Apple - you have made me want to harm you physically.
Mar 7, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah you should have kept your mouth shut and just sucked it up. Seems to be the American way...

Big words coming from someone who's from a penal colony...

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #32 of 56
ipod100mmbackground.jpg

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipod100mmbackground.jpg

Ha! That's pretty cool...

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #34 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by poo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the hell is up with these responses???

I totally agree with Germania - and what she has said nothing to do with bitchin or whining.

To be put in a position where you have to pay for extras that others get for free is insane! Free for iPhone but not Touch? C'mon! It's just rude... they're the same friggin product!

Again, iPhone owners aren't getting this for free. You know they're paying a price higher than many would (including me), monthly for years, that is getting kicked back to Apple (rumored to be $18 a month)? You can disagree with the Touch charge (which I'm with you, though we don't even know what it is yet), but this isn't the logic you want to use. Turn it around - is it the charge or your perceived unbalanced application that's the issue - would you be happier if the iPhone/AT&T (if we're talking US) people got charged too? I doubt it.

And even starting with "Apple - you have made me want to harm you physically" title - how exactly do you define bitchin' or whining (or add ranting)? Unless it's coming out of the mouth of a 14 year old, and maybe even then, it's lame as anything other an emotional out-letting.

And stevenkelby, exactly who said no one is to complain?

Mar 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #35 of 56
Opportunity cost. Later adopters always get more for their money than early. Early adopters get to be first. That's it. If being first isn't enough, wait and buy later.

Mar 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #37 of 56
the google phone better be free. after all, the information I have allowed google to harvest from me is very valuable.

Mar 7, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #39 of 56
What's the problem? There are plenty of programs made with toolchain, so just use those if you are so vehemently against paying a (relatively (this is the theory of apple relativity, mind)) small amount in order to be able to do some heavy duty stuff, like loading applications directly on the device! Which other competitor in this category can do this?

Some people use linux or some other completely free OS because they feel an OS is something that shouldn't be what apple epitomizes: closed and for profit, which is completely fine. Different strokes and all.

I'm sounding like a damn apologist, but toolchain is out there, and people are developing programs for it as well as expanding it, all at no cost. Up to now has apple has done nothing to help applications get on the iphone/touch, but that hasn't stopped anyone.

Mar 7, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big words coming from someone who's from a penal colony...

Lol, it's true it's true.

BlessingX, It was tongue in cheek commentary on the current trend I have seen to shoot down anyone who complains about anything. It always comes from Americans. Is that racist? I don't know. Sorry to have offended, I'm not perfect either!

I don't have time to quote now but just look through this single thread. How many posts offer nothing but what amounts to "Stop Whinging!" ?

What else do they offer, but far more importantly, why did those people make those posts?

Mar 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #44 of 56
I don't get the angst. In the Windows Mobile world, (I compare Windows Mobile because they make smartphone/Pocketpc OSes for products that compete with iphone), you often get no upgrade at all. Yes, Microsoft will release an ugprade, but many manufacturers and service providers just aren't bothered enough to pass it on to you, which makes your device obsolete on a yearly basis.

And for those who get an upgrade, it's often pay-for, like WM5 for the iPaq hx4700. That's not always true though. WM6 was free for my Treo. But usually we're just happy to even get the offer of an upgrade.

Paying for bug fixes is bad business. Paying for new features is fair play, and if you don't want to pay, then you don't have to buy, it's really that simple.

And regarding the SDK, they didn't have to make one available, but they chose to go there, and it's mostly for developers, so unless you're coding something, why do you need it?

If Apple doesn't have the products you want, there are other companies who do. I mean, there are three competing Activesync replacements for OsX that would allow you to sync a Windows Mobile ppc or smartphone. And of course there's Symbian and you can wait and see what Google comes out with.

You're not stuck on one product. It's not just one product that will work with your computer. But not whining about not wanting to pay programmers for the hard work they put in bringing you new features is lame, lame, lame.

Mar 8, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #45 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipod100mmbackground.jpg

If you like that, this just showed on Digg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back