Appreciation thread for the Ray Samuels - SR-71A: I just spend the night listening to the SR-71A with a cold beer and nothing to distract me.
Oct 7, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #140 of 145
i just received the SR71B yesterday, Single Ended, the SR71A is just significantly better in every ways, bass thumps, melody sings, vocals triggered emotions... perhaps because the SR71A had been burned in compared to the SR71B... which kinda sounds grainy in bass as well as high treble with electric guitar bursts... will continue to run in the SR71B !~

Oct 7, 2023 at 10:53 PM Post #141 of 145
i just received the SR71B yesterday, Single Ended, the SR71A is just significantly better in every ways, bass thumps, melody sings, vocals triggered emotions... perhaps because the SR71A had been burned in compared to the SR71B... which kinda sounds grainy in bass as well as high treble with electric guitar bursts... will continue to run in the SR71B !~
Interesting as I have both and I preferred the SR-71B's single ended output over the SR-71As. In talking with Ray they basically are the same but the SR-71B having the additional balanced design.

Oct 8, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #142 of 145
In single ended mode I preferred the SR71A over the SR71B. When using the SR71B in balanced mode, it really shines and IMO sounds significantly better than SE mode from either device.

Oct 8, 2023 at 11:02 PM Post #144 of 145
From what I understand from talking with Ray is the driver is the same as well as the voltage on the rails to power single ended. The SR-71A with two 9V batteries has 18V on each rail (positive/negative). For the SR-71B, it has a 36V battery pack but in single ended it only draws 18V on each rail. Running it balanced puts 36V on the rails for the extra voltage needed in balanced.

Nov 16, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #145 of 145
Had the SR-71B for a good month+ the graininess is absolutely gone, I simply adore the RSA amps, using the SR71B permanently as my desktop with Denafrips Ares II as the DAC balance out. The SR71A is my on the go pairing with AK SR35.

Big thank you to Audio Addict, absolutely saved my a$$ for that last SR71B, I actually worked out a 3 mth repayment schedule with Ray before he ships because i was really out of dough then.

Flat broke but happy broke ! Cheers fellas~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back