Apple iPad is Offical
Jan 29, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #151 of 392
Longtime ipod/phone fans probably won't mind the limitations, but others will. I could not fathom a personal computer without flash and multi-tasking. I watch streaming videos from many different sites, and often have numerous programs open at once. (And does the ipad natively play avi/mkv/ts/mpeg2 files etc?)

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #153 of 392
Is it just me or did the tablet world just got realized by a lot of people just because Apple came out with one? I've been hearing this thing for a while now. What all the other companies who made some ( Amazon Kindle )? I think this thing will be over hyped and is way to expensive. For my opinion aniways.

Cole

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #154 of 392
41QwUzaUrtL._SS400_.jpg

41AWOPc-2WL._SS400_.jpg

As the previous poster mentioned, I definitely more interested with this one than iPad. This is coming from someone who bring macbook and ipod touch to school everyday. The only drawback, I want osx inside that lenovo. Hopefully this lenovo will be succesfull and forced apple to issue iPad pro
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #155 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole-Gauthier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me or did the tablet world just got realized by a lot of people just because Apple came out with one? I've been hearing this thing for a while now. What all the other companies who made some ( Amazon Kindle )? I think this thing will be over hyped and is way to expensive. For my opinion aniways.

Cole

Tablet computers have been the next big thing since the early 80's.

Jan 29, 2010 at 8:48 PM Post #157 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now this is cute YouTube - Michael Dell Shows TechCrunch The Dell Mini 5

Saw that yesterday, agree. How Michael Dell said his "no" at the end was quite amusing.
Arrington and his techcrunch however are overhyped imo...some of the content his team puts out is very subpar.

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #159 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not a personal computer! It's a digital picture frame that can browse the web.

Well said; it will also edit those photos pretty well for a frame; definitely the nicest picture frame around lol.

Jan 30, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #160 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well said; it will also edit those photos pretty well for a frame; definitely the nicest picture frame around lol.

And one of the most expensive picture frame around too haha.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #161 of 392
Ummm, it's a bigass overpriced iTouch with limited functions/features. No multi tasking, no flash, no USB -- lol what? The only people buying this will be the fanboys on Apple's bandwagon.

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #162 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm, it's a bigass overpriced iTouch with limited functions/features. No multi tasking, no flash, no USB -- lol what? The only people buying this will be the fanboys on Apple's bandwagon.

Then I predict a lot of new Fanboys, all aboard, room for more
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #163 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Longtime ipod/phone fans probably won't mind the limitations, but others will. I could not fathom a personal computer without flash and multi-tasking. I watch streaming videos from many different sites, and often have numerous programs open at once. (And does the ipad natively play avi/mkv/ts/mpeg2 files etc?)

I already have a PC and this would be more of an alternative to the iPhone when I am at home and don't want to drag out my laptop but can use a larger screen. I am not too worried about video because I found a way to Sling hulu, netflix, amazon, etc.. to the iPhone...which should also work on the iPad. There is a lot of flash I can live without, too. A lot of flash is used for ads and I can live without them.

I think iPhone/Touch users are used to these issues and live without them on a daily basis. Not really a big deal.. I also think it may have multitasking by the time it is released. That is my major problem with it now, but maybe there will be a jailbreak for this, too.

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #164 of 392
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tablet computers have been the next big thing since the early 80's.

This isn't Apple's first tablet, either. The Newton, even today, still has a bit of a following.

Steve also seems to have a thing for cubes, too. I keep wondering if the Mini will turn into a little aluminum cube one of these days. I still love the NeXT Cube and keep one around. For something that's 20 years old, it's still remarkably usable and will browse the web.

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:17 AM Post #165 of 392
I hope Apple programs a feature that allows one to lock the orientation of the browser; i.e. prevents the browser from adjusting when the iPad is rotated. Some of us like to read while laying down on our side. This is the only thing that annoys me with the iPhone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back