Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Sep 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #226 of 828
I remember a few of the names in this thread...

I've been around through the years, but other things have taken my time for the most part so there hasn't been much posting. Never lost my interest in good reproduction of good music though, and IEMs are something I just can't get enough of it seems. So I'll probably stick around for another eleven years to see what happens.

Oct 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #228 of 828
I'm a new member, but I'm still an old fart (56 years old)!!

Oct 30, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #229 of 828
Quote:
I am still here most of the time, but don't post that much any more beside defending my love for Sony walkman Z & A and from time to time in the Summit forum.

@ Lextex and Bangraman,

I miss JMT and Tangen too.  JMT built my first CMOY for my Senn HD580 following by a portable Meta42 built by Tagent.  I remember back then that the stuffs in the sell forum went fast and everyone was eyeing the Etymotic ER-4S.  The HR Cosmic was a stuff of legend until maxed out Meta42 came along

Over 10 years for me now, it's hard to believe it's been that long.

My first amp was a JMT built CMoy as well. Back in the day I also owned a Meta42 which was Justin Wilson from HeadAmp's first DIY amp. I bought that one from Williamgoody before he ripped a bunch of people off, when he was still an upstanding member of the community.

I miss a lot of the old timers, people like JMT, highwaystar, FCJ, ayt999, grinch, and even kelly for keeping everyone on their toes.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:46 PM Post #230 of 828
Almost 9 years.

Just remembered my password a few days ago and decided to log in.

Kinda sad Jahn doesn't post anymore. I remember back in the day he was everywhere.

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #231 of 828
Quote:

Over 10 years for me now, it's hard to believe it's been that long.

My first amp was a JMT built CMoy as well. Back in the day I also owned a Meta42 which was Justin Wilson from HeadAmp's first DIY amp. I bought that one from Williamgoody before he ripped a bunch of people off, when he was still an upstanding member of the community.

I miss a lot of the old timers, people like JMT, highwaystar, FCJ, ayt999, grinch, and even kelly for keeping everyone on their toes.

Wonder what Alex is doing these days.  What an outstanding fellow.  He helped me with the purchase of the the L3000.

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #232 of 828
Almost 9 years.

Just remembered my password a few days ago and decided to log in.

Kinda sad Jahn doesn't post anymore. I remember back in the day he was everywhere.

Jahn and I have migrated over to thegearpage.net. Similar vibe as head-fi of the olden days, but for guitar-gear obsessives. I'm back just because my wife needs some new earphones.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #236 of 828
wow, I wonder what ever happened to ken/highwaystar, really nice guy.  

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #237 of 828
I've been up to other things for the past few years, but still drop in from time to time just to look around.  It's great to see some old familiar names still here, and hard to believe it was so long ago the site first opened with 100 or so members.  I've still got my old JMT Penguin as well.  There were a lot of laughs and a lot of anger at times, and Head-fi's definitely changed considerably since those early days, but all in all I think it's turned out pretty good.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #238 of 828
Quote:
Random memory: I remember when your avatar was of an mp3 player displaying your username. I don't remember if it was an iRiver player or something else.

Haha....great memory!!  It was my precious Sharp MD-SS323 displaying my usename.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #239 of 828
I've been listening to a speaker rig at home and CIEMS at the office, so stopped in to sell a pair of HF-2s I was not using enough. Started browsing the Stax area and before I knew it, pulled the trigger on a pair of SR-407s. They're pretty amazing even through a SRM-252 amp.  Some things never change; the lure of headphones and the dastardly nature of this forum seems to be at the top of the list.

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #240 of 828
Quote:
I've been listening to a speaker rig at home and CIEMS at the office, so stopped in to sell a pair of HF-2s I was not using enough. Started browsing the Stax area and before I knew it, pulled the trigger on a pair of SR-407s. They're pretty amazing even through a SRM-252 amp.  Some things never change; the lure of headphones and the dastardly nature of this forum seems to be at the top of the list.

Those Stats are great aren't they.  Now ......you may want to pick up the SRM-323S to go along with it.  

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back