Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #271 of 979
So I’ve been using the Comply foam tips for the last month and a half. Last night I decided to try the original tips again, but this time the small size. These fit me better. I’m usually a medium so this kind of surprised me. The biggest downfall of the foam tips (with these) is that you need to compress them a bit before you stick them in your ears, and it’s much simpler and quicker to just use silicone tips.

Mar 16, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #274 of 979
Got a pair of these today as I was sick of having to buy replacements for broken lightning to 3.5mm adapters. Feel like a mug for doing so but whatever. The fit is good and the sound is ok but a significant step down from the Xelentos I’m used to, but I expected that, I mainly bought them for podcast listening. I do seem to be needing to have them at a few notches higher volume than previous IEMs though. Surely these aren’t high impedance earphones? The fit is good so it’s not that.

Mar 16, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #275 of 979
Got a pair of these today as I was sick of having to buy replacements for broken lightning to 3.5mm adapters. Feel like a mug for doing so but whatever. The fit is good and the sound is ok but a significant step down from the Xelentos I’m used to, but I expected that, I mainly bought them for podcast listening. I do seem to be needing to have them at a few notches higher volume than previous IEMs though. Surely these aren’t high impedance earphones? The fit is good so it’s not that.
Get some bluetooth adalters for your xelantos.

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #276 of 979
I joined the Apple Airpods Pro club today. I think a new version is coming out shortly - perhaps even later this month, but I got mine at a good price on Amazon UK. My expectations were very low! I only wanted a headset for my iPhone for voice calls. I have several headphones and IEMs for listening to music. I'm in the Apple ecosystem so that was a major factor in buying the Airpods Pro.

So far, setting up was straightforward and wireless charging works well (although I haven't been able to tell when they're fully charge (the actual Airpods themselves, not the case). I tap on the case which is on the wireless charger and the light shows blue, but I don't know if that's for the case or the Airpods.

Anyway, they're working as I expected them to and I'm hoping to read up on this thread to pick up some hints and tips, and any gotchas.

Mar 17, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #277 of 979
I joined the Apple Airpods Pro club today. I think a new version is coming out shortly - perhaps even later this month, but I got mine at a good price on Amazon UK. My expectations were very low! I only wanted a headset for my iPhone for voice calls. I have several headphones and IEMs for listening to music. I'm in the Apple ecosystem so that was a major factor in buying the Airpods Pro.

So far, setting up was straightforward and wireless charging works well (although I haven't been able to tell when they're fully charge (the actual Airpods themselves, not the case). I tap on the case which is on the wireless charger and the light shows blue, but I don't know if that's for the case or the Airpods.

Anyway, they're working as I expected them to and I'm hoping to read up on this thread to pick up some hints and tips, and any gotchas.

If you have the case open (with the AirPods in it) near a phone, it'll display the power level of everything on a nearby iPhone or iPad.

Edit: the case will have an amber light if they are charging the AirPods or if the case itself needs charging (normally when you remove the AirPods from the case).

Mar 17, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #278 of 979
Potentially promising news for the next Netflix update. I've wondered what was taking them so much longer than others given how extensive their library of 5.1 titles is.

"Netflix reportedly testing spatial audio support for AirPods Pro and AirPods Max"
https://9to5mac.com/2021/01/14/netflix-spatial-audio-airpods/

But do people watch Netflix on their phone? It would be interesting if Apple support Spatial audio for the Apple 4K TV.

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #280 of 979
But do people watch Netflix on their phone? It would be interesting if Apple support Spatial audio for the Apple 4K TV.
I use my iPad mainly, but use my speakers generally. The only time I use headphones is on a plane, which the APP and APM have been perfect for.

Mar 22, 2021 at 8:50 AM Post #281 of 979
Has anyone found the call quality to be very poor with Airpods Pro? I tested some music out a few days ago and it sounded okay. Last night I made a WhatsApp audio call for about 1.5 hours and the person I called said that the audio quality was very poor (my voice). I could hear them loud and clear. I disconnected the Airpods Pro and just used the speakerphone on my iPhone and the person I called said that they could hear me a lot better!

This morning I called my home phone from my iPhone whilst using Airpods Pro and left a message for myself and when I listened to it, the audio was really bad quality! The Airpods Pro seem to be working normally, it's just the speech quality of my own voice isn't clear at all.

Mar 22, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #282 of 979
Has anyone found the call quality to be very poor with Airpods Pro? I tested some music out a few days ago and it sounded okay. Last night I made a WhatsApp audio call for about 1.5 hours and the person I called said that the audio quality was very poor (my voice). I could hear them loud and clear. I disconnected the Airpods Pro and just used the speakerphone on my iPhone and the person I called said that they could hear me a lot better!

This morning I called my home phone from my iPhone whilst using Airpods Pro and left a message for myself and when I listened to it, the audio was really bad quality! The Airpods Pro seem to be working normally, it's just the speech quality of my own voice isn't clear at all.

I've never had an issue with call quality of my APP (even after the ANC issues started popping up; which have been corrected in newer models). Contact Apple if you can.

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #283 of 979
I searched for 'poor sound quality Airpods Pro' in Google and there were a large number of sites with threads discussing this issue. I am returning them. However, part of me thinks it may be my iPhone XS Max. I have a Plantronics Voyager 5200 headset and the mic sounds terrible with my iPhone.

Mar 23, 2021 at 6:05 PM Post #284 of 979
So I just last week grabbed a Pixel 5. I've been using my Airpods Pro with an iPhone 12 mini and iPad up until now. I'm surprised to see how well the APP's work with android, and used along with the Wavelet android app for EQ they sound better to me than they did on the iPhone.

Apr 10, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #285 of 979
These need a lot more appreciation imo. Had them for 4 months and easily my most used audio product, the convenience is incredible, ANC, calls, and sound quality is stellar. I actually prefer them to my wired RHA T20is (less detail, nicer signature). One of the best bluetooth audio products imo.

At one point I owned the MW07 plus, Momentum True Wireless 2 and these at once. I personally preferred the pros to both, testing side by side. Each had advantages though, no clear winner in sound. But anc and overall use the app is light years ahead.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back