Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Apr 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #5,881 of 6,444
Don't be too down on yourself like that LOL.I think I can blame my indifference towards the more generic formula on Sayonara Zetsubou sensei. That anime (I found it first as anime) really hit something in my brain I think. As it stands right now, it's irreversible so far. But I do enjoy some of them though. Prime example would be Toradora!. Somehow it's still my favourite romance anime.

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #5,882 of 6,444
I just finished watching Zeta Gundam and have watched all four episodes on Gundam Unicorn. Zeta's ending kinda ticked me off but Unicorn is awesome so far!

Apr 22, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #5,884 of 6,444
Haven't had the time. Besides, me being in Russia makes it a little bit... grey to watch it here, if you know what I mean. But I really liked the first 3 before. And apparently, it was supposed to have 4 books before. The fourth book is now an ongoing comic from what I hear. Well now I am really jelly.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #5,885 of 6,444

Quote:
Haven't had the time. Besides, me being in Russia makes it a little bit... grey to watch it here, if you know what I mean. But I really liked the first 3 before. And apparently, it was supposed to have 4 books before. The fourth book is now an ongoing comic from what I hear. Well now I am really jelly.

4 seasons? Really? Awesome!

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #5,886 of 6,444
I liked the first Avatar series a bit but it's not the same as anime is. I like how serious anime can be and what subject matter they may show. Most cartoons nowadays don't venture that way anymore... time to fire up the Spawn TV show DVD's.

Apr 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #5,887 of 6,444

Quote:
Anybody else watch Korra?

I'm actually really enjoying the new series. I haven't watched all of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" but now I'm intrigued to do so.

Quote:
I liked the first Avatar series a bit but it's not the same as anime is. I like how serious anime can be and what subject matter they may show. Most cartoons nowadays don't venture that way anymore... time to fire up the Spawn TV show DVD's.

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" and "The Legend of Korra" are anime-influenced animations, so they are not anime per se.

EDIT: I didn't realize people were talking about this in the last few posts. >.>

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #5,888 of 6,444

Avatar is not an anime; it is made in the States and not in Japan.

Anyway, I do remember Avatar being really great, and lots of friend say that I should watch The Legend of Korra as well.

Apr 23, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #5,889 of 6,444

Quote:

Quote:

4 seasons? Really? Awesome!

I might, and can be wrong on this though. Maybe someone else should look it up too. Because, at the end of book 3, there was a huuuge plot tease for one of the main characters, and then book 3 ended the series before that supposedly huuuge plot development.

Apr 23, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #5,890 of 6,444

Quote:

I might, and can be wrong on this though. Maybe someone else should look it up too. Because, at the end of book 3, there was a huuuge plot tease for one of the main characters, and then book 3 ended the series before that supposedly huuuge plot development.

I'm just speculating, don't take it too seriously, but a 4th book might not be released.

Book 1: Water
Book 2: Earth
Book 3: Fire

The Legend of Korra
Book 1: Air

What element would they call book 4 if it exists? Though a similar question can be asked for Book 2 of Korra...

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #5,891 of 6,444
What I heard was thatNickelodeon canceled funding after book 3, and there's a plot hole not filled.

Its pertaining Zuko's mother IIRC. They say that it's planned to be somewhat resolved in Book4.
After looking a bit more, it's probably this graphic novel that explains what happens directly after the very last major event. I aim to buy it and have it delivered here to Russia somehow...

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:46 AM Post #5,892 of 6,444

Quote:

I'm actually really enjoying the new series. I haven't watched all of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" but now I'm intrigued to do so.

"Avatar: The Last Airbender" and "The Legend of Korra" are anime-influenced animations, so they are not anime per se.

EDIT: I didn't realize people were talking about this in the last few posts. >.>

I'm probably the biggest fan of ATLA. I'm re-watching every episode to catch up on everything. A great series with a good storyline.

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #5,893 of 6,444
I know that, but the animation is from a Korean company. So  in a way it is an anime but then it isn't...
Quote:
Avatar is not an anime; it is made in the States and not in Japan.
Anyway, I do remember Avatar being really great, and lots of friend say that I should watch The Legend of Korra as well.

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:58 PM Post #5,894 of 6,444

Quote:
I know that, but the animation is from a Korean company. So  in a way it is an anime but then it isn't...

So technically speaking, it is anime. Define anime in your words.

Apr 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #5,895 of 6,444
Anime (アニメ?[anime][size=smaller] ( listen)[/size]; i/ˈænɨm/ or /ˈɑːnɨm/) is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation."

Its anime due to the Japanese romaji アニメ. So basically Anime=Japanese animation.
If it was a simple abbreviation of English it would be Anima.

Important thing here is that Anime=/=animation. Anime is specifically Japanese Animation.

Though in all honesty the Korean romanization of Animation also pronounces it anime-tion. A case of what was first to be widely accepted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back