Anyone heard the new Jays 5-armature universal IEMs?
Apr 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

desirephone

Aka: nnkuma/nnkuma1/gogators
Aka: socialscene/faithmore/leixingzhe
Flipping products from eBay
It seems Jays will have their new flagship universal IEMs equipped with 5 armature drivers at each side, the new high for universal IEMs.

Pictures were taken from a chinese headphone website.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 36
Guess they're not from Jays. I also doubt that they actually have 5 BAs per ear, but hey you never know. I'm starting to wonder if we will ever see the Jays flagship..

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #4 of 36
According to this source (I believe run by ClieOS), these are not actually a JAYS product.

As I quote what Mr. Peter Cedmer (JAYS product manager, his handle is 'PetCed' in HF) replied me on my inquiry about this IEM - "Nope that's not coming from jays."

I also posted on that erji.net thread when I first saw it. Apparently the Taobao seller told one of the buyer that it is a kind of gift product JAYS developed to give it free to musician and such. Story salesman will give to make for a sale :rolleyes:

Apr 17, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #6 of 36
Thanks a lot for the story. The huge, smooth pebble shaped barrel is very sexy, I hope they can come to production for a reasonable price some time.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #7 of 36
Well the review on erji.net said these were amazing and rocked in the details department
So I hope which ever company they're coming out of will release them soon!

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #13 of 36

Quote:
I am pretty sure the more drivers the better sound!

Quote:
The best customs have 6 drivers per side.

Now, that's a totally a wrong conception. Custom IEMs with 3 drivers like the UERM and Fitear 333 have only 3 drivers, are known to be on par (better sometimes) than the 6-8 driver customs. Also, universal IEMs like the PFE232 with 2 drivers are known to be on par with triple on quad based balanced armature IEMs. The FI-BA-SS has only 1 balanced armature, but it's one of the best universals I have heard to date. So, just to say that more driver does not = better sound. It's the tuning that counts, really. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #14 of 36
i agree 3 drivers are plenty. 6-8 could be a overkill or a gimmick to make people believe ''bigger is better'' or ''more is better''.

i also agree tuning is key to a great sounding iem. not more drivers.

Apr 22, 2012 at 8:39 AM Post #15 of 36
Snooping around before somebody did compare the single armature FAD FI BA-SS to the JH16 but costing $1400 at Jaben in Australia I think I'd stick to the cheaper and proven quality of the 6/8 drivered JH13/JH16/Miracle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back