Anyone familiar with Degauss Labs?
Jun 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #16 of 87

Probably not. Those are more for headset / voice application and generally suck for music, not to mention they are too big (that case only fit dynamic driver up to 1cm). The only BA that is rounded and small enough to fit in those casing should be Siren, but the bass driver in the youtube video looks bigger than a Siren. It would be very interesting to know how they manage to stack two BA in an inline configuration.,

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #17 of 87
I think the video was cool and probably took a while to make. It was pretty creative and enjoyable enough for a video about earphones.

Probably not. Those are more for headset / voice application and generally suck for music, not to mention they are too big (that case only fit dynamic driver up to 1cm). The only BA that is rounded and small enough to fit in those casing should be Siren, but the bass driver in the youtube video looks bigger than a Siren. It would be very interesting to know how they manage to stack two BA in an inline configuration.,

The way they are positioned is not normal for dual BAs right, but it does still use the usual highs and lows drivers. It is actually quite similar to how how the sonocore dual dynamic drivers are set up.

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #20 of 87
Quote:
So my question is:
Should I buy them?

As I wrote I'm on a really tight budget.

Yeh were is an online retailer?
Also you gan give them a go an bet the first know owner. They could be awesome and blow your mind and you happy. You could get them and they re not so good and your disappointed. Or you could get something known to be good in the price range and be happy.

BUT the risk could pay off!

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #22 of 87
I now have listened to them.
Fantastic soundstage with the instruments separated nicely.
But I have a huge problem with them:
When "S" is sung they sound kinda distorted.

The treble is otherwise quite nice.

I think I will pass on these.
I have plenty of time making up my mind unti the discount offer is over.

Tomorrow that is. 
wink_face.gif

Jun 20, 2012 at 8:40 AM Post #23 of 87
Quote:
I now have listened to them.
Fantastic soundstage with the instruments separated nicely.
But I have a huge problem with them:
When "S" is sung they sound kinda distorted.

The treble is otherwise quite nice.

I think I will pass on these.
I have plenty of time making up my mind unti the discount offer is over.

Tomorrow that is. 
wink_face.gif

Were did you get to listen to them? and what you have on the S is sibilance. Quite common when there is a peak in the treble.

Oh good luck on your decision :p

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #25 of 87
The way they are positioned is not normal for dual BAs right, but it does still use the usual highs and lows drivers. It is actually quite similar to how how the sonocore dual dynamic drivers are set up.

Definitely not usual as I have never see two BA arranged in an in-line configuration. I would expect dual dynamic or hybrid to have such configuration.

So my question is:

Should I buy them?

As I wrote I'm on a really tight budget.

How much is it?

Jun 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #28 of 87
Quote:
I listened to them at a hifi shop in the centre of Stockholm.

Okay. Your in Sweeden then so these are a more 'local' company. What else can you try in the shop for your budget as it will help you make up your mind.
Quote:
Definitely not usual as I have never see two BA arranged in an in-line configuration. I would expect dual dynamic or hybrid to have such configuration.
How much is it?

Thats what i thought. Yeh it is how they are normally set up (hybrid and dual dynamic, seeing as i have pairs of both). This interesting and unique then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back