Anyone else absolutely hate cell phones?
Feb 7, 2009 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 54
I waffle between love and hate with them. I love them only for when I get a job (my cell is my business). I love them when my family needs to get in touch in a hurry. I love them if I break down on the side of the road. All the other times I hate them.

Feb 7, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #19 of 54
I hate them so much that I take a wide path around people who are using them.

Feb 7, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #21 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Its not the cell phone that annoys me, its people who use them without any consideration for others around them that annoys me.

snip

Yep. That's the truth.

Cellphone jerks.

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #22 of 54
What annoys me about cell phones are ignorant people who think it is ok to talk at the top of their voice in public on a cell phone. I almost got into a fight once because of some dick head talking on his cell phone at the movie house. I don't like cell phones and do not own one. I have an electronic telemarketing blocker on my phone and an answering machine and only answer to people whom I recognize trying to leave a message.

I do see them as very useful in emergency situations but at the rates they charge they can forget it.

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #23 of 54
I'm not always home during reasonable calling hours to depend solely upon a land line. Oh wait, I ditched the land line and save the money. Cell phones? Love them.

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #24 of 54
I sincerely despise the fact that now that I have a cellphone, I am in 24/7 contact with anyone who feels the remotest need to call me at 3:00 AM and see what's happening. I usually avoid using the thing with a passion and actively try to ignore it as much as possible.

That being said, I work out in the oil field and as such, a cellphone is the easiest way for me to contact work and family and vice versa when I am out there. It's a PITA, but something of a necessity as well.

I'm also really starting to hate the fact that now that cellphone are becoming more common, so too is answering a call to find a wrong number dialed!

Feb 7, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #26 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On first impulse, I despise them for turning this generation (I'm 19) into emotionally-detached texters with screwed up priorities, but on second thought, it's also shows that self-control and self-judgment are getting out of hand (is that a pun?).
mad.gif

its not limited to our generation...

if u look at middle age guys with blackberry..they cant resist the moment they see the red led blinking (it means u got a mail)

infact..they are much badly addicted

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #28 of 54
I wouldn't go as far saying I hate them but I don't like them, no. I think it is more the cellular market. Salesmen are lame and the new phones seem to last only a year or so.
I do have one though for convenience and that friends can call me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #29 of 54
Love them. Can't live without 24/7 twitter, weather, last.fm, email, websites, gps, maps, head-fi. My mobile keeps me connected. Taking away my E51 from me is like taking away all your sources and amps and headphones. I'll probably just shrivelled up and die...

Obviously I hate irresponsible people with mobiles who do not know what is 'silent'.

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #30 of 54
I don't mind cellphones. As I don't have a landline, I especially depend on my Nokia 1100 which has over a weeks battery life and one of the most popular phones ever sold. It is especially popular in developing countries. In fact according to Wikipedia it is both the most popular cell phone ever made and the most popular electronic device ever made. Over a 200 million have been sold. One can only imagine what the cellphone means to the economies of developing countries.

Nokia 1100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

0,1425,i=130725,00.jpg

No offence NSX 23 and fordgtlover, but what I really hate are cars. In my view they are an imposition and certainly not a right. I choose not to drive as far as possible, for the same reason i choose not carry a lethal weapon. I'll be happy when they go the way of the dinosaur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back