Another Shure SE535 Red Limited Edition launched in USA
Jun 9, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #16 of 34
Has anyone tried just contacting Shure and asking? I mean, I'm not even interested in these, I'm just lurking, but it seems like everyone is going all Sherlock on website differences and speculating instead of simply asking.
Honestly, the tuning was done by a acoustic filter, not on the driver. Why not buy the stock se535 and mod it to be ltd?

Jun 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #17 of 34
     Quote:
Has anyone tried just contacting Shure and asking? I mean, I'm not even interested in these, I'm just lurking, but it seems like everyone is going all Sherlock on website differences and speculating instead of simply asking.

I called Shure on Friday but the office hours just closed :frowning2: and customer service does not operate on the weekends.  I suppose the 2 year warranty is also a very attractive offer on the US version however i do not want to pay $549.99 if its just a reskinned bronze/clear se535 with just 2 mic cables added with the package :frowning2:.  I have been lurking around to see what IEM would be suitable for my taste and have really narrowed it on the se535 ltd.  Most of the posts i have read talk about the Asia version and not the US version so i thought I would make a account and ask :p

Quote:
Honestly, the tuning was done by a acoustic filter, not on the driver. Why not buy the stock se535 and mod it to be ltd?

Honestly i would be afraid to do anything if it would compromise the warranty on those things >_<

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #18 of 34
Only had briefest 15 min demo of the SE535 Red Ltd Asian and would maintain for the majority of the consumer market who do not buy "audiophile" dap and amp stacks, competitors have come up with universal solutions that have surpassed the SE535 concept.

Jun 9, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #19 of 34
     Quote:

Honestly i would be afraid to do anything if it would compromise the warranty on those things >_<
I bought my se535 from an unauthorized dealer, and my stock filters broke, so either I payed ahure $80 to fix my iem or just buy new filters. Thankfully, Ink and Rin offered to replace my filters, and did measurements with them.

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #21 of 34
Maybe I'm just being pedantic here but I feel like Shure is either dropping the ball here or trying to put one over on the consumer. It's obvious there has been confusion (and has been since the SE(j)'s came out. Why are they not coming out and addressing the issue directly. "There has been confusion regarding the American version vs the Japanese version. At this time the differences are ____." Why be cagey about it?

What I do know is that with the lack of clarity and access I ended up getting W4's until I have more concrete info. In other words, Westone got my money. Shure didn't.

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #22 of 34
@Operaphile  --That sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Even Shure reps are confused. I just got off the phone with one who told me “no, the U.S. version is tuned like the clear and bronze”. I offered resistance to that notion and was switched to someone (presumably) more knowledgeable on the matter and that individual told me the red earpieces indicates that there is indeed a different acoustic filter in the nozzle (no matter where it is sold). So, there you have it.

I auditioned the Red 535 in InMotion and I did not hear a difference. If there is a difference, it is not a blatantly obvious one. I did have the treble turned up high on Poweramp (as I normally do for my clear 535) which may have mitigated the difference. But whatever, I'm way over it and waiting for the SE846.

As for the W4, I can hear a difference in its treble vs the 535. I can also hear a difference in the mid-vocals where the 535 wins (but it is early yet in the comparison, so things may change). The 535 also wins in visceral bass. As with the IQ, UE900, SM64 and now W4,--the 535 seems to shine in foreground sounds where the others win in background clarity (but again, it's early with the W4....).

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:
Maybe I'm just being pedantic here but I feel like Shure is either dropping the ball here or trying to put one over on the consumer. It's obvious there has been confusion (and has been since the SE(j)'s came out. Why are they not coming out and addressing the issue directly. "There has been confusion regarding the American version vs the Japanese version. At this time the differences are ____." Why be cagey about it?

What I do know is that with the lack of clarity and access I ended up getting W4's until I have more concrete info. In other words, Westone got my money. Shure didn't.

i agree.

and imo you made a good choice with the westone. i owned the se535-ltd-j and feel my w4r rival them in sound.

i feel like shure is really Fing with their customers, coming out with all these renditions of the same thing. yes they came out with a new high end iem however the market for those is much smaller than the market for the 535... so now we have the:
asian red 535
the american red 535
the silver ltd edition 535 ( i believe this one might be over seas or discontinued)
bronze 535 
clear 535

so all these variations of the same iem and the only difference is possibly besides color is the filter? if this is so, shure must really think their customers are stupid. becuase if you can achieve the asian reds sound in the clear or bronze by changing the filter. consider the price difference between the asian reds and clear or bronze and tell me you are paying for a filter? thats the difference? someone clear this up.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #27 of 34
It looks to be you are correct.

Hey Mooses9, I don't know if you audit the SE846 yet but if you do, I want your opinion of my particular set up whether it can reproduce a similar sound signature from SE 846.
My gear setup: iPod Nano 4th generation par with Fiio Andes DAC by using VIABLUE 3.5mm jack cable. I listen to it with my SE 535 LTD version. 
Thanx!

Sep 8, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #29 of 34
For anyone still interested, this page gives a clear breakdown of the differences between all the different editions of the SE535s: shure.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4271

Feb 23, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #30 of 34
I just bought these: https://www.amazon.com/Shure-SE535LTD-Isolating-Earphones-Microphone/dp/B00EANUQ4S/

The annoying thing is that on the box is states the range as 18Hz – 19kHz, while the manual states that the LTD has up to 19.5kHz.

So which is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back