AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 20, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #1,426 of 4,614
@kenloveme I'm 100% Sure that I gave all information asked on the survey form after the campaign was over but I still received an email asking for those details again. I think you guys can work a lot faster if you keep all of your customers details well at the begining so you don't have ask us again and make thing delay even more.
@kenloveme Got the same email
Check my survey on kickstarter and all my shipping information is complete (backer #714)
What happen here ken ?

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #1,427 of 4,614
@abitdeef No puns intended I understand but we are not only shipping a few hundreds every week. We are probably shipping thousands of them. Keeping tracking of everything is not easy task when you have tons of orders. Why Hidizs R3? You meant AP80 right? R3 is HiBy haha. We are not the same company haha. The AP80 will come to you man haha, then you might change your mind after that! But please just wait a little bit more. I am pushing things up on my end as best as I can but yeah.. can't do better than this now.
Perhaps you should be more transoarent, the last message in the Kickstarter page implies that the shipping has not started.

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #1,428 of 4,614
I didn’t miss any info either, plus like I said I provided all that info again when I bought express shippping 20 days ago. As for the number of units well you’re not shipping them out all at once anyways and if you have a shipping company working with you that number should be a walk in the park.

As for the R3 it’s my only other experience with Kickstarter, that’s why I mentioned it. And they seemed incompetent also, well they blamed it on the shipping company. :wink:

Unless you’re waiting for the bulk of pre-orders from your website to ship out with the Kickstarter backers?

It would just be nice to know exactly what’s going on. I mean to have a tracking info show up in an email, not an email for sales referral bonuses or one asking for info I’ve already provided but they’ve lost or whatever.

I understand your frustration about this but as I mentioned before, we will send you the tracking number when we have updates on it. I am also asking around and pushing to get answers on my end.

To reply to you, no, we would prioritize the backers for sure first. Then ship the orders from the website.

If you guys received that email about the survey to put your informations for shipping again, whether there are missing informations or not can you please just comply and do as asked? It wouldn't hurt to double check, sometimes it can happen that you guys forget the phone number or a zip code. It would only take a few minutes and we could directly ship to you. That would be the easiest way :)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 2:19 AM Post #1,429 of 4,614
Perhaps you should be more transoarent, the last message in the Kickstarter page implies that the shipping has not started.
It is in the process of shipping. Some people received their AP80s. It might take some times as we are going through the custom clearance while shipping that's what they tried to say in the KS message I think. :)

Nov 21, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #1,430 of 4,614
It is in the process of shipping. Some people received their AP80s. It might take some times as we are going through the custom clearance while shipping that's what they tried to say in the KS message I think. :)
In the process of shipping means that they are not shipped.

How many have been shipped? To where?

It seems that only some HK units have been shipping and the messages you're posting doesn't help. It seems that you're hiding some inconvenient information

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #1,431 of 4,614
Can I maybe suggest we start a new thread that is just related to shipping questions of the AP80?

Rather than have this thread get totally de-railed by the same questions to the point where people wanting to hear news and discuss the product leave the thread as their notifications get bombarded by the same questions time and time again?

I think it would benefit both sides of the discussion here.

Nov 21, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #1,432 of 4,614
Can I maybe suggest we start a new thread that is just related to shipping questions of the AP80?

Rather than have this thread get totally de-railed by the same questions to the point where people wanting to hear news and discuss the product leave the thread as their notifications get bombarded by the same questions time and time again?

This is very good suggestion... As a topic starter I am very upset that I would have to clean many posts in order to get rid of lots of non-informative posts...

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #1,433 of 4,614
I understand your frustration about this but as I mentioned before, we will send you the tracking number when we have updates on it. I am also asking around and pushing to get answers on my end.

To reply to you, no, we would prioritize the backers for sure first. Then ship the orders from the website.

If you guys received that email about the survey to put your informations for shipping again, whether there are missing informations or not can you please just comply and do as asked? It wouldn't hurt to double check, sometimes it can happen that you guys forget the phone number or a zip code. It would only take a few minutes and we could directly ship to you. That would be the easiest way :)

Yes I sent them the info back of course, and PM sent.

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #1,434 of 4,614

There will really be no news until people recieve their units. Hopefully the shipping questions will be answered quickly and things will start happening and impressions from members will follow.

Nothing much to discuss now, we know the specs, we know they started producing them and we know a few people in HK got them and were charged shipping.

Other than that we don’t know much, just curious- do you have one on order?

And of course you can easily turn notifications off and just check on the thread when you want to so you aren’t bombarded:wink:

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #1,438 of 4,614
There will really be no news until people recieve their units. Hopefully the shipping questions will be answered quickly and things will start happening and impressions from members will follow.

Nothing much to discuss now, we know the specs, we know they started producing them and we know a few people in HK got them and were charged shipping.

Other than that we don’t know much, just curious- do you have one on order?

And of course you can easily turn notifications off and just check on the thread when you want to so you aren’t bombarded:wink:

I have one ordered from kickstarter yep.

I understand people's lack of patience but I think its just getting a little daft now. As Ken's already said units are with an external shipping company so he just can't give the answers people want.

This is kickstarter not amazon, if people dont have their tracking numbers in a month then fair enough to start grumbling, but it's not the end of november yet or past when they said they would be shipping so it would be nice to cut them a bit of a break :wink:

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:07 AM Post #1,439 of 4,614
I have one ordered from kickstarter yep.

I understand people's lack of patience but I think its just getting a little daft now. As Ken's already said units are with an external shipping company so he just can't give the answers people want.

This is kickstarter not amazon, if people dont have their tracking numbers in a month then fair enough to start grumbling, but it's not the end of november yet or past when they said they would be shipping so it would be nice to cut them a bit of a break :wink:

Point taken, but wether or not it’s Amazon or Kickstarter they’re still a company that has sold several models and thousands of daps in the past. This isn’t even their first Kickstarter, you’d think they’d be a little more organized and be able to provide a bit more info on where things stand instead of ‘most of them are preparing for customs’.

Vague statements don’t really help either.

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #1,440 of 4,614
Not for me... right. As well as about 10 last pages of this thread...
The fact that I am already owning the unit doesn't mean that I shouldn't care about my additional investments...

You’ve got to expect that when there is nothing else to talk about :wink: I mean be my guest and start a separate thread about shipping. I think if Hidiz was a little more transparent there of course would be less questions. Surely then can communicate with the shipping company on a daily basis.

And yes the fact that you own the unit and have used it sates your anticipation of receiving the additional units, different than not caring about ‘additional investments’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back