aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Jul 27, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #271 of 2,135
No, you rely on the LED Colour on the BT Dongle and if you have the MTW3 earbuds like I did their App will show what codec is getting used for the earbuds even when they are connected to another device so your PC, TV or this BT Dongle (I posted screenshots a few pages back showing it).

EDIT: Those photos are in the MTW3 thread.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #273 of 2,135
Note,About the functional difference of each model:

---QCC3056 T10 16Bit:
Only Support 16Bit,Compatible with Android Box/Android TV.
(QCC3056 Chip,With Antenna,USB Input, Support Multi-point Connect (one for two), can connect 2 bluetooth earphones or bluetooth speakers at the same time.)

---QCC3056 T10P 24Bit:
Support 16-24Bit, But Not compatible with Part of Android Box/Android TV.
(QCC3056 Chip,With Antenna,USB Input, Support Multi-point Connect (one for two), can connect 2 bluetooth earphones or bluetooth speakers at the same time.)

Support multi-point connection,Can connect two Bluetooth headsets at the same time;

Seller’s ReplyFriend, please refer to the following functions:

YETT10 switching and LED function definition Button Key Function:

Click: enter playback mode Press and hold for 2 seconds: enter search pairing mode
Double click: open/close computer call function
Quick triple tap: switch APTX-LL/APTX-HD/APTX Adaptive audio format
Press and hold for 6 seconds: Clear all pairing information

LED function definition:

Blue LED light flashes slowly: playback mode Blue LED flashes quickly: Searching for pairing mode The blue LED light is always on: the pairing is successful Green light off: SBC audio format Steady green light: APTX-LL audio format Green light flashes once every 3 seconds: APTX-HD audio format Green light flashes 3 times every 3 seconds: APTX-Adaptive audio format Green light flashes 5 times every 3 seconds: APTX audio format

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004229460960.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.10d328d1encES2&algo_pvid=b738a84c-a800-4905-9aed-62d75626a728&algo_exp_id=b738a84c-a800-4905-9aed-62d75626a728-0&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id":"12000028457895493"}&pdp_npi=2@dis!GBP!!12.74!!!!!@2100bb4c16589685099042185e2b58!12000028457895493!sea

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022 at 7:15 AM Post #274 of 2,135
I bought a new dongle. This one is the real deal! The "eppfun" from amazon lost connection constantly. It was the dongle w no inscription on the case. And.. idk.. this new version HaiSenKeji seems to sound WAY better! Fuller! Warmer! More airy! More dynamic! Better bass! Am i just imagining this?! Idk.. but definitely sounds better. Weird! And this one has even a microphone. The eppfun didn't. Someone should warn the amazon users fropm buying that dongle version.

So how do i upgrade the firmware? I managed to get the tool to download. I will try to upload the tool for others here. Idk if the forum will allow it, though.

edit: it seems that in the tool you see that the dongle in its settings by default is in "fast encoding" instead of "quality". I changed it to quality.

edit2: I have a question. Let's say i have 320kbit/s mp3s on my phone and listen to them via my phones inherent aptX codec, but would there be a quality increase, if i plugged in the aptX adaptive dongle to my phone and listened to the said mp3 with the aptX adaptive dongle? I understand that if the audio file quality was e.g. 400kbit/s then the aptX adaptive dongle would be beneficiary but most my mp3s are are really below 320kbit/s. Could the sound be better just due to the dongle's newer, superior aptX HD/adaptive capable chip than the phones aptX transmitter?

Attachments

• firmware.jpg
    firmware.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 配对助手+v1.5.zip
    136.5 KB · Views: 0
  • HaiSenKeji.jpg
    HaiSenKeji.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 0
  • quality mode.jpg
    quality mode.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #275 of 2,135
The ASUS ROG Phone 6 range is coming with aptX Lossless. It’s the first phone I’ve seen confirming this. As an iPhone user, it’s a little bit too pricey for me to buy it just for aptX Lossless but it has a great spec.
The Rog 6 series is now on Asus UK site, so is the slightly cheaper Zen 9 series, they are both Snapdragon® 8+ Gen 1 so I would think same specs sound/codec wise.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #277 of 2,135
i have the samsung z flip 3. It has snapdragon 888 but apparanty only aptX. Why is there no aptx adaptive availabnle? In developer mode, i saw ldhac but greyed out btw.
Samsung has made its own proprietary High quality wireless codec for use with its own earbuds. I think they are simply pushing their own tech and suppressing the others.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #278 of 2,135
I bought a new dongle. This one is the real deal! The "eppfun" from amazon lost connection constantly. It was the dongle w no inscription on the case. And.. idk.. this new version HaiSenKeji seems to sound WAY better! Fuller! Warmer! More airy! More dynamic! Better bass! Am i just imagining this?! Idk.. but definitely sounds better. Weird! And this one has even a microphone. The eppfun didn't. Someone should warn the amazon users fropm buying that dongle version.

So how do i upgrade the firmware? I managed to get the tool to download. I will try to upload the tool for others here. Idk if the forum will allow it, though.

edit: it seems that in the tool you see that the dongle in its settings by default is in "fast encoding" instead of "quality". I changed it to quality.

edit2: I have a question. Let's say i have 320kbit/s mp3s on my phone and listen to them via my phones inherent aptX codec, but would there be a quality increase, if i plugged in the aptX adaptive dongle to my phone and listened to the said mp3 with the aptX adaptive dongle? I understand that if the audio file quality was e.g. 400kbit/s then the aptX adaptive dongle would be beneficiary but most my mp3s are are really below 320kbit/s. Could the sound be better just due to the dongle's newer, superior aptX HD/adaptive capable chip than the phones aptX transmitter?
Once the audio file has been reduced to 320kbps, there is no way to put the missing data back into that reduced file.

Anything that tries to make more of a lower source would be upscaling. Upscaling is not usually desirable. It’s kind of like “faking it”. It’s not the real missing quality.

You have to provide music at or higher than the capabilities of the output device to benefit. So, you want to input CD or better quality source audio files to get the best out of aptX Adaptive.

Whenever you capture/import audio, these days you should use a lossless format like ALAC, WAV or FLAC as MP3 is a lossy format. The popular use of the dongles these days is to use it with a lossless streaming service.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #280 of 2,135
One question: One person told me that aptx adaptive might be so efficient that its max bitrate of 420kbit/s is the same quality as aptX HD's 570 kbit/s.
What is the truth here?
That’s what Qualcomm’s marketing says. So, it’s technically true.

Newer Qualcomm chipsets push the Adaptive rate higher. The current generation chipsets go up to 800kbps or something around there.

Jul 30, 2022 at 10:43 PM Post #281 of 2,135
Why do our 24bit Dongles not go down to 16bit in Windows Audio Settings?

If we are listening to CD Rips, then ideally that would be best setting and especially as they support SBC/aptX and both are 16bit.

Jul 31, 2022 at 8:17 AM Post #282 of 2,135
Why do our 24bit Dongles not go down to 16bit in Windows Audio Settings?

If we are listening to CD Rips, then ideally that would be best setting and especially as they support SBC/aptX and both are 16bit.
I hadn’t noticed that was the case but that will be by firmware design. The dongle has to tell Windows what capabilities it has and it’s up to the firmware author to make sure that list is accurate.

Think of the bit rate as like a width in a length measurement. as long as it’s the same or bigger than your source then you’re good to go. It won’t harm lower rate content to be passed through a wider “channel”. It should remain intact and true to the source. With the exception that it’ll also be processed by the lossy codec anyway but it’ll be intact til it hits the codec.

Aug 1, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #285 of 2,135
My KB9P seller from Ali has posted a message saying that we must enable the "Enter pairing mode after reconnection timeout". There is a firmware bug that could mean the dongle may not enter pairing mode again. I presume they don't mean "even if you unplug it".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back