Another super WIN by Etymotic Research!
Jan 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Deac311

Head-Fier
I've had my ER-4S headphones for probably about 9 years or so and have loved them this whole time, but I've either lost or damaged all of the eartips other than the gray 3 flange eartips, and I wanted to try the other ones, but the only options on the website at etymotic was to purchase 7 sets of one or 3 sets of another and I didn't really want to purchase a whole bunch of one kind only to find out that I didn't like them at all.  

So...  I called up etymotic and spoke with one of their customer service people who is going to just send me a set of large and regular foam and a set of the glider at no cost.  They aren't even charging for shipping.  I was expecting to pay at least 10 bucks or so, but they have once again proven why I will always be a customer of theirs!

In a world of $10 shipping charges for things that probably cost them less than $1 to ship this is amazing.  I can't stress enough how great it is to do business with a company that takes care of their customers even 9 years later!!!

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 18
@deac311, another option for your long-loved ety would be the custom tips from ACS, which increase noise isolation and comfort over the generics.

(btw I also have had my etys for a long time, and did once benefit from customer service on a repair from ety. I also use their etyblu happily)

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 18
My left side connection is loose on my ER6i's. I had a great replacement about a year after I purchased them. I was thinking about switching to another brand since my warranty is up but maybe I should give them a ring and see if I can send my phones back for a pair of new ones at a discounted price.

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:40 AM Post #6 of 18
In today's markets companies are realizing that there is almost as much (if not more) business to be had from existing customers than there is from new customers. So if you're happy with them, you are more likely to give a preference to their products for future purchases. This is not just true for Audio companies, but for pretty much all products. Customer service is one of the biggest factor for the rise/fall of a company and the ones that don't realize it are just making it more difficult for themselves.

I'm sure if anyone from ER reads your post, they would be quite satisfied with their efforts.

Jan 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #9 of 18

Companies with absolutely fantastic customer service with no complaints from anyone who's actually ever tried to work with them:

Etymotic Research
just read this thread for proof

Thinksound
I've spoken to the owner, absolutely exceptional

Future Sonics
Spoken to the owner several times, completely amazing service

1964 Ears
emailed with the owner, great experience so far

I'm sure there are others.

Jan 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM Post #10 of 18
After reading this thread I did a bit of searching, and indeed it appears that ER have some of the best customer service and a lot of people sing their praise. This certainly makes their products an attractive proposition for me. I just hope more companies can learn from them,

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #12 of 18
I've been contemplating the custom fit for my ety's, maybe I'll take the plunge now that I have a decent portable source (HifiMan HM-601).  I've had great luck with Etymotic Research previously as well.  I had a dog that chewed on my ER-4S's and I sent them in and Etymotic replaced both of the drivers at no cost to me.  I don't expect this kind of customer service and wouldn't expect it again, but it was wonderful when it happened.

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:18 AM Post #13 of 18
Thanks Rick and keep up the great work on behalf of Etymotic.

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 18
I have had  er-4's for about 12 years,I had custom ear pieces made then but they do not fit  like they use to .Does any one know if your ear can change in that tine or the material it is made of.Thanks for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back