEST way audio could reach your headphones.

Palladium changes everything. It actually makes me feel like my silver cables were the bottleneck. The Palladium makes it feel like the sound is jumping from your DAP or Amp to your ears with no barriers.

Believe me, I didn't want to like it. I am so cash poor because of all this gear (especially this year), I never imagined investing more, especially into a cable after trying all the flagships in the market. And yet, here I am ordering a Utopia, Stellia and soon coming IEM edition of the Palladium.

I know this all sounds too good to be true. But that's because it is just that good. Arctic makes and entire line of cables. All are excellent, but what they accomplished with Palladium through years of research and R&D, they have achieved something that no competitor rivals in the market today. They are the VERY BEST. Period. This is subjective to some degree, but it is also a pure fact, based on the sheer physics this cable is able to accomplish.

The Sound:

- It is pure, complete and heard as the music is meant to be heard. The brightness over silver is completely balanced by the Palladium and it really is as if the cable is transparent. There is alteration to the audio from the cable. It delivers the beauty of the music as it was intended, and it opens up the FULL potential of your headphones. My Utopai and Stellia sing like never before.

- The highs are crystal clear, but entirely undistorted, neutral and addicting.

- The mids are full, thick, rich, and detailed.

- The lows are deep. So thick and deep that I can't believe this cable is based on silver. It's as if there is copper there, but the intricate texture it delivers surpasses.

The Packaging:

Simply WOW. It matches the quality of the gorgeous cable, and sound. This is a LUXURY item and feel. Arctic makes sure you receive this leather case, velour pouch, and certificate, and just about the best in class packaging I have ever seen a cable have.

The entire experience is so incredible from start to finish.

The Cable Build / Customization:

They literally have every flagship connector, solder, and material in the book. I repeat...they even let you select the solder they use on your custom craft cable. This is unheard of! You can pick Mundor, Cardas, or VIABLUE.

Such a level of detail in craftsmanship is unparalleled, and entirely worthy of this very special audiophile hobby we all love.

Conclusion:

Best of all, Arctic offers a 30 day trial. If you don't want to believe me, just believe your ears.
This will change your entire audio listening experience and expectation. And after I did all the leg work trialing so much...take advantage and jump to the best. Or if you love experimenting, do a head to head match against any cable you have or trial.

Val (who I've been in touch with), has personally spent hours supporting me and ensuring I receive the exact cables I envision and dream of. Such and attention and care, in today's hectic world is so rare. So appreciative and eternally loyal to Arctic Cables from this entire experience!

Hope you have a chance to try their stellar work and happy listening!!
A few months back you wrote more or less the same about the Danacable Nirvana (that are priced beyond sanity ... do they even use occ silver?) Anyways, how would you compare those cables with the Arctic Palladium?

Oct 23, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #203 of 903
A few months back you wrote more or less the same about the Danacable Nirvana (that are priced beyond sanity ... do they even use occ silver?) Anyways, how would you compare those cables with the Arctic Palladium?
you stalking me? lol. Honestly it all depends on preference. The Nirvana is more my flavor...warmer and fuller sound, but the Palladium is also gorgeous and has a transparency I have to appreciate. I respect both. Also the Nirvana is in a design and engineering of its own and is a mix of copper and silver resulting in near zero capacitance. I suggest trying both...since both offer return policies. Trying to be respectful to both companies too. But I must say, they are both best in class.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #204 of 903
you stalking me? lol. Honestly it all depends on preference. The Nirvana is more my flavor...warmer and fuller sound, but the Palladium is also gorgeous and has a transparency I have to appreciate. I respect both. Also the Nirvana is in a design and engineering of its own and is a mix of copper and silver resulting in near zero capacitance. I suggest trying both...since both offer return policies. Trying to be respectful to both companies too. But I must say, they are both best in class.
Hehe, just wanted to know where you are coming from as you are a „new headfier“ and it’s quite unusual that you go straight to the top right away :wink:

Oct 23, 2020 at 6:55 AM Post #205 of 903
Hehe, just wanted to know where you are coming from as you are a „new headfier“ and it’s quite unusual that you go straight to the top right away :wink:
Haha...Very good point...and yes. I have always loved music, and had many different types of amps, dacs, etc... More on the Fiio level, so I am new to this level of headfi this year. I essentially put myself through the gauntlet from low end, to mid, to top tier gear in the last 6 months. Intense journey trialing so much, but I realized I love the top tier. And I am very picky and notice little nuances. So here I am... But MUCH MUCH, more to learn. And I find my tastes evolve daily. But I am very certain on Nirvana and Palladium. Favorite cables over any other brands to date... Also, Arctic deserves a shout out to Val and the incredible service and style they deliver. Not to mention portability...

Oct 23, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #206 of 903
Haha...Very good point...and yes. I have always loved music, and had many different types of amps, dacs, etc... More on the Fiio level, so I am new to this level of headfi this year. I essentially put myself through the gauntlet from low end, to mid, to top tier gear in the last 6 months. Intense journey trialing so much, but I realized I love the top tier. And I am very picky and notice little nuances. So here I am... But MUCH MUCH, more to learn. And I find my tastes evolve daily. But I am very certain on Nirvana and Palladium. Favorite cables over any other brands to date... Also, Arctic deserves a shout out to Val and the incredible service and style they deliver. Not to mention portability...
As you love shortcuts, why not go straight to the pinnacle and save up for a Sennheiser HE 1 and get it over with all that searching? :wink:

Oct 23, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #207 of 903
I feel the same way about the Arctic Cable team. I always communicate with Roy and he has always delivered the goods. The Silver cable I had for the Stellia and the Verite Closed, I think it was Signum series, took things to the next level for the Stellia. I have a Cuprum Series being built for my Denon D9200 and am excited to hear the pairing.

Oct 23, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #208 of 903
I'm super excited after reading these posts. Can't wait for my Signum cables to arrive!

Oct 23, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #210 of 903
Chiming in from the IEM side of the world...working with Val on a couple of 8-wire versions of their Cuprum and Fusion cables. Last I heard, they needed to re-work the wiring to be able to make everything fit into the connectors.
I'll be interested to compare their cables with what I have. Of course, will post impressions as soon as I'm able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back