Anyone know who makes Beats MIXR headphones? Monster or Dr. Dre?
Jul 6, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #31 of 43
I've researching and I can't believe how good the fakes are. There are just a couple of small differences between the genuine and counterfeit. I'm wondering if I should do a "genuine" unboxing? There are so many unboxing videos on YouTube, but some are fake MIXR but the buyer did not know or disclosed in the video.

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that since launch the Beats headphones very quickly eclipsed the ESW9 and V900 as the most faked headphones in the history of the world. And the fakes are really quite well done (as fakes go) at getting the looks right, because most of them are hawked through craigslist, out of people's cars, and so on - it's just disgusting how obsessed people are with these things, and how they just stop thinking when it comes to buying them. Monster was maintaining a list of all of the known fake distributors online, I think they gave up - the final list I saw was like 10 pages. :eek:

I say, if you can do an unboxing and do it justice, go for it. But don't be surprised when some kid wants to bite your face off and insist his new toy that he got for $20 out of the back of some guy's Honda is legit. :confused_face:

Jul 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #32 of 43
From my research, there are a couple of tell tail signs of a fake. I can mention those in the video. I can also call my Monster contact to ensure what I have is genuine. I will be inspecting mine with a fine tooth comb to ensure Amazon didn't get switched. BTW, Amazon is the seller of mine, not a third party through Amazon and they are an authorized reseller.

Jul 7, 2012 at 12:38 AM Post #33 of 43
From my research, there are a couple of tell tail signs of a fake. I can mention those in the video. I can also call my Monster contact to ensure what I have is genuine. I will be inspecting mine with a fine tooth comb to ensure Amazon didn't get switched. BTW, Amazon is the seller of mine, not a third party through Amazon and they are an authorized reseller.

Sounds good; would also be neat if you included in the video (if you are allowed) that these were verified by Monster as legitimate. As far as authorized retailers go, I think Amazon is one of about a half-dozen actual ARs for the Beats headphones.

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #34 of 43
minding also getting a fake pair and compare the differences? because if the fake sounds exactly like the real one and everything is about identical, why will i buy a real one? right?

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #35 of 43
minding also getting a fake pair and compare the differences? because if the fake sounds exactly like the real one and everything is about identical, why will i buy a real one? right?

GoldenEars did this with the Studios and the results were in favor of the legitimate pair; this is also the case for most other fake/real comparisons.

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #36 of 43
Quote:
GoldenEars did this with the Studios and the results were in favor of the legitimate pair; this is also the case for most other fake/real comparisons.

ok thanks, because i have seen numerous videos on youtube saying they sound very similar if not the same and there are others that say there are huge differences

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #37 of 43
I wouldn't support the counterfeit market by buying them.  I will do my best to show all the information I've gathered and present what the genuine MIXR should be packaged and look.

Look what I found on the NEW Solo HD.

http://beats.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/11/1340578278/redirect/1/filename/Beats%20Solo%20HD.pdf

Jul 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #40 of 43
I just wanted to add on the serial # verification, I think the Beats/Monster site has an applet that lets you plug in the SN to check and register the cans. Watching the video now. :)

Good video man, as always. :D

One question on them: do they swivel forwards/back, or just up/down? (in other words, you know how Grado cans can go "360*" on their rods - can these move in that direction? your video makes it look like they can't, or maybe I'm not observant enough).

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #41 of 43
The cups don't flip for one ear monitoring like all other high-end Dj headphones. I will use the MIXR for a few hours behind my old Technics SL-1200 decks to see how it does for real djing. Time to dust off my beat matching skills. :D

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #42 of 43
The cups don't flip for one ear monitoring like all other high-end Dj headphones. I will use the MIXR for a few hours behind my old Technics SL-1200 decks to see how it does for real djing. Time to dust off my beat matching skills. :D

No I didn't mean like the Beats Pro "one ear" thing, but more like the "fold flat" motion (but not folding all the way flat) that you can get with a Grado or Sennheiser HD 600, like the "swivel" on the SA5000. Or do they rely on the headband re-shaping/flexing to accommodate that motion? (like the MDR-F1).

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #43 of 43
Please delete this admins, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back