aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Dec 12, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #1,831 of 2,095
I have a BT-W5 and I also found that it is possible to quickly change between AptX Adaptive HQ and AptX Adaptive LL by just pressing the button on the BT-W5 three times rapidly. So no need to use the windows app for that, just works this way on my phones by pressing the button three times.

8951ed.jpg

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #1,832 of 2,095
So, I bought another BT-W5 since returning my launch day one. It's not and day, I have zero crackling on my PC and PS5 (as long as I use the USB-A port). One difference I noticed is that the Momentum 4 detects the dongle as BT-W5 instead of BT-W4X which was the name that appeared in my launch one. Also, this could be from memory, but I think it has a bit less volume, but I still don't go past something like 32%.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #1,833 of 2,095
So, I bought another BT-W5 since returning my launch day one. It's not and day, I have zero crackling on my PC and PS5 (as long as I use the USB-A port). One difference I noticed is that the Momentum 4 detects the dongle as BT-W5 instead of BT-W4X which was the name that appeared in my launch one. Also, this could be from memory, but I think it has a bit less volume, but I still don't go past something like 32%.
I had the BT-W5 in October and I had that issue with the Momentum 4s where the auto-pause when taking off the headphones would start playing the video if it was already paused on the PC. It was like the BT-W5 was issuing a play/pause toggle command instead of a pause command in that case. That was driving me nuts as it could happen to a video in the background too and I returned the BT-W5. Is that issue still there with the latest BT-W5 firmware? I got a KB9P and it doesn't send pause or play commands at all, including with the single tap on the headphone, which is not good either (and worse than the BT-W5 with auto-pause disabled on the headset where the single tap would still work normally). I also had the Sennheiser BTD600 which was doing the play/pause right (toggle on single tap, pause on auto-pause) but there was too much latency in AptX adaptive for videos.

Dec 14, 2023 at 3:20 AM Post #1,834 of 2,095
Velacy has cancelled its Indiegogo campaign after failing to meet their factory’s minimum order. The most interesting part of their campaign was their QCC3086-based dongle, which would have been the first dongle-based aptX Lossless transmitter. They were very focused on the earbuds and a claim they were a world‘s first when they were not. They didn’t realise the dongle was the world-changing item. I’m hoping they reconsider and launch a new campaign focused on the dongle.

IMG_0433.jpeg

IMG_0432.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 6:13 AM Post #1,836 of 2,095
I am wondering why industry has not yet offered a usb dongle with aptx lossless.
Creative should create a dongle with qcc3086 and aptx lossless.

I have asked Creative several times for Le audio based BT dongles sold separately, but yes aptx lossless needs to be also included.

The more people that email and request Creative here, hopefully something can happen.

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:19 AM Post #1,837 of 2,095
Creative will do one. They’re just always at least a year behind the curve. I will be surprised if the BT-W6 isn’t based on the QCC3086. The trouble is, I want the BT-W7 now, that would be based on the S7 Pro chips with XPAN. 🤣

Dec 14, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #1,838 of 2,095
Creative will do one. They’re just always at least a year behind the curve. I will be surprised if the BT-W6 isn’t based on the QCC3086. The trouble is, I want the BT-W7 now, that would be based on the S7 Pro chips with XPAN. 🤣

I guess we have to BT-W8 for that one :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 17, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #1,840 of 2,095
Tested that 3x quick button tap on my Creative BT-L4 LE BT dongle, changes to LC3+/Low latency mode and then back to LE Audio/higher latency mode. This works via the Windows 11 PC or my Samsung mobile phone so its not dependent on Creative drivers/software or Windows which is good.

Will update my original review and main BT signature link.

Maybe other Creative BT dongles have a button, it may work also worth a shot.

Quick check on a song on my playlist and yup can still tell the LC3+ mode is reduced sound quality over normal LC3 mode also.

Dec 17, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #1,842 of 2,095
Steel series Artic Pro Wireless Review

Pros
-2.4ghz Wifi Wireless mode for best latency for TV watching and Gamers, offering best stability/performance yet with no clicks, pops, crackles and audio drops which
I usually get with BT headphones and BT dongles.
-External dock station with 3.5mm input/output, Optical input/output, USB Audio for PC connection and optional power connection.
-External dock can be powered via PC and even when PC is off it can remain powered on so other consoles, TVs or audio inputs can be fully used so its not dependent on PC
being left on or PC drivers and Software. Example> I can have PC Audio on, switch on TV and any hdmi source (cable tv, pc, xbox, Nvidia shield etc) can still play back fine
-External dock can be fully set up with all settings and saved to unit so no need for PC or installation software but it is recommended for gamers and full features still.
-External dock can charge batteries easily via side port.
-Dual or triple? Sound streams, from what I can tell I can play back a song from my PC, also watching cable/sky TV and they both play at same time.
-Usual features, volume dial on side, mic on/off, pull out mic, separate 3.5mm jack for wired connectivity (best latency) and charging port.
-Batteries can be removed and replaced cost about £15-20 each.

Cons
-Batteries only last roughly 8-10hours, bit annoying to keep changing them especially during audio cut off when battery runs out.
-External dock not correctly engineered, has a design fault with EMI or shielding issue so produces a slight hiss always (see bottom ill leave tips to improve it)
-Microphone doesn't fully retract inside the unit and pokes out a little
-Headphones have a ski type band which adds solid firm support but its still a strap pressing against your skull always, some may hate it I got use to it.
-2.4ghz wifi wireless Audio Sound quality not the best but more then adequate for TV watching and Gaming use.
-3.5mm input on dock station higher latency then optical audio wire.

Why not the newer steelseries novas before you ask? The nova lacks an optical input and my main use is to connect my TVs optical out to it, not sure why nova went backwards in features and designs here the optical connection has the cleanest audio and best latency due to fibre optic technology and they ditched it for usb perhaps due to console users. Also the newer novas have a microphone bump issue inside the drivers which could rub against your ears more.

You can enable Volume limiter in the Steel series software or usb dock and this can reduce the white noise hiss issue slightly. I also played around with my chatmix volume and reduced it to also improve the white noise.

I also got the WC PadZ from amazon, these are more pleather, larger and better quality pads. I get a slight change in audio sound quality (lesser) but the benefits are better noise isolation and much less sound leakage. Due to the deeper WC padZ cups my ears no longer touch the drivers but there is a little bit of inner ear rubbing still but found it not as bad as with stock pads. As a nice bonus since these pads are deeper the white noise is reduced also or more spaced out at least.

I do recommend these Artic pro wireless especially for TV users and gamers, even though their old they still have that optical input option so any source you run from your TV can magically be played back in the best stability and latency going, I can finally watch TV via my Nvidia shield or Cable TV in peace without dealing with any annoying BT issues and these have been tested after 4 weeks solid use.

20231218_094628.jpg

20231218_094652.jpg

20231218_094646.jpg

20231218_094634.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #1,843 of 2,095
Just to follow up on the earlier discussion regarding btd 600. My denon perl pro app shows btd 600 outputing aptx adaptive high quality at 96khz.
Screenshot_20231218_091624_Headphones.jpg

Dec 22, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #1,844 of 2,095
Sony Inzone Buds mini-review.

Finally....finally.....again, finally some true good earbuds made for gaming without big flaws. i was waiting these for a long time, and finally we got what we were searching for.

Before these i had a pair of Epos GTW 270 but they had various problems, and with the latest firmware they ruined completely the battery life ( shame on EPOS ).

I waited two weeks before writing this mini-review because i wanted to be sure about the quality of the product and not rushing it ( i'm not a professional reviewer, but i'll do my best ).

My uses are for gaming 70% / movies-music-internet 30%

*** I've been using them on both PC / PlayStation 5 during these weeks ***

Pros:

- Let's start about the price. Yes they are pricey for the medium range of users which usually gets cheap stuff, but at least you get an awesome product. ( read below ). There are no perfect products out there.

- The connection is fast. They always connect to the dongle within 4 seconds, even if you pull out / pull in the dongle on another device. And they never lost the connection / signal or had sound drops / crackling noises, never happened such a thing. Perfect.

- Sound quality out of the box is pretty clean, neutral, no over-punching bass ( i didn't touch the EQ ). I'm using them on default and it's perfectly fine to me like this.

- Touch controls are on point...very responsive, you'll never miss any command. And also they are easily customizable under the Sony's software.

- Battery is on point too, i used them for about 10 hours and they still had +- 25% charge

- Sony Inzone HUB software appears to be very stable under Windows 11, easy to use and had no recognizing problems or crashes or errors to this day. The software allows to customize controls / standby mode / volume and other things.

- The latency is 30ms which is not noticeable on gaming or general purposes. They use the new Bluetooth LC3 codec

- The dongle is switchable between "PC - PS5 / Mobile" devices. But they works under "PC" mode on PS5 too without changing the switch everytime.

- They will turn off on their own after 15 minutes after you remove them from your ears. They almost immediately turn on, if you wear again....very very VERY useful. ( this feature can be disable under the Sony Inzone HUB software ).

- About the ANC...it's a feature i'm really NOT interested. It seems decent at removing all those constant sounds in the background, like fan noises. Same as others ANC. Nothing special but useful in some situations.

- The volume level is saved within the earbuds itself, so it's not related to an external software

- They are easy to pick from the case and to put back into the case because of their shape a little "arched". Some others earbuds i tried for example were awful and slippy in the same situations.

Cons:

- Plastic case might feels cheap and the little cover are a bit brittle. Better be careful if you open/close the case a lot of time during your days.

- The confort at your ears......well that's personal. Some people will have some problems for sure, some others not. In my case, they don't slip out of my ears, but I have to insert them well (without pressing too much). Then they will stay secure.

- The case battery life could have been better. The case only ensures a 2x - 2.5x times recharge more or less, then he gets low battery.

- They have a little hiss noise in the background but is it's not annoying like someone said. it's barely noticeable only in complete silence.

- They ONLY works with the dongle supplied.

In conclusion i definitely suggest them, IMO the best money i spent this year.:relaxed:

Attachments

• Sony Inzone Buds.jpg
    Sony Inzone Buds.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back