Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 1, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #5,821 of 6,444

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, it has definitely been a long wait (especially between VII and VIII).  Hopefully they have all the animation rights sorted out now though.  I expect they'll end with ep.10.

yeah the wait was pretty bad between 7 and 8, but i really just meant that the show itself is getting a little long in the tooth. they seem to be stretching it out a bit.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that 10 is the end.

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #5,822 of 6,444
I still haven't seen Hellsing Ultimate. I'm waiting for it to finish before starting. For that reason, I've been waiting for more than four years now...

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #5,823 of 6,444
I've started re-watching Evangelion, DBZ, Elfen Lied and Kidosenshi Gundam. I also started watching Gundam AGE, which is OK...

Of the bunch I do like Evangelion and Kidosenshi Gundam the most.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #5,824 of 6,444
Watch Gundam Unicorn. You'll be blown away.

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #5,826 of 6,444
I've heard of it, so I'll take a look. I recently purchased and watched Gundam: The 08th MS Team and loved it. I tried to watch Gundam Seed but it was bad to me.. I also watched Zeta Gundam and liked that series a lot. Gundam Wing was my first exposure to the Gundam series, and I remember watching it all the way back on Cartton Network's Toonami program.

Quote:
Watch Gundam Unicorn. You'll be blown away.

Apr 1, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #5,827 of 6,444

Quote:
I've heard of it, so I'll take a look. I recently purchased and watched Gundam: The 08th MS Team and loved it. I tried to watch Gundam Seed but it was bad to me.. I also watched Zeta Gundam and liked that series a lot. Gundam Wing was my first exposure to the Gundam series, and I remember watching it all the way back on Cartton Network's Toonami program.

Gundam SEED is like a rehash of Gundam 0079 for the new generation. Have you tried Gundam 00?

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #5,828 of 6,444

Quote:
Guilty Crown and its composed OSTs
very nice I must say

ZnT F (Zero no Tsukaima F) Nice ending to the series

Guilty Crown OSTs are very nice indeed

Apr 2, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #5,830 of 6,444

Quote:
That's why you choose Shana Project, because you can specify the resolution and sub group you want for each series and forget about it. Just go into Shana Project every day, and releases from the group you want and resolution you want will be there.

What a find. Thanks (again), ImperialX.

Just finished watching Broken Blade OVA series a while back. IMO it's one of the more finer mecha series I've seen in a while (the last memorable one being Gundam 00). It started from good to great to almost awesome in OVA 5, but 6 just felt too rushed and incoherent. It almost ruined the whole series for me.

Recently picked back up Shinryaku! Ika Musume (S1). I don't remember where I dropped it last time; but I do remember it was after the very cute and sad chibiIka-chan episode; and felt like I need a light hearted comedy after Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ended (which is awesomely hilarious I might add) that doesn't have romance (or a pretense of it) and/or ecchi in it.

Some of you may know me from the other Shinkansen-speed anime thread. No, I will not post as frequently as I do there. I will post more maturely, if I come back here. Most probably will. In fact, I am quite unamused and tired of the other thread already, to be honest.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:55 PM Post #5,831 of 6,444
THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FELT! 

For Gundam 00 I have not watched it yet. I watched the trailer for Gundam Unicorn and it looks great. It's set int he same universe and Kidousenshi Gundam, Gundam 08th, Zeta Gundam. I like it being in the same universe instead of an alternate one.

Quote:
Gundam SEED is like a rehash of Gundam 0079 for the new generation. Have you tried Gundam 00?

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #5,832 of 6,444

Quote:
What a find. Thanks (again), ImperialX.

Just finished watching Broken Blade OVA series a while back. IMO it's one of the more finer mecha series I've seen in a while (the last memorable one being Gundam 00). It started from good to great to almost awesome in OVA 5, but 6 just felt too rushed and incoherent. It almost ruined the whole series for me.

Recently picked back up Shinryaku! Ika Musume (S1). I don't remember where I dropped it last time; but I do remember it was after the very cute and sad chibiIka-chan episode; and felt like I need a light hearted comedy after Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ended (which is awesomely hilarious I might add) that doesn't have romance (or a pretense of it) and/or ecchi in it.

Some of you may know me from the other Shinkansen-speed anime thread. No, I will not post as frequently as I do there. I will post more maturely, if I come back here. Most probably will. In fact, I am quite unamused and tired of the other thread already, to be honest.

Iksa Musume really became one of my faves...I don't even really know why I started following it, to be honest.  The mini ika musume episode you mention was what actually kinda cemented that series for me.  It was kinda sappy...sure...but given that it was doing it all with a dialogue that only consisted of "geso" impressed me.  It was remarkably effective for something so short (no pun intended), and I really liked the background music and how it was used.

As far as "this thread" and "that thread", post however you want is what I'd say.  I just get tired of tangents and only really read so many forum posts in a day, so I never really bother trying to keep up with the other thread.  All has its own place and pace. 
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #5,833 of 6,444

Quote:
Iksa Musume really became one of my faves...I don't even really know why I started following it, to be honest.  The mini ika musume episode you mention was what actually kinda cemented that series for me.  It was kinda sappy...sure...but given that it was doing it all with a dialogue that only consisted of "geso" impressed me.  It was remarkably effective for something so short (no pun intended), and I really liked the background music and how it was used.

As far as "this thread" and "that thread", post however you want is what I'd say.  I just get tired of tangents and only really read so many forum posts in a day, so I never really bother trying to keep up with the other thread.  All has its own place and pace. 
wink.gif

Yes I felt the same way too, back when it started to air. There was no rhyme and reason to follow it, but I did. Then the first mini Ika episode came, and I am smitten. Remembering again, that's one of the times I shed some tears watching anime. Truly tugged on something in my cold heart. 
frown.gif

Apr 3, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #5,834 of 6,444

Quote:
THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I FELT! 

For Gundam 00 I have not watched it yet. I watched the trailer for Gundam Unicorn and it looks great. It's set int he same universe and Kidousenshi Gundam, Gundam 08th, Zeta Gundam. I like it being in the same universe instead of an alternate one.

The original universe is called the UC (Universal Centry). Everything else are alternate universes, except Gundam 00 which is set in our World and uses the AD timeline like us. 

I don't think anyone who enjoyed the original 0079 needs to see SEED. xD

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #5,835 of 6,444
Have anyone seen the new Gyo OVA? No? Then don't even think about it. It's bad. And that's coming from a Junji Ito fan. Before I go into more detail, I'll lay out my story first.

Back when I heard about this in February or something, I was quite elated. It's a freaking Junji Ito manga adaptation! What fan wouldn't be happy about it? I've always wondered how it would look like, from Uzumaki, to Hellstar Remina and some of his other shorter, one-shot work. It was Gyo, so "Okay," I said. Suffice it to say, I am disappointed.

I'm re-reading that particular manga again right now, but off the bat, the artwork of the OVA doesn't have that highly recognizable Junji Ito style. It's too ... clean. I don't know how to say it anymore. It just doesn't give that same feeling of reading an Ito manga. It doesn't have that ominous dread clinging onto the characters' faces. And the characters and story are changed by quite a lot. Even just compared to the first 6 or so chapters of the manga.

The pacing is rushed. 1 hour and 10 minutes is not a good time frame for a manga adaptation like this. Doesn't provide enough time to care about the characters' feelings. Explanations also feel weird and stilted I feel. And most of all, the charm of all of Ito's mangas that I have read so far, the mystery and supernatural, was shown only in a two-minute scene and a 10-minute scene, near the end. Oh and the ending is so lame and anti-climatic.

The one good thing I got from this is the soundtrack, like something Hans Zimmer would make. But then it doesn't fit the theme. So that's another one thing out.

Overall, it is a gory and disgusting manga adaptation, in more ways than one. If one is curious about any of Junji Ito's work, please mind that some of his work is the kind where it's quite detailed in a gory, macabre way, laced with mystery, intrigue, and most commonly horror. I'd like to recommend a manga to go start with, but it's been so long since I read one. Going by my dodgy memory, Uzumaki is the safest to start with, as the more squicky feel is near the end of the series. Maybe Hellstar Remina might be a good start too.

He does have a slice of life manga. His life. So take that as you will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back