aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
Aug 7, 2022 at 6:43 AM Post #301 of 2,091
Ok. Sounds like I need to google
Search “QCC3056 dongle” or adapter. I think that QCC thing means it’s a chipset

Aug 7, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #302 of 2,091
Aug 7, 2022 at 7:38 AM Post #303 of 2,091
Aug 7, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #304 of 2,091
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:02 AM Post #306 of 2,091
Are there any LDAC dongles you could recommend? FiiO BTR30 Pro isn't exactly cheap
As far as I know there are no stick-style LDAC transmitters available today. One is apparently in development.

Android phones usually have LDAC transmitter capability.

Because the LDAC encoding is processor intensive and therefore uses a lot of power, it’s rarely available in small devices that transmit. Believe it or not the BTA30 Pro is actually one of the cheapest. I had the HiBy R3 Pro Saber DAP for a while but it’s twice the cost of the BTA30 Pro.

If you don’t want to spend upwards of £100 then I’d wait to see this next gen dongle with LDAC. I suspect it’ll not be as cheap as the KB9P but it should still cost less than the BTA30.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #307 of 2,091
The receiver must have the same chip, as well? I have the UTWS5 for example.
Normally no. For the UTWS5, you need either an aptX Adaptive or LHDC transmitter. It’s the codecs you need to match.

The QCC3071 delivers the new aptX Lossless codec. So, you’d need earbuds with aptX Lossless to use that and they could be using the QCC3071 or QCC5171. Also some of the newest Snapdragon 8 series mobile chipsets also support aptX Lossless.

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #308 of 2,091
Normally no. For the UTWS5, you need either an aptX Adaptive or LHDC transmitter. It’s the codecs you need to match.

The QCC3071 delivers the new aptX Lossless codec. So, you’d need earbuds with aptX Lossless to use that and they could be using the QCC3071 or QCC5171. Also some of the newest Snapdragon 8 series mobile chipsets also support aptX Lossless.
The UTWS5 has the QCC5141. So a firmware update might enable it to receive the aptX Lossless signals?
I think i formulated my question wrong.
I guess the chip has to be aptx Lossless capable in the first place.. which the QCC5141 is not.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #309 of 2,091
The UTWS5 has the QCC5141. So a firmware update might enable it to receive the aptX Lossless signals?
FiiO was hopeful about that because Qualcomm decided to market that “Snapdragon Sound” would deliver aptX Lossless. UTWS5 was certified as Snapdragon Sound. However, it’s not like Qualcomm to retrofit newer codecs in older chipsets. It’s not in their interest to do that. So, I doubt it will come. It really just means Qualcomm approves of the audio chain of chips.

Codecs are licensed and included in the ROM of an SoC. Older SoC’s are unlikely to get a ROM upgrade. Qualcomm Chips within the same range/series can have additional codecs licensed/unlocked over and above what is marketed but that’s only if the product maker pays for them.

I think FiiO added LHDC in sort of compensation for their inability to get LDAC working and the likelihood of aptX Lossless not coming. Only difficulty is that LHDC transmitters are also hard to come by At an affordable/stick dongle price.

Aug 7, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #310 of 2,091

I'll wait for the cheaper alternative. Thank you

Aug 7, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #311 of 2,091
Is there something better than KB9P (aptx adaptive + same wireless decoding capacity)? Something with the same specs -- minus the the aux port -- but with an antenna socket? For instance, one could use the antenna socket with a signal booster or a custom bidirectional antenna (like the ones found on high end gaming routers) to reach a couple unreachable corners in the house. I have done a similar thing to my old router with success.

ps.I was wondering if the transmitting mode of the Fiio BTA 30 Pro is any better sound quality wise for the fact that this device has a build-in SABRE DAC in comparison to the dongles that don not have any build-in dac at all? Talking about the transmit mode in particular. I can't find a definitive answer that makes sense to me in either direction

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 5:54 PM Post #312 of 2,091
Is there something better than KB9P (aptx adaptive + same wireless decoding capacity)? Something with the same specs -- minus the the aux port -- but with an antenna socket? For instance, one could use the antenna socket with a signal booster or a custom bidirectional antenna (like the ones found on high end gaming routers) to reach a couple unreachable corners in the house.

ps.I was wondering if the transmitting mode of the Fiio BTA 30 Pro is any better sound quality wise for the fact that this device has a build-in SABRE DAC in comparison to the dongles that don not have any build-in dac at all?

This one has no AUX and an antenna:

VAORLO QCC3056 https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOEGWIU

Make sure you choose the T10P for 24-bit support.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #314 of 2,091
You’ll have to look for it there. I wouldn’t know. I’m in Scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back