Anything new at Grado?
Apr 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM Post #31 of 37
Haha solan, you should go into the headphone production business, with story's like that, I just suddenly feel my hands grabbing my creditcard
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:31 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
......and well made!

Indeed..would be nice to see a super quality build in Grados. Nicer headband, solid adjustments would nice also.

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:44 PM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed..would be nice to see a super quality build in Grados. Nicer headband, solid adjustments would nice also.

Yep. Part of the reason I am selling my new SR80s is because I don't want to break them and be out of $100. The cheapo headband scares the crap out of me not to mention the fact that the drivers twirl and twirl and twist the wires
confused.gif

I understand Grado is a small company and this is probably why they don't change their design to a factory made design (would leave some folks without a job I guess). But there are better designs that can be handmade. Beyerdynamic and AKGs headbands can all be handmade. Heck why can't they use the headbands on the HP series for the entire lineup? That would be a step in the right direction.

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:59 PM Post #35 of 37
yea they need a kick in the ass for R&D...not for sound...but for fit/comfort and build quality.

Apr 21, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #36 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cheapo headband scares the crap out of me not to mention the fact that the drivers twirl and twirl and twist the wires
confused.gif

I somewhat agree with this, and it's to a large degree why I never bought Grados until recently. However, the problem is easily (enough) dealt with by simply treating the headphones delicately and putting them on and taking them off without allowing the drivers to twist the cables. It's a bit of a ritual for me to take off my Grados every night, unplug them from my amp, and place them neatly in my bookcase to avoid cable twisting, but at least I'll never break them or mangle the cables.

Apr 21, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #37 of 37
They should change the plastic L/R blocks on their higher models(woodys) to metal. Id hate the idea of owning a nice wood and leather GS1000, and having the wood ear-cup just fall off in public.
How embarrassing for a $1000 statement product. They sound awesome, but just a few things would make it better quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back