anything better than ATH-M50's for the price?
Jun 15, 2010 at 11:15 AM Post #16 of 18
Isn't it great when you ask for opinions from Head-Fier's on one set of headphones and get at least 50 different opinions (don't ever do it again)!!!  Just thought I'd throw my monkey wrench into the mix. Under $50 USD; Philips SHP-910 (best rock headphones I think I've heard, but a little fragile so would not be portable, available on e-bay), you also could check out the JVC-M750 this was kind of FOTM a few months back and suppose to be very good rock cans(better portability), you could  you could buy both of these for the price of the A-T M50 (great economic sense). For options between $50-$100 USD you may check out Beyerdynamic DT-235, they are supposed to be great all-round headphones, also you could check out the Fischer Audio FA-004, kind of the FOTM headphone for under $100 at this time. I own the Denon D1001, they are also great all-round headphones and are great with all genres of music but just not the best for hard rock IMHO. If you wanted to go to the higher end of you budget about $200 you could try the Beyerdynamic DT-770 32 ohm, Beyer builds their stuff like tanks (still have a pair of DT-990's that are almost 25 yrs. old and are still in almost mint condition). Don't misunderstand me, I like A-T products, I've had a few over the years and I think they make great products but there are always opinions, use the search engine in forums to gain info. Told you, you would get 50 opinions, trust your own ears and good lucking hunting. Happy Listening.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #18 of 18
I thought the M50s handled Nightwish quite well, but I haven't heard most of the other recommendations that have been thrown out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back