aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Feb 10, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #1,053 of 2,245
Thanks! Access was denied but asked for it. BTW apparently the KB9P does not work on Windows 11, the stick is not recognized. But compability is stated as Win 7-10 so they don't even promise Win11. No problem for me, just tried the stick out on my laptop. Pairing on the headset was fast and shows a greenish yellow light so should be APTX adaptive, as it should on the M4.

Feb 10, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #1,054 of 2,245
Received the KB9P today. Could someone share the software? The vendor has not sent it to me even though I requested it and they kind of promised to send it..

Thanks! Access was denied but asked for it. BTW apparently the KB9P does not work on Windows 11, the stick is not recognized. But compability is stated as Win 7-10 so they don't even promise Win11. No problem for me, just tried the stick out on my laptop. Pairing on the headset was fast and shows a greenish yellow light so should be APTX adaptive, as it should on the M4.
I thought it would work regardless, but i got a prompt now that i accepted. I think it should work now.

Feb 11, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #1,058 of 2,245
Feb 11, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #1,059 of 2,245
I did some back and forth testing with the KB9P and YET-T10 adapters connected to my qudelix, as I was bothered by the sound quality I was getting from the former. When I initially tested the T10 I dismissed it as the latency was more noticable than the KB9P while the range was good on both. When revisiting the T10 now I noticed that the sound quality is substantially better and pretty much on par with the qudelix USB wired. The latency is still pretty bad on the T10, I'm guessing around 200ms while the KB9P sounds closer to adaptive spec at around 80ms. So for music and casual web browsing the T10 is better, but subpar for gaming. The KB9P on the other hand is subpar for music, but better for gaming.

edit: I also checked the bitrate in the qudelix app and the T10 does in fact provide variable bitrate as opposed to KB9P which is fixed to either 279 or 420kbps while providing worse sound quality regardless.
what is the highst bitrate you seen at t10p? i got the same experience with you by the way, i had the k8p somehow the t10p sounds better, maybe it is the qcc3056 a newer chip. hope the hisenkeji can release a newer version with the latest qcc chip, i hate the antenna at the t10p very disturbing when used with the phone

Feb 11, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #1,060 of 2,245
My KB9P seems to work fine on Windows 11, haven't had any issues so far.
Dunno what could be wrong. Win11 in my laptop did not recognize the stick and nothing could be found in the device manager either. TPM? Just tried it on Win10 and has worked flawlessly and as described. Firmware 2.12 out of the box, everything works with the software.

Somebody mentioned the range on the KB9P. Just downloaded a 24bit 96khz sample (set also in Windows-sound settings, high quality mode aptx adaptive in app). I usually use an extension cable with the motherboard (MSI B450 Carbon) bluetooth-antenna to get it more into the center of the apartment. Haven't done it yet for the KB9P because just wanted to try it out. Popped it in my computer, that is behind the sofa, then walked to the kitchen that is three wooden walls and 10m away and noticed absolutely no deterioration in quality and no crackling! Also no problems with a internet radio FLAC-stream (Radio Paradise mellow mix). I'm no master audiophile but even my motherboard bluetooth with a relatively big antenna started crackling before using the extension cable solution. Truly astonishing and almost cannot believe it (I was losing my mind with the motherboard bluetooth before finding the extension cable solution 😂..)! Could be the probably newer bluetooth version - should be using 5.2 since both the stick and the Momentum 4's support it..

Feb 18, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #1,062 of 2,245
KB9P on Windows 11, Firmware v2.12.0 out of the box

Untitled1.png
Untitled2.png
Untitled3.png
Untitled4.png

Feb 18, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #1,063 of 2,245
Hi everyone. Have acquired a KB8P here - for windows + android use.
Finally able to receive 24/48 thank god. My phone is a samsung exynos - only vanilla aptx and aac. My UTWS5 has no LDAC

Anyway, was wondering - for the Windows users - is there any way to powerup/enable/auto-switch the default audio/comms device from original speakers to KB8P upon earbud connection, and standby/disable/auto switch from KB8P back to original speakers upon earbud disconnect?

Having to manually switch/physically unplug KB8P is not an elegant solution.
Was thinking of using VBcable to output to both sources, but that too doesnt seem elegant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back