1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?

First

Back
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
  1. go_vtec Contributor
    After seeing this post, I had to log back on to say”HI.” I don’t actively post like I used to but still around!

jude likes this.
  2. Oregonian
    I'm only here for 6.5 years but feel like an old fart....................60+ headphones owned or auditioned and loving the audio life. Like both my headphones (HE-6SE primarily, Pioneer SE Master 1, Denon LA7000 which I bought 6 years ago and still adore!, LCD-2C all out of vintage amps. Pioneer vintage amps my first love and they drive all these headphones like a champ...............as well as driving my Cerwin Vega DX-5 speakers. I guess I'm an old fart (58 years old) with a love for old stuff.

jude likes this.
  3. Redcarmoose
    I started listening to headphones in the mid 1970s. Sennheiser and Koss was put on my head and my eyes got big. Had a set of nice Koss headphones in the early 1980s.....but didn’t really consider headphones audiophile? Had the Sony V6 and then around the mid 1990s purchased the Sony MDR-CD-870 Headphones. Still reading audiophile magazines in the 1990s I saw expensive Grado headphones. I thought wow, those are expensive; they must sound good.

It was a funny thing walking into that audiophile shop in 1995 to buy the Grado headphones. They didn’t have any headphones but pushed me into this room to hear a multichannel Steely Dan SACD? It all made me miss my tube amp and Sony 870s? Fast Forward till I saw AKG-701s in a Guitar Center? I went on-line in 2006 and saw Tyll Hertsens with a pair of k701s on smiling? Here was these people at a show or meet, and they were really into headphones? What is this place, who are these people? Wow... they really are into headphones? I had used headphones regularly since 1982, but I guess I wasn’t aware of how far I could go?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020 at 1:56 AM
    JTori, Joe Bloggs and jude like this.
First

Back
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39