Any love for the Activo CT10?
Jan 16, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #123 of 609
The ACTIVO CT10 is a full decoder and can do a full unfold. Resolution will be displayed when playing back MQA tracks in internal or external memory, but when playing Tidal Masters, only "Master" will be displayed when playing back Tidal MQA tracks.
Just received my activo today, and loving the sound on tidal masters. Wondering if the activo can be used as an external Dac on my MacBook Air with Tidal to play master tracks through my amp/receiver. If so, how would the connections be made? Thanks.

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #125 of 609
I got a CT10, but What is the Pandora app used for this thing? I was able to get the amazon music and the TuneIn one properly, but I can't see an official Pandora one, and I don't know which is the right one to download.

Jan 20, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #126 of 609
I got a CT10, but What is the Pandora app used for this thing? I was able to get the amazon music and the TuneIn one properly, but I can't see an official Pandora one, and I don't know which is the right one to download.
I had the same question! A+K responded by saying to backup the Pandora app on my Android phone, then e-mail the APK file to myself, then transfer the APK file to my Activo. It worked!

Jan 24, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #129 of 609
I've gone a bit craxzy with portables in the last two weeks and bought a Pioneer XDP-300R and a Sony NW-ZX300. And the little CT10 is still the only one that can stream Tidal MQA tracks. For low impedance headphones, the CT10 is a damn winner.

Hey, I have suffered the dreaded 3.5 jack fail with the Pioneet xdp300r so am scouting for a replacement. Just wondered what your thoughts were on build quality between the two (and any others you’ve tested around the same price range)? I don’t mind plastic but really don’t want something that breaks just through careful day to day usage. Also, is the sq and battery life comparable with the Pioneer? Any thoughts gratefully received!

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #130 of 609
Hey, I have suffered the dreaded 3.5 jack fail with the Pioneet xdp300r so am scouting for a replacement. Just wondered what your thoughts were on build quality between the two (and any others you’ve tested around the same price range)? I don’t mind plastic but really don’t want something that breaks just through careful day to day usage. Also, is the sq and battery life comparable with the Pioneer? Any thoughts gratefully received!
Can’t really comment on the Pioneer except that I’m afraid to even use it for fear of the headphone jacks snapping off...the CT10 is made of plastic and it’s lretty light, but at least I’m not afraid to takenitnoutnof my house. I think it’s pretty well made and I don’t have to worry about it at least.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #131 of 609
SQ wise I think it’s soujds perfectly good. Battery is about like Pioneer, which is to say it’s not the greatest.

Pick up a Sony ZX300. It’s built like a tank and the battery lasts for days even using balanced out. I love my ZX300 but it’s also double the price of the CT10.

Jan 24, 2019 at 7:31 AM Post #132 of 609
Thanks for these! You are right to be afraid of the Pioneer. It’s ridiculous. I knew it was a problem, was ultra (ish) careful and it still failed.

The Sony looks great but I think it’s a bit out of my price range at the moment unfortunately. I’m tossing up between the CT10 and the Fiio M9 now, as affordable but reasonable options. Fiio tend to have good build quality, although my previous one only had moderately good sq...

Jan 24, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #133 of 609
Thanks for these! You are right to be afraid of the Pioneer. It’s ridiculous. I knew it was a problem, was ultra (ish) careful and it still failed.

The Sony looks great but I think it’s a bit out of my price range at the moment unfortunately. I’m tossing up between the CT10 and the Fiio M9 now, as affordable but reasonable options. Fiio tend to have good build quality, although my previous one only had moderately good sq...

CT10 over FiiO. More sonic substance. The FiiO packs a great feature set but doesn't sound as great in my opinion. It's like the Onkyo Home Cinema receivers of the portable player world.

Jan 24, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #135 of 609
Please note. Anyone in the UK looking to purchase the CT10, the CT10 is not officially available in the UK through any dealer, therefore this would be considered an unauthorized seller and per warranty terms, your warranty would be void.
Since the CT10 is officially now going to be available in the UK and select EU countries, please note that CT10s sold in the UK/EU are authorized and will be fully covered under normal warranty terms.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back