Anyone use your cans for movies?
Aug 12, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #31 of 39
I only listened to a full surround sound during a movie once (zombie land) and I hated it watching a movie in front of you and your hearing stuff behind you.  This is my first time with full-sized heaphones watching movies, I was simply amazed, before I only had some in-ear and Ipod white headphones. Not much into scary movies, not really my thing, though I do like some zombie films. I'm sure almost every movie sounds a lot better with a good audio set up whether it's headphones or speakers. Inception probably sounds really cool, almost makes me want to buy it. Has anyone used them on a TV show? Some of those HD nature shows would look and sound amazing, too bad you can't mute the narrator.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #34 of 39
Yes, I run headphones with movies regularly. The Zana is hooked up as a preamp so it's easy to switch between the HD-800 and ProAc clones.

Often, it depends on heat. :) Running the speakers means about a dozen tubes are on, so sometimes I'll go with headphones so I don't have to run A/C.

Aug 12, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #35 of 39
I do watch movies regularly with headphones. It´s interesting how much different headphones affect how you perceive a movie. Just like music.

Overall I like LCD-2 most. Excellent with voices and it gets the story told without making much fuss. I got the HD 800 and had high hopes for it and while it does soundstage well it really do little for movie enjoyment regardless of genre. A shame since it´s so light and comfortable and as mentioned surely got soundstage. It´s not really transparent on my systems either I often found things that throw me off.

For horror movies or when I want things close and personal I often go for the ED 8. Great soundstage though the width and depth is maybe a third of HD 800s. Pro 900 is an old favourite. Would still use it if it wasn´t for they having developed an inbalance :frowning2:.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #36 of 39
so dont judge but the first movie i watched with my m50's was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 and it was freaking amazing... and sound effects where so real, it felt like i was in the movie. idk but ive never experienced so much emotion ( i didnt cry!):excitement, fear, suspense, etc; from watching a movie. the second movie i watched was Ray and ofcourse that movie was amazing. amazing.

seriously opened up a whole new world of motion picture for me!!

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #37 of 39
When I am watching movies soundstage is much more important then sub bass, I wanna turn head thinking that someone entered my room hehe after all good sound is other easy overlooked part of the movie experience equally important. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back