Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Apr 11, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #286 of 979
I’ve had these since launch and have recently started using them a bit more.

The right one seems to have a strange power problem on my set, and I was wondering if anyome else has similar?

Sometimes when I open the lid, the pop-up screen on my phone tells me that the left one is at 100%, but the right is at far less. I domt Think it is a connection issue, because the right one generally shows as charging and eventually get back to 100%.

The problem is that if I don’t open the lid to check, the right one will go right down to 0% and then not connect to the phone at all. It also seems to happen quite quickly - 100% to empty in 2 hours if left unchecked.

Apr 16, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #289 of 979
Has anyone tried SpinFit on these? Do they fit good?

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #290 of 979
Just to say that I'm impressed by these Pro. I tried them in an Apple store where they were released and I said "well... Nothing special at all.."
But more than 1Y later I bought a set for running because comfort was great and they hold well in my ears plus ANC which was quite good.

Meanwhile I discovered an app called wavelet which is providing automatic EQ.
Just fantastic.
I can't believe how good the value proposition of these Pro is now...

I was about to buy a small dap or dongle or usb transmitter to use my IEMs (andromeda, Volt , SA6) but nop I won't.
I'll continue to use my desktop setup with IEMs at work but anywhere else just my Pro.

Kudos apple ( and I don't like apple products, I'm 100% Android / windows user)

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #291 of 979

Does SpinFit make a tip for the APP? I wasn’t aware. I’ve used one set of aftermarket tips for the APP, the plastic adapters that that tip used broke after removing them twice.

Edit: hm, it does look like they do. Might be worth a try. I don’t have fit issues with the stock tips, but I do wonder how they influence the sound signature (past 1k since adaptive EQ should take care of everything up to that).

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 6:19 AM Post #292 of 979

Does SpinFit make a tip for the APP? I wasn’t aware. I’ve used one set of aftermarket tips for the APP, the plastic adapters that that tip used broke after removing them twice.

Edit: hm, it does look like they do. Might be worth a try. I don’t have fit issues with the stock tips, but I do wonder how they influence the sound signature (past 1k since adaptive EQ should take care of everything up to that).

I tried the Spinfit tips. I ordered the ML as I seemed to be in between M and L on the Apple tips. The spinfits are very soft and thin compared to the Apple tips and are round rather than oval. Although they were comfortable, I was unable to pass the fit test. I think it's because they don't isolate as well. They also do not stay in my ear as firmly. YMMV.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #293 of 979
Which tips does anyone recommend that can isolate? The stock tips are terrible for me.

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #294 of 979
Just ordered the Symbio eartips. Should be delivered in 7-10 days. Let you know...

Apr 17, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #295 of 979
Which tips does anyone recommend that can isolate? The stock tips are terrible for me.

I'm using AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTIC myself. They are stiffer than the stock tips and a bit "sticky". They also come in a ML size which works for me. Everybody's ears are different, so YMMV.

Apr 17, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #296 of 979
+1 for the SednaEarfit Xelastec tips. I find the size M tips to be comfortable and to stay put as if they were glued into my ears. Passive isolation sounds a touch better to me, compared to the stock tips. The only downside is that their material is slightly tacky, and prone to pick up dirt/lint/stuff like that, though that’s easy to fix by occasionally cleaning with a damp cloth or cleaning wipe (can’t use a dry cloth, like your shirt).

Not needing to adjust the stock APP eartips every 10 minutes or so really does make a big difference in how enjoyable they are to use, and in how long I can wear them.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #298 of 979
Apr 17, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #299 of 979
Makes sense. But they might get stinky over time.
Tips in general are considered consumables; though some just last for ever. Foam tips, however, are definitely almost always consumables which is one of the downsides of using them.

Edit: silicone tips also do get an odor over time as well. There really is no avoiding it.

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #300 of 979
Which translates as £197.00!
We are unlucky in the UK in that we tend to suffer price wise. Things are quite often the same in £ as in $.

I still like the idea of the apple pro’s though. I would use them at the gym and for phone calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back