Another Shure SE535 Red Limited Edition launched in USA
Mar 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

warrenzn

Head-Fier
I was just browsing on the Shure Americas website and it appears that Shure has launched (another) Limited Edition Red SE535, this time for the American market:

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones

These appear to be different to the Red SE535 Limited Edition marketed to the Asia region in that it appears to have black cables instead of the gray cables the Asian SE535 Ltd comes with. It also appears to not have the "acoustic and frequency performance enhancements" that the Asian SE535 Red has.

American SE535 Red Limited Ed:

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se535ltd-sound-isolating-earphones

Asian SE535 Red Limited Ed:

http://www.shureasia.com/products/earphones/se535ltd

Difference between the two models can be seen in the Frequency Ranges of these 2 models:

The Specifications for the latest Red SE535 Ltd on the Shure USA website state the following:

1. Sensitivity 119 dB SPL/mW
    Frequency Range 18Hz – 19kHz
    Cable Style 2 detachable remote + mic cables: 57” M+ Cable for iPhone, 57” M Cable for other music enabled phones with 3.5 mm jack
    Colors Limited Edition Red

The Specifications for the Asian Red SE535 Ltd on the Shure Asia website state the following:

1. Speaker type: Triple High-Definition MicroDrivers
  2. Sensitivity (1 kHz): 119 dB SPL/mW
  3. Impedance: 36 Ω
  4. Frequency range: 18 Hz - 19.5 kHz
  5. Cable length: 116 cm
  6. Color: Special Edition Red

It appears the Asian version (original Red 535 Ltd) is the only one with the "newly tuned acoustic network" and "enhanced high frequency performance", as the Shure USA website makes no such statements for the new USA-version SE535 Limited Edition.

This is rather confusing as to why Shure would release the original (improved / newly tuned / acoustically enhanced) SE535 Ltd in the Asian market but not the rest of the world, and then release another 'new' Red Edition SE535 in the USA market, but without their improvements they incorporated into the original SE535 Red. Isn't this short changing the rest of the market by failing to make the "enhanced" 535 available to the rest of the world, but instead simply just repackaging the original bronze / clear SE535 in a red shell for the USA market? This feels like a bit of a let down...

Discuss

Mar 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 34
Come on guys join the discussion, what is Shure up to with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 34
Quote:
Come on guys join the discussion, what is Shure up to with these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think shure is being racist here....   even i cant think of any reason why they did this....  any shure Representatives??

Mar 15, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 34
I have the original red SE535 , bought it approximately half a year before. But may I ask what are the differences between the previous version?
Just wondering... Thanks!

Mar 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 34
The new US version 535 Red: a) does not have the same frequency range as the Asian version. The Asian version is claimed by Shure to be an acoustically "enhanced" product, and an improvement over the original 535. The US version also b) has a black cable instead of the gray as found on the Asian 535 Red. The third difference is c) that the Asian 535 Red has a shorter cable.

The US 535 Red appears to be the same product as the bronze and clear version, as there is no difference in the product according to Shure USA website, other than the new red colour. Whereas the Asian 535 Ltd is touted by Shure as an "enhanced" product with a slightly different higher-end frequency range. It does beg the question as to why Shure is not giving US consumers access to their 'enhanced' SE535 as sold across the Asian market? Instead it appears Shure has just repackaged the bronze / clear 535 in a red shell and called it a 'special edition'.

Personally I would much rather spend the extra effort to get the "enhanced" Asian-market 535 Limited Edition. By most accounts here and on other sites it is a superior IEM when compared to the original bronze and clear versions.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 34
Quote:
I was just browsing on the Shure Americas website and it appears that Shure has launched (another) Limited Edition Red SE535, this time for the American market:

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones

These appear to be different to the Red SE535 Limited Edition marketed to the Asia region in that it appears to have black cables instead of the gray cables the Asian SE535 Ltd comes with. It also appears to not have the "acoustic and frequency performance enhancements" that the Asian SE535 Red has.

American SE535 Red Limited Ed:

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se535ltd-sound-isolating-earphones

Asian SE535 Red Limited Ed:

http://www.shureasia.com/products/earphones/se535ltd

Difference between the two models can be seen in the Frequency Ranges of these 2 models:

The Specifications for the latest Red SE535 Ltd on the Shure USA website state the following:

1. Sensitivity 119 dB SPL/mW
    Frequency Range 18Hz – 19kHz
    Cable Style 2 detachable remote + mic cables: 57” M+ Cable for iPhone, 57” M Cable for other music enabled phones with 3.5 mm jack
    Colors Limited Edition Red

The Specifications for the Asian Red SE535 Ltd on the Shure Asia website state the following:

1. Speaker type: Triple High-Definition MicroDrivers
  2. Sensitivity (1 kHz): 119 dB SPL/mW
  3. Impedance: 36 Ω
  4. Frequency range: 18 Hz - 19.5 kHz
  5. Cable length: 116 cm
  6. Color: Special Edition Red

It appears the Asian version (original Red 535 Ltd) is the only one with the "newly tuned acoustic network" and "enhanced high frequency performance", as the Shure USA website makes no such statements for the new USA-version SE535 Limited Edition.

This is rather confusing as to why Shure would release the original (improved / newly tuned / acoustically enhanced) SE535 Ltd in the Asian market but not the rest of the world, and then release another 'new' Red Edition SE535 in the USA market, but without their improvements they incorporated into the original SE535 Red. Isn't this short changing the rest of the market by failing to make the "enhanced" 535 available to the rest of the world, but instead simply just repackaging the original bronze / clear SE535 in a red shell for the USA market? This feels like a bit of a let down...

Discuss

Just a note, Shure USA has fixed the Frequency Range for SE535LTD to match that of the Asian version. It appears now that the US version is a better buy since it comes with two cables.

The only issue is I can't find any US online retailers selling these.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 34
Has anyone actually gotten their hands on one of these new US version reds? Seems like Shure is making things a bit confusing for consumrers, offering two products that look identical, but with different properties.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 34
Sorry if my post was confusing... But the 535LTD (red) specs are the same for both US version and Asian version.

535LTD has 500hz more range than the standard bronze/clear.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 34
I also think having a (Red) U.S. version was a confounding move on Shure's part. We live in a global society. Did they assume no one would be the wiser?

I listened to the (Red) U.S. version in an InMotion store at the airport in my town a few months ago. It sounded the same as my standard (clear) 535 (which I brought along for a back/forth A/B-ing).

Jun 8, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #11 of 34
actually it does improve the acoustic frequency range 18hz to 19.5.
check it out http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/se-earphones/se535ltd-sound-isolating-earphones

Jun 8, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 34
So i plan on buying the Shure se535ltd (US version) from the In-motion store at a nearby airport.  After looking at the US Shure website, I saw that the frequency range were 18Hz – 19.5kHz which are the same as the Asia version.  However I do not see Shure state anything about the US variant having a newly tuned acoustic network that delivers enhanced high frequency performance like its Asia counterpart.  Can anybody verify if Shure forgot to state that information or is the US variant just a reskin of the bronze/treble se535s with that treble roll off that people complain about.  I suppose that little bit of information would be the line that decides if i buy the US version or go on Accessoryjack to purchase the se535ltd (Asia version). 

Jun 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 34
Has anyone tried just contacting Shure and asking? I mean, I'm not even interested in these, I'm just lurking, but it seems like everyone is going all Sherlock on website differences and speculating instead of simply asking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back