Anyone knows about those 2 great guys who making us the incredible LCD-2?
Dec 31, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #31 of 31

Quote:
Support the ortho underground!  boycott outdated driver technologies!!!
cool.gif
  Purchase a Fostex and see the light.

This reminds me so much of the 1991 Le manns 24 hour race.  Mazda has been loyal to the German invented wankel engine...developed a 4 rotor monster and obliterated every single traditional piston engined vehicle - by a massive margin - they won it that year at their first attempt........the FIA then banned wankel engines.

Mazda still produces this motor...but when only one manufacturer is producing this engine for one model how can its benefit be realised.  When every other manufacturing sticks to the piston design haw can one lone model uphold a design philosophy that proved so dominant on its debut Le mans race...the multibillion dollar conglomerates were scared....if they were allowed to keep racing and making fools of the Porsche or whatever traditional manufacturers that should win - the big boys would lose millions, forced to jump on the wankel design - which theu know nothing about and spend more millions designing and forfeiting technical excellence to a small Mazda....it was easier to ban.

When I was a little redneck teenager I was glad they banned those Japanese rice burners (as they were called in Australia)...they were crap, unreliable etc etc (yeah sure..it was a 24 hour race).  As an experienced adult that no longer suffers insecurity about his manhood...I think back and realise few people are "neutral" and fair.  Mazda had every right to race its German invention, no rules were broken, banning them for winning was seriously a whimp out by TPTB.

This has a slight relevance to why ortho is being hindered.  No one wants to incur extra R&D in expenses and retooling.  Want more treble or air than the LCD2s already provide....no worries, the HE6 (I will buy this) is there to take care of that niche.

From my experiences so far, purchasing the LCD2s and now two Fostexens....Magnetic Planar is clearly superior to conventional dynamics.

SP Wild
Understand your rantings.
I have ordered the LCD-2 and simply impatient with the wait. I hope them Audize and their elves are toiling thru new year to get our cans ready..It is getting a tad difficult. Then I need to tell the wife that 2 months after buying the HD650, something 3 times more expensive is my new year present.....
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back