Any interest in a Cincinnati, Ohio meet?
Oct 5, 2004 at 3:07 AM Post #62 of 99
I am trying to talk my wife into skipping a fall festival we were going to. I am making progress but I am not 100% certain I will be there. If I come I will have an sacdmods source/ mit#2 cables / one of my singlepower amps/ some power cables and ps audio ultimate outlets/ senn 650 with Bayley Audio diamondback cable/ maybe the grado sr-225's too.

Oct 5, 2004 at 3:13 AM Post #64 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
I am trying to talk my wife into skipping a fall festival we were going to. I am making progress but I am not 100% certain I will be there. If I come I will have an sacdmods source/ mit#2 cables / one of my singlepower amps/ some power cables and ps audio ultimate outlets/ senn 650 with Bayley Audio diamondback cable/ maybe the grado sr-225's too.

that would be great if you manage. if not, enjoy the fall festival! oh, if anyone has a Xin SuperMini and/or ER-4P/S, i'd really appreciate if you would bring them.

Oct 5, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #65 of 99
here is CCM's official driving directions. i am going to post signs up around CCM to help guide people to the conference room, as well as figure out the best way to get to the room from both sides of CCM (the side that points towards the rest of campus and the side clifton) and post that here.

if nobody objects, i'm going to ask an emedia instructor i'm friends with to tell his students that are in to audio about this meet. the more the merrier, right? with the emdia kids there, my guess will be lots of Sony 7605's for everyone to listen to, as those are the preferred studio phones at CCM.

one more thing. if anyone has anything in mind in terms of scheduling for the meet, feel free to pass them on to me. i was approaching this as an informal get together, but i'm open to other ideas. thanks!

Oct 5, 2004 at 9:55 AM Post #66 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
that would be great if you manage. if not, enjoy the fall festival! oh, if anyone has a Xin SuperMini and/or ER-4P/S, i'd really appreciate if you would bring them.

LOL, forgot to mention, I always bring them when I'm flying, so I'll have my ER-4S as well.

But you guys will have to share earwax, as I'll only have one extra pair for everyone to use.

-Ed

Oct 5, 2004 at 9:59 AM Post #67 of 99
Quote:

here

one more thing. if anyone has anything in mind in terms of scheduling for the meet, feel free to pass them on to me. i was approaching this as an informal get together, but i'm open to other ideas. thanks!

Well, two things:

1. Get all tube and electrostatic equipment plugged in ASAP. They take a long time to warm up. Along with anything Class A.

2. Food. A snack list would be good. (Wash your hands after eating before using your greasy paws). Also, lunch to be delivered, or make a lunch run? I just saw Harold and Kumar Go to White Castles, so sliders it will be, unless Skyline's is in order. Heheh, I'm going to gorge myself with Cincy food.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 5, 2004 at 6:23 PM Post #68 of 99
there is a skyline fairly close to campus, but if you want white castle you'll have to go without me. that stuff gives me digestive distress for days. about the etys, i have 4 pairs of triflanges. i figure that a bottle of hydrogen peroxide or alcohol should be sufficient to sanitize them for everyone to try.

Oct 5, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #69 of 99
direction wise, i've looked around, and i think the absolute least confusing way to get everyone to CCM would be for everyone to park in the garage. there are three elevators going from the garage to the third floor where the conference room is, and i'll post instructions both in the elevators and on the walls leading to the room. for the more adventurous, or for people somewhat familiar with UC's layout i wan PM you walking directions from off campus, but i really think it will be a mistake unless you really know where everything is. between the construction and the bizarre layout, UC can be a pain to get around even if you've been there forever, like i have.

Oct 5, 2004 at 8:53 PM Post #70 of 99
Quote:

there is a skyline fairly close to campus, but if you want white castle you'll have to go without me. that stuff gives me digestive distress for days. about the etys, i have 4 pairs of triflanges. i figure that a bottle of hydrogen peroxide or alcohol should be sufficient to sanitize them for everyone to try.

I am all too familiar with the Skyline on Ludlow.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 5, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #71 of 99
Quote:

direction wise, i've looked around, and i think the absolute least confusing way to get everyone to CCM would be for everyone to park in the garage. there are three elevators going from the garage to the third floor where the conference room is, and i'll post instructions both in the elevators and on the walls leading to the room. for the more adventurous, or for people somewhat familiar with UC's layout i wan PM you walking directions from off campus, but i really think it will be a mistake unless you really know where everything is. between the construction and the bizarre layout, UC can be a pain to get around even if you've been there forever, like i have.

What street do you enter campus from to get to the CCM garage? I am familiar with the campus, but most of us will be lugging equipment, so it's best not to have to walk very far.

Directions to the CCM garage and to the conference room is much appreciated.

-Ed

Oct 5, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #72 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
What street do you enter campus from to get to the CCM garage? I am familiar with the campus, but most of us will be lugging equipment, so it's best not to have to walk very far.

Directions to the CCM garage and to the conference room is much appreciated.

-Ed

the link i posted above from CCM's site shows directions from several areas around cincinnati. basically, turn onto corry blvd off of jefferson and drive stright. you go directly into the garage.

Oct 6, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #74 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
C'mon. Rationalize it! We all do it when we buy stuff.

You can do it!
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Oh the temptation!!! I would be all over it and be at the meeting if I didn't have to close the deal on something by next couple of weeks. Let's just say it costs more than two brand new Ferraris and my wife would kill me if I mess that up
frown.gif
(In headfi sense, that is roughly 100 pairs of used R-10 AND 100 pairs of Qualia 010). At least I have about 25% of chance of closing the deal by this Saturday
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #75 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by go_vtec
Oh the temptation!!! I would be all over it and be at the meeting if I didn't have to close the deal on something by next couple of weeks. Let's just say it costs more than two brand new Ferraris and my wife would kill me if I mess that up
frown.gif
(In headfi sense, that is roughly 100 pairs of used R-10 AND 100 pairs of Qualia 010). At least I have about 25% of chance of closing the deal by this Saturday
wink.gif

good luck with the deal! maybe if we have a meet in the future you can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back