aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #1,906 of 2,097
Not sure what you paid for it as it is currently not in stock in Amazon UK buy the Cheap Chi models like KB9P (16/44.1 is missing from firmware for some reason) or wait on Creative deals/sales, at least then you know if you buy the BT-W5 as it can actually do 24/96 over BT not just the USB side if you need it to.

IMO there will be a new Creative Dongle soon as they now have lossless earbuds.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #1,907 of 2,097
Thanks for your reply, I'm afraid that I will have to send my DG60P unit back then
Is there any alternative (about the same price range if possible) to finally have Adaptive in Windows from an USB key ?

You can try the Vaorlo KB8/KB9/KB8P/KB9P from AliExpress. Still not a flawless device though but probably cheaper than the Avantree.

Feb 6, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #1,908 of 2,097
XPAN also requires XPAN-supported Wifi 7 router (also using qcom chip) too.

Where did you hear this? It is contradicted at 25m 23s by

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #1,909 of 2,097
Where did you hear this? It is contradicted at 25m 23s by

I'm sticking with what she said lol

A requirement for Xpan or S7 enabled Routers just doesn't make sense, it wouldn't work on planet earth and I don't feel many would pay up the extra money to make that adjustment...apart from us lot around here.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:36 AM Post #1,910 of 2,097
Sony Pulse Elites now on pre-order @ amazon here for £129.99

Bargain imo, especially since its using those Audeze planar drivers, hopefully Sony bring LE audio driver support to it and more importantly that rumoured break out box to offer better connectivity.

These are 2.4ghz Wireless wifi headphones with an 2.4ghz usb wireless adaptor so will give them a good testing out in a few weeks time.

Feb 9, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #1,913 of 2,097
Got told from the engineer handling the demos at their launch event in October last year.

If that's the case...then MEH, so then you'll need the correct headphone, receiver and router in order to make it work, ridiculous.

answer.jpg

Xpan will work on any Router, possible that engineer misspoke or was discussing something else.

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:13 PM Post #1,917 of 2,097
There's nothing to worry about. XPAN will not be available on Windows for x86 unless there will be USB Dongles with S7 Pro.
It might be possible to make it work on Linux with Qualcomm WiFi/BT card, but definitely not with Intel BE200 (which doesn't work on AMD CPUs anyway) or whatever Mediatek has.

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #1,919 of 2,097
What has x86 got to do with it as Win11 does not have a 32 version.
What has "32 version" to do with it either? Anything that is not X Elite (which will run ARM version of Windows) simply doesn't have aptX Adaptive R4 needed for XPAN. It's not an issue on Linux because it can run any code in kernel mode, not just signed by M$
Intel BE200 has a version due that does not have vPro so will work on AMD rigs.
Wow, cool. They should've also made a special version which will explode if installed in non-Intel system.
Also this doesn't change the fact that BE200 mighe be unsuitable for XPAN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back