1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using Arcam irDAC & what do you think of it?

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by garysan, Aug 21, 2013.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
  1. thewatcher101
    For those who like a very forgiving sound, and won't destroy all poor recordings. The Arcam does a great job, it has all the aspects of good sound while being very forgiving, I run it into my MG Head OTL III, and it sounds magnificent. But if you are the analytical type that like the HD800 over HD650 or the LCDX/3 over the LCD 2, then going with Mojo or Hugo, will be a much better bet. 

2. bharat2580

i actually find it a little bit aggressive and the highs are a bit piercing even with a tube amp and a hd650 , but maybe i just don't like that sparkle.

3. reihead

From memory, I agree with your opinion, similar equipment, tube amp and the HD600 and highs were a bit too aggressive.

4. saidentary
    I'd still like to know the answer to this question, if anyone has any experience.

5. bharat2580

the supply is what makes the irdac a good buy, its very well implemented and the clock is another good part. so if you ask me its pointless, if you want to spend get the mojo maybe or a ladder dac, i say that because they are both different implementations then a regular sig-del chip which ever if you change would be almost the same flavour.

saidentary likes this.
  6. Shetzu
    I finally took the plunge and received my Burson Soloist MK2 yesterday which sounds absolutely great with my mojo and Hd 800 (modded with super dupont resonator). No shrills & highs absolutely musical sound. I intend to get the tube amp later this year to keep a balance and decided upon Woo Audio WA6 with sophia princess upgrade tube and drivers.[​IMG] 

nephilim32 likes this.
  7. bharat2580
    OR you just use the mojo.

8. Shetzu
    Yes Correct. Hope you have been able to sell Your Burson.

9. nicoch46
    take a look at multibit revolution by schiit 

10. bharat2580

still there ,

11. eshiku
    any's irDAC make a clicking sound between sound on and off?

Mine makes a "click" sound when I pause any music that I am playing and the USB LED turns red, then another "click" when I press play again. 

however, it doesn't do that when I mute....

12. bharat2580
    thats a relay, cutting the circuit, all normal

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8