Anyone using Arcam irDAC & what do you think of it?
Jun 21, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #121 of 134
For those who like a very forgiving sound, and won't destroy all poor recordings. The Arcam does a great job, it has all the aspects of good sound while being very forgiving, I run it into my MG Head OTL III, and it sounds magnificent. But if you are the analytical type that like the HD800 over HD650 or the LCDX/3 over the LCD 2, then going with Mojo or Hugo, will be a much better bet. 

Jun 22, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #122 of 134
  For those who like a very forgiving sound, and won't destroy all poor recordings. The Arcam does a great job, it has all the aspects of good sound while being very forgiving, I run it into my MG Head OTL III, and it sounds magnificent. But if you are the analytical type that like the HD800 over HD650 or the LCDX/3 over the LCD 2, then going with Mojo or Hugo, will be a much better bet. 

i actually find it a little bit aggressive and the highs are a bit piercing even with a tube amp and a hd650 , but maybe i just don't like that sparkle.

Jun 25, 2016 at 6:22 AM Post #123 of 134
i actually find it a little bit aggressive and the highs are a bit piercing even with a tube amp and a hd650 , but maybe i just don't like that sparkle.

From memory, I agree with your opinion, similar equipment, tube amp and the HD600 and highs were a bit too aggressive.

Jun 28, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #124 of 134
I'd still like to know the answer to this question, if anyone has any experience.

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:13 AM Post #125 of 134
  I'd still like to know the answer to this question, if anyone has any experience.

the supply is what makes the irdac a good buy, its very well implemented and the clock is another good part. so if you ask me its pointless, if you want to spend get the mojo maybe or a ladder dac, i say that because they are both different implementations then a regular sig-del chip which ever if you change would be almost the same flavour.

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #126 of 134
I finally took the plunge and received my Burson Soloist MK2 yesterday which sounds absolutely great with my mojo and Hd 800 (modded with super dupont resonator). No shrills & highs absolutely musical sound. I intend to get the tube amp later this year to keep a balance and decided upon Woo Audio WA6 with sophia princess upgrade tube and drivers.
biggrin.gif

Sep 17, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #127 of 134
OR you just use the mojo.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #128 of 134
Sep 18, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #130 of 134
Nov 15, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #131 of 134
any's irDAC make a clicking sound between sound on and off?

Mine makes a "click" sound when I pause any music that I am playing and the USB LED turns red, then another "click" when I press play again. 

however, it doesn't do that when I mute....

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:15 AM Post #132 of 134
  any's irDAC make a clicking sound between sound on and off?

Mine makes a "click" sound when I pause any music that I am playing and the USB LED turns red, then another "click" when I press play again. 

however, it doesn't do that when I mute....

thats a relay, cutting the circuit, all normal

Jun 9, 2022 at 4:10 AM Post #133 of 134
Reading this thread is like going through a time machine. What a throwback. I never owned the irdac but I have owned two rHead in the past few years. They are mighty impressive little black boxes. Pitch black background, good dynamic swing and absolutely 0 channel imbalance. Arcam has their own house sound and back then I was a huge fan.

Jun 10, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #134 of 134
Reading this thread is like going through a time machine. What a throwback. I never owned the irdac but I have owned two rHead in the past few years. They are mighty impressive little black boxes. Pitch black background, good dynamic swing and absolutely 0 channel imbalance. Arcam has their own house sound and back then I was a huge fan.
The Ir DAC was my first marriage into Hi-Fi DACS. I owned one for 7 years. Recently sold it as of last month. Great build quality. I really liked it and it was a terrific entry into Hi-Fi. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back