Anyone familiar with Degauss Labs?
Feb 22, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #76 of 87
There has been a new model of the swedish brand for some time now! This is called "Twelve Drivers" and has per side 6 BA installed, so no hybrid as currently in the four-digit € or dollar range ....
The price seems interesting. (299€/$)
Unfortunately Degauss Labs has published no technical data for this IEM on their homepage , a great pity.
Optically very interesting to my taste.

More Infos:
https://degausslabs.com/earphones/twelve-drivers

Mar 25, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #79 of 87
I had the Howl and Noir and other cheaper models (free gift) from Degauss Labs.
All of them were more or less crap sonically and I returned as fast as I could.
Overly boosted bass, dark and muddy rest if I remember correctly. Really no joy for my ears or audiophiles'!

However, I also read the German Hifi forum comments and it seems the Twelve Drivers offers a better sound than the former top models by this company.

Caution with Inearkopfhoerer-test.de ratings. They rated the Howl and the Noir very high. I asked them once how they could do this. Do not remember whether they had answered me. But, honestly I do not trust their reviews much. Or they are fans of bloomy fun signatures and rate according to this style.

As a former customer of Degauss I got a high discount on the Twelve Drivers. I cannot remember why, but I got weak and so I ordered one just out of oddity and expect them to arrive by end of this week, latest. (Really do not know why I did this, because I promised myself to never order again a Degauss Labs)
I can report later how they sound for my ears.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #80 of 87
I'm thinking too. I also got this discount. Some have come with 3 of their older models as a gift. Sound probably not for us here, but as a gift ...
Let's see what your opinion about the 12 Driver will be. So far, there are only votes from Germany to this In Ear.

Mar 27, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #81 of 87
The Twelve Drivers arrived today. Very early first impressions of only appr. 30min listening time ootb with my S9:
- slightly v shaped
- very dry bass, good resolving and still present and not too thin mids, thin and peaky highs. Somehow overall dry presentation

- good imaging and soundstage
- not 100% neutral nor natural. A bit bloomy instead. But not too bad

- I could improve the bads quite a bit by using peaks-taming foam tips AND the EQ of my S9 like this
Screenshot_20190327-181714_SoundAlive.jpg
Considering the foam tips and the EQ it is for me at least worth to give it a chance the next days

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #82 of 87
Was listening all the evening to the 12 Drivers and in between I thought they could even beat my Rose Mini6pro.
The highs aren't really thin, the better term is bright to describe them.
The bass is punchy and goes deep when called for. The mids are bright natural. The overall tonality I would describe as neutral bright and somehow voices appear even [EDIT] direction natural, now as they are cleaner and clearer as compared to the Mini6pro.
I switched in between several times to the Mini6pro which has in comparison the darker bolder tonality but doesn't have it in absolute terms because I think it features a neutral or maybe neutral dark tonality. (I use it also EQed by taming the 8KHz by 4dB due to occasionally sibilance in this area)
Both have their strengths and I really think it comes down to preferences which wins for one personally.
I didn't expect this and Degauss Labs improved the image I have had of them with the Twelve Drivers which I think is worth the price I paid for it.

So, will I keep it? No, but this is because I catched an used InEar Prophile last evening at last.
All of my other IEMs are out therefore.

If someone is interested, I sell the Twelve Drivers for half of the retail price and the package includes 3 more brand new unopened phones by Degauss Labs. Just PM me. If I don't find one buyer I will return it to Degauss Labs which means 14€ shipping costs for me.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #84 of 87
One more all evening listening session later with slightly different adjustments on the EQ I am close to not willing to return or sell the Twelve Drivers.
The detail level and stage perception are one of the best I have ever experienced so far with any IEM.
The Prophile will arrive hopefully today.
So I am curious how the Twelve Drivers holds up against the P8.

Mar 29, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #86 of 87
The Prophile is of course the matured IEM of the two.
Take the next with the knowledge that I still like the EQed Degauss sound but the the P8 is in a different league.
No need to EQ a single frequency on the P8.
The P8 has the bolder and more natural note body.
In the end of Coldplays Clocks the complex passage is mastered with the P8 very well. Each instrument in the mix is clearly perceived and has the right tonality. The Degauss is able to do separate good, but some lines are mashed a bit together, so it's not on the level of the P8 and it's brighter in tonality and not as natural.

Still I would rate the Degauss as at least a good purchase - considering that you have to EQ it - and it's worth the 135€ I paid for it. Especially the soundstage and instrument placement are good. It's clean and clear. Comfortable and lightweight and can be used for sleeping in bed.

Mar 1, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #87 of 87
H.ello Demo-to
late feedback from me.
Due to the strange measurement last year, I refrained from doing so.
now i saw another measurement without bass drop. I assume it is an uncompensated measurement?
Review & Measure
how would you rate the resolution? is this reasonable at the original price? are there strong sibilants?
it shouldn't be when you look at the measurement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back