Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 10, 2012 at 2:39 AM Post #5,851 of 6,444
I do feel that ozma is good but I somehow can't seem to care for the characters much. and it's only 6 episodes.

but the moment space brothers show the plight of the eldest brother, I just felt a connection. of course one can say that I am biased that I myself am the eldest brother. :p

I already knew that mysterious girlfriend X is weird because I read a little bit of the manga. I don't even want to watch it actually. but scamp from The Cart Driver anime blog manage to convince me to.

Apr 10, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #5,854 of 6,444
beauty is more than skin deep. that's how I can power through Jojo's bizarre adventure back then. but at least for that manga it has over the top fighting scenes and tropetastic shenanigans
i'm still searching for a reason to keep going watching ozma; the art is find.

I don't really like it, but I watch it anyway. Don't really need a reason.

I find anime the perfect way to alleviate stress when taking breaks from studying. Study one hour, watch one episode.
Since I have enough free time and exams coming up in a couple weeks this has led to the fact that I watch pretty much all the shows currently airing.

Apr 10, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #5,856 of 6,444

Quote:
I'm not much into new Anime any more, still trying to catch up on all the older stuff I've missed

Watching Eureka 7 atm [for the 4'th time :3]

Well if you watch the old stuff 4+ times, it would make catching the newer stuff hard wouldn't it?  Sorry...I had to give you a hard time because I do the same thing.  ^.^

Though I don't know how you can watch Eureka 7 that many times.  Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but the characters angsty moments drove me up the wall.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #5,858 of 6,444
Quote:

I'm probably going to catch flak for saying this, but this sentiment about sums up why I barely got through Evangelion.  Shinji was a whiny angsty little crybaby chump the entire show. 

I didn't really like any of the three main characters in Evangelion. However, the scenes in which Shinji sits in his mobile-suit while in complete despair are done very well, and made me sympathize a lot with him -- hard to explain the exact feeling.

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #5,859 of 6,444

Quote:
Quote:

I'm probably going to catch flak for saying this, but this sentiment about sums up why I barely got through Evangelion.  Shinji was a whiny angsty little crybaby chump the entire show. 

True, but as I see the show as an allegory about the difficulty in personal relations (as they kind of mention as the "hedgehog theory"), it kind of makes sense why he's so dysfunctional, along with every single other character in the series.  I think Commander Fuyutsuki is about the only thing close to a normal person, maybe because they really don't show any real personal side to him, just the professional.

Quote:
I didn't really like any of the three main characters in Evangelion. However, the scenes in which Shinji sits in his mobile-suit while in complete despair are done very well, and made me sympathize a lot with him -- hard to explain the exact feeling.

Yeah..I'm not sure you're really supposed to empathize or like any of them.  I can totally agree with some of those scenes with Shinji.  For me it's sometimes so extreme, emotionally bare, and raw that it is hard not to empathize to some degree.

And I know I've probably posted it before, but this is by far my fave quote from anyone who worked on Eva: "If it's true that it has become popular in many countries, then it means that the whole world feels the same disease of the soul." -Yoshiyuki Sadamoto on Neon Genesis Evangelion's International Appeal

Though it doesn't really quite reach the level of Texhnolyze.  My friend is a huge fan of ABe, and was following his blog while he was working on Texhnolyze.  She summed it up by saying most days the blog said something like: "Came by from working on Texhnolyze.  Now I need a drink."

Apr 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #5,861 of 6,444

Quote:
I can't wait until there is an anime/manga in which the girls are headphones, like how all the girls in upotte!! are assault rifles.

Apparently the guns in Upotte!! are actually quite accurate. If there was ever one with headphones I'd love that.

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #5,862 of 6,444
Apparently the guns in Upotte!! are actually quite accurate. If there was ever one with headphones I'd love that.

If they can make an anime about something so obscure as karuta, then headphones should well be in the domain of possibility.
Seriously, most Japanese people I asked do know what karuta is, but have never played it and were unaware of it being played as a sport.

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #5,864 of 6,444
Quote:
I've started watching acchi kocchi yesterday. While I truly, really want to not like it, even my cold, black heart can't withstand the onslaught of moe from .... uhhh... hmm... that purple girl. MOE MAKES ME FORGET! :<

I like that purple girl, and yes, I never caught her name either.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back