Anyone using RE262 with a balanced portable amp ?
May 25, 2011 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

estreeter

Headphoneus Supremus
I'd be interested in your feedback. I dont envision going balanced, and I bought the 262s for their single-ended reputation, but it would be good to hear from someone who has actually used them in their intended configuration.

Oct 16, 2011 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 6
Looks like I'm going to have to buy the PB1, if I can work out how I'm supposed to connect the 3.5mm balanced adapter on the 262 to the Hirose connection on the iBasso. Do I buy the iBasso connector and split the wires in the HiFiMan adapter ? Apologies for my gross ignorance here, but I'm completely lost re balanced amps. 

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #5 of 6
I am using mine with Stepdance - not a real balanced output, but I do have balanced output on HM801 and I can confirm Stepdance sounds really close to a true balanced output. I can't use RE262 on HM801 balanced out as mine is the first sample batch that doesn't come with TRRS plug.

Anyway, I'll say RE262 doesn't really need to be driven by balanced amp. All it needs is a neutral and transparent amp. RE272 on the other hand does improved from balanced amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back