Anyone looking for R10's??
Nov 7, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #61 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by HugoFreire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the source of those R10s
Yahoo! Japan Auctions

Lobstersan buys it from Yahoo! Japan and then sells it on Audiogon...
It's about the 10th time he is doing that. He basically grabs all pairs that comes out in the japanese used market and resells them right after.
$1-2k profit for each pair, that's a nice deal for him.

R10s used to cost $2-3k in Japan 3 years ago. $6k is a shame.

More power to him really. Whenever I bid on yahoo japan using a deputy service, I have to hold my breath every single time. Basically, you are on your own and there is no protection against fraud, so I'm extremely relief whenever I recieve my package. I won a Sony multi-channel analog preamp once and it arrived damage. I had to pay for the out pocket repair for the preamp myself b/c SMJ didn't double boxed or insured my $800 pre-amp. I wish I have a contact in Japan myself. Honestly, I almost most bid on that pair of R10 myself, but not knowing which version of the drivers they are, I decided not to do so.

Nov 7, 2008 at 4:35 PM Post #62 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I have a contact in Japan myself. Honestly, I almost most bid on that pair of R10 myself, but not knowing which version of the drivers they are, I decided not to do so.

You can count on me next time. I speak fluent japanese and will help anyone to buy stuff from Japan without charging 1 single cent.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #63 of 211
Quote:

Yahoo! Japan Auctions

It's about the 10th time he is doing that. He basically grabs all pairs that comes out in the japanese used market and resells them right after.

Thats one of the benefits of living in Japan, and knowing the Japanese language.
Its a major hassle for us dealing with Japanese sellers through a deputy service, so he is mostly out of western competition.

Nov 7, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #64 of 211
Quote:

You can count on me next time. I speak fluent japanese and will help anyone to buy stuff from Japan without charging 1 single cent.
smily_headphones1.gif

That is just awesome of you! Thanks so much in advance and on behalf of the community.

Nov 8, 2008 at 12:11 AM Post #65 of 211
Quote:

Yahoo! Japan Auctions

How much did Labstersan pay for the R 10s ? (on Yahoo)

I sent an e mail to him very nice reply. I just can't see $5900.

Nov 8, 2008 at 8:31 AM Post #66 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How much did Labstersan pay for the R 10s ? (on Yahoo)

The webpage clearly say: 481,002 yen
wink.gif

Nov 8, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #69 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
U are funny
smile.gif

Funny? Its a fact...
..and with a quick click on the link posted by 'HugoFreire' would have shown you.

Nov 8, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #70 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny? Its a fact...
..and with a quick click on the link posted by 'HugoFreire' would have shown you.

I don't think this( 現在の価格 : 481,002 円)said Yen any where!!!!!!!!

But thanks for The thoughtfull answer, and for being so helpfull.

Nov 9, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #73 of 211
Saying that any headphone is in a different league in comparison to the K1000 doesn't make much sense at all.

Just goes to show you how much of an attachment we end up having with certain cans. I am sure the R10's sound great, but I highly, highly doubt that they are technically worth 3-6x the price of the DX1000, W5000, HE60, O2's etc.

Call it what it is, a rarity. It sells for those prices because of its rarity, not because of it's technical performance.

Nov 9, 2008 at 3:40 AM Post #74 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sells for those prices because of its rarity, not because of it's technical performance.

I predict this will be a long discussion thread...

Nov 9, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #75 of 211
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call it what it is, a rarity. It sells for those prices because of its rarity, not because of it's technical performance.

I'd have to argue, even without hearing them, that this is an absolutely ignorant and absurd statement.

Do you truly honestly believe that people would fork over $5000+ for a headphone simply because it is rare? I hope you don't because they wouldn't. People are willing to pay the amount they are for this headphone solely because of its technical ability. Whether or not you feel that attaining that extra 1-10% is worth the extra thousands over the going rate of a K1000 is a personal decision, however it is silly for you to make a definitive statement like the one you have made here. You are clearly entitled to your doubt, as I must admit I have a little myself concerning their ability, however considering you also have not even heard them, how can you possibly claim to know with certainty that people are only buying these headphones because of the rarity?

I'm just curious. Do you think people buy these and just mount them on a wall like piece of art?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back