Anyone know who makes Beats MIXR headphones? Monster or Dr. Dre?
Jul 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #16 of 43
for me it was etymotic hf5 and then ultimate ears trifi10 (which didnt get much listening time because of the fit), i mostly used the hf5 but now im ditching iems at a whole and im only using over ears headphones now

Aha, I went the other way around. Started with headphones (xb500 to B&W P5 to Beyer T5p) but I find it very inconvenient in some cases to have full sized on the go and I prefer the sound signature of the se535 over the t5p =/ Not that the T5p is bad, just that I don't enjoy the signature as much.

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #17 of 43
I didn't really like the hf5. The wind noise it makes spoils the sound.

Back to the MIXR. I got a quick listen to them today at Best Buy. It sounded ok, but it wasn't $249 + tax ok. If it was $150, I'd get it just because it looks good and the features it has.

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:
I didn't really like the hf5. The wind noise it makes spoils the sound.
Back to the MIXR. I got a quick listen to them today at Best Buy. It sounded ok, but it wasn't $249 + tax ok. If it was $150, I'd get it just because it looks good and the features it has.

for the hf5, what wind noise?
back to the mixr, what feature does it have? and how does it compare with other beats model? lets say studio which i dont have but im probably the most familiar with it out of all the beats models

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #19 of 43
I quickly compared the MIXR to the Solo at Best Buy.  The MIXR sounds better.  Solo sounded muffled.  The only music choice I had was the demo stuff it was connected to.  Since BB has a generous return policy, I may get the MIXR to try just to see how good or bad it is.  Stay tuned.

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #20 of 43
Since I own a few entry level to mid grade headphones, it would e interesting to see where the MIXR stands.

Video I found with David talking about the MIXR.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2maSriVDq8c&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/VIDEO]

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #21 of 43
Tyll, didn't like the Solo but thought the Studio was ok at best. I hated the Studio and Solo when I auditioned it. The MIXR has a different sound signature from my very short audition at the store the other day. That short impression was what got me interested besides the good looks. I'm trying to get a discount on these so it may be a week or so before I can get it. If my Monster contact doesn't come through, I'll order it from Amazon at full retail price. :frowning2:

I will give my unbiased honest opinion on the sound, features & value. I'll put them against some leasor priced and higher priced cans too.

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #22 of 43
Tyll, didn't like the Solo but thought the Studio was ok at best. I hated the Studio and Solo when I auditioned it. The MIXR has a different sound signature from my very short audition at the store the other day. That short impression was what got me interested besides the good looks. I'm trying to get a discount on these so it may be a week or so before I can get it. If my Monster contact doesn't come through, I'll order it from Amazon at full retail price. :frowning2:
I will give my unbiased honest opinion on the sound, features & value. I'll put them against some leasor priced and higher priced cans too.

Hey, it'll at least be interesting! :)

Out of curiosity - have you tried the Beats Pro?

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:
Hey, it'll at least be interesting!
smily_headphones1.gif

Out of curiosity - have you tried the Beats Pro?

that will be an interesting comparison because the beats pro is supposed to be the flagship and mixr looks like a miniature of the beats pro

Jul 5, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #27 of 43
Nice, I've heard some say that they are better than the ATH-M50 and others say their garbage. Interested on your opinions when you receive them.

I'll compare the MIXR to the M50, Pro700, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Sony DJ700, and a few others. I will give my unbiased opinion.

From my brief experience comparing the Beats line, MIXR is best of the bunch IMO.

Now that Monster isn't making the headphones, future Beats may not be a well made or may be better. Only time will tell.

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #29 of 43
today i saw a guy with the mixr walking around, so yes, people do use mixr lol, maybe not as much as the studios or other models though

So you're the first person I've ever known of to mention ever seeing someone use those headphones. :p

Really I didn't know they existed until I saw them in a CG render on some advert, and I went "ooooh" like I suspect HiFiGuy did as well, but couldn't find any more.

+1 on looking fwds to impressions.

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #30 of 43
I've researching and I can't believe how good the fakes are. There are just a couple of small differences between the genuine and counterfeit. I'm wondering if I should do a "genuine" unboxing? There are so many unboxing videos on YouTube, but some are fake MIXR but the buyer did not know or disclosed in the video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back