aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
May 18, 2023 at 7:27 PM Post #1,261 of 2,089
Had a little experiment. So it works in my phone (for now). Definitely better than onboard BT :

S23 Ultra + FiiO UTWS5 ver 2 w/ UM Mentor (OG) + Creative BT-W5 using PowerAmp as Player

So in my phone I could configure 24/96 on BT-W5 on PowerAmp via Settings -> Audio -> Either using Hi-Res Output or AAudio Output -> USB DAC ->. Sample Rate: 96 Khz / Sample Format: 24 bit

On Audio -> Audio Info is confirmed PowerAmp outputs 24/96 to BT-W5 and Hi-Res Output/AAudio Output says too on BT-W5.

HOWEVER, Volume is low, need to tinker more

Last edited:
May 18, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #1,262 of 2,089
Alternative A2DP Driver has now added aptX and aptX HD support (hopefully aptX LL will follow) but like its LDAC option aptX HD is missing a 16bit option IMO which so far both are lacking so you are stuck in 24bit even if you set to 44.1k

I seem to remember reading something about aptX LL needing some special transmitter support? If so, not sure if that might prevent aptX LL being added, but I hope I'm wrong.

May 19, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #1,265 of 2,089
Well, this is disappointing. Maybe I'm not setting things up correctly? I figured out how to get the KB9P working on my MacBook Air (turn off bluetooth on the computer, duh...) and alternately paired my Noble Mystiques with the KB9P and just the regular BT output from the computer. Near as I could tell there wasn't any difference in sound quality. IF I assume the KB9P has a different, better codec and my Apple device was indeed defaulting to the KB9P, then I can't see any reason to simply use my computer instead of this dongle.

May 19, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #1,266 of 2,089
I'm noticing a crackling sound / distortion intermittently with my KB9P output to either BT speakers of BT HP. It can be present for several hours then disappear for the next several hours. Wondering:

1. Is this interference from another device?
2. if so, what should I try to resolve it?
3. Would a Class 1 BT device like Creative BT-W5 be less prone to this?

Thanks for any suggestions!

May 19, 2023 at 9:12 PM Post #1,267 of 2,089
So im late in the party, i just got my KB9p dongle, looked around this thread for a while but giving up for now, the dongle assistant wont detect the kb9p at all, i tried the software version 1.6 and 1.7, im using win 11, anyone can point me in the right direction please?

May 20, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #1,269 of 2,089
I bought kb9p for Playstation5 and YET-T9 for tv.
Kb9p is good but it doesn't support avrcp for ps5 it's ok but i'm also thinking about another dongle for windows but i need avrcp for that. Do you know if kb8p or tx40 also don't support avrcp?

Do you know if there is any firmware update for YET-T9? Because latency in aptx adaptive is a nightmare. When I watch a movie and use the sbc or aptx hd codec I don't see any delay between the screen and the audio, but when I change the codec to adaptive aptx I think the delay is around 500ms. There is a noticeable divergence of sound and picture.

May 20, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #1,270 of 2,089
Never heard of it and if it does not have App support then it will probably not have FW support.

Buy one that states it works for PS5, the KB8/8P/K9/K9P all tell you if they do and if you need the 16bit or 24bit model to do so, the AliExpress listings show this.

Or just buy a Creative BT-W5.

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #1,271 of 2,089
Never heard of it and if it does not have App support then it will probably not have FW support.

Buy one that states it works for PS5 (the KB8/8P/K9/K9P all tell you if they do and if you need the 16bit or 24bit model to do so, the AliExpress listings show this.

Or just buy a Creative BT-W5.
Regarding BT-W5 @helmutcheese is it less prone to the crackling issue I referenced here? Thanks!

May 20, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #1,274 of 2,089
BTW, perhaps I'm being dense but how do I verify BT5 is transmitting 24 / 96...the purple indicator light just means HQ vs. LL. My Focal Bathys receiving headphones do not have an indicator to tell me what I'm receiving.

Thanks for clarifying @helmutcheese!

Regarding BT-W5 @helmutcheese is it less prone to the crackling issue I referenced here? Thanks!
I had a metallic sound some other reported on both in the beginning (not sure if random or got used to it but I would not have heard on the BT5 if that was the case).

I have not got full use of it due to the before mentioned Win 11 Canary buggy POS builds for past 2 builds and no new builds for 2 weeks due to the number of bugs to be fixed, same for my soundcard. no Creative software works.

May 20, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #1,275 of 2,089
About T9 i mean:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJOrHdx

I got K9P and for ps5 is good. But i need antoher dongle for pc support avrcp (control music via headphones.)
So, you have said, well the only one I know for a fact works in the Creative range as they have full playback controls officially and it works on both Android (AFAIR but I will retest) and Windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back