Another Oregon meet too?
May 19, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #46 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
I just received a SuperMacro V3 as my portable amp (I sold the superdual). If all goes well, I will also have the HeadRoom MicroDAC and a Rockhopper M-cubed amp by the meet.

Yes, I also have a camera and an XP laptop.

Looks like we can do an SR-71, SM V3 and M-cubed comparison: should be good. Looks like i'll be making some purchases after. Since you have a camera and seeberg is bringing one too, I'll leave mine at the house and you two can just start the thread unless somethin' changes.

May 19, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #47 of 162
The M-cubed clearly outclasses the supermacro - I had a demo for the past week, unfortunately I had to mail it on the day before I got the supermacro. The supermacro is a portable and the M-cubed is desktop only, so this is no surprise
smily_headphones1.gif

I will say how surprised I am about how cool the sound signature is with the default supermacro op amps and the SA5000s, with bass boost turned on. Very groovy, and would probably please a number of SA5000 naysayers. Unfortunately it gets messy with complicated music, but this is with practically no burn in, and I haven't tried other op amps yet.

May 19, 2005 at 8:14 PM Post #48 of 162
Quote:

I still need folks to PM me their e-mail addresses, I've only gotten one e-mail and three confirmed attendies so far. I was actually going to post something today.

Later!
dev*

Maybe you could make a list of confirmed people? I think I sent a PM a while back, but maybe it got lost? Anyhow, it would be nice if we could know who is coming and such...

May 19, 2005 at 8:53 PM Post #49 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by deadlierchair
Maybe you could make a list of confirmed people? I think I sent a PM a while back, but maybe it got lost? Anyhow, it would be nice if we could know who is coming and such...

I will send you all an e-mail after I get a few more. I haven't heard from anyone not in this thread. And yes, I am including you in my comments.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #50 of 162
Quote:

The M-cubed clearly outclasses the supermacro

I'd still like to run them all heads up cause 99% of my use is going to be desktop and I want a good pairing with that Micro DAC. Maybe someone can bring out an 0404 or 1212 to check it out. Like i said, I'm gunna be moving some weight afterward hehe.

I'd be glad to give you another ride Seeberg. Now I owe you one for those 414 pads.

May 20, 2005 at 5:49 AM Post #51 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
I'd be glad to give you another ride Seeberg. Now I owe you one for those 414 pads.

Well thanks(although I thought to send you the 414 pads as returning the favor for the ride for the last trip-gas prices are such a drag)! I guess that means I'm pretty much confirmed then.
In addition to the other goodies I've got planned to buy soon enough and bring along, should I tag along my Denon DCM350 for source or AR 10 outlet surge protector for power flexibility?

Perhaps we should make a bulletin with a list of guests to widen support. I know without a doubt there are more Oregon members out there, we just need to reach them and invite them to this groovy shindig.

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 20, 2005 at 5:52 AM Post #52 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Well thanks(although I thought to send you the 414 pads as returning the favor for the ride for the last trip-gas prices are such a drag)! I guess that means I'm pretty much confirmed then.
In addition to the other goodies I've got planned to buy soon enough and bring along, should I tag along my Denon DCM350 for source or AR 10 outlet surge protector for power flexibility?

frown.gif
I want some Grado pads! If anyone else coming to this meet has a set of any of them I'd be interested, but this probably doesn't belong in this thread.

It might be a good idea to make a new post saying "Our date is this, this is where it will be, now RSVP!"

May 20, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #53 of 162
Quote:

frown.gif
I want some Grado pads! If anyone else coming to this meet has a set of any of them I'd be interested, but this probably doesn't belong in this thread.

It might be a good idea to make a new post saying "Our date is this, this is where it will be, now RSVP!"

I could give you my modded ratshack pads, or if you have any cheap goodies(and I mean cheap), for trade I could give you my modded comfies.
I should mention I'll also be bringing my Slicsound tips and my Shure foamies as well.
biggrin.gif
Abe

May 20, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #54 of 162
I'm 95% sure I'll be there. I won't be 100% until two weeks before the event, but I don't think there will be a problem. As far as gear goes, I can bring the UM2, e2c, A900, and SA5000. Although there will probably be 3 or more sets of those
tongue.gif
I doubt I'll have my Pocket Reference by then, but if I do somehow get it in time for the meet I'll bring that as well. I can bring my computer setup with 1212m, but only the analog card is working at the moment. I imagine I could get the digital card working, but since I'm not using any of the digital outputs at the moment I'm not going to bother. If someone wants to hear a 1212m and a DAC1 or something I guess I can try to get it working again. (The card isn't bad, its just that one of my pci slots isn't working correctly.)

May 20, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #55 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by james__bean
As far as gear goes, I can bring the UM2, e2c, A900, and SA5000. Although there will probably be 3 or more sets of those
tongue.gif

Bring 'em anyway-especially the SA5000's- I've got to hear them this time around, especially if I can get some SA1000's to compare them to before the meet. As far as Audio Technica, I wonder if anyone might bring some L3000's, wood series cans, or some EW9 Sovereign's. Those are the most far out clip on headphones I'VE EVER SEEN...
biggrin.gif

(not serious about anyone having to bring those, but the idea is certainly entertaining
tongue.gif
)

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 20, 2005 at 10:46 AM Post #56 of 162
Quote:

Perhaps we should make a bulletin with a list of guests to widen support. I know without a doubt there are more Oregon members out there, we just need to reach them and invite them to this groovy shindig.

If we get more guests, we definitely need a new venue (so we aren't at a point where we can say "this is where it will be", see below). I originally offered to have it at my place because it was looking clearly like a group of people I had met from last time getting together for a follow-up. It's quickly getting kinda late in the game for a switch. That said, if someone can come up with a nice place with plenty of room that's awesome.
580smile.gif
I tried but had no luck
frown.gif

Quote:

I did, post #35, but no one responded.
frown.gif
That's part of why I msged folks yesterday to get feedback - so that everyone was back in the discussion, now we're getting back on the same page, and that's cool...

Yesterday morning I had only effectively heard from one person, so there simply wasn't much to say, now I've heard from remilard, deadlierchair (and possible friend), seeberg, gigabomber, and james__bean. Budgie I know will be in eventually. I will send e-mail in a day or two.

May 20, 2005 at 10:49 AM Post #57 of 162
Quote:

Bring 'em anyway-especially the SA5000's-

Yes, and I'm vaguely curious to hear if there are actually obvious differences between individual SA5000's of different burn-in. If someone gets a new one with low hours it would be worth checking especially. Mine has about 300 hours on it at this point.

May 20, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #58 of 162
Quote:

If we get more guests, we definitely need a new venue (so we aren't at a point where we can say "this is where it will be", see below). I originally offered to have it at my place because it was looking clearly like a group of people I had met from last time getting together for a follow-up. It's quickly getting kinda late in the game for a switch. That said, if someone can come up with a nice place with plenty of room that's awesome.
580smile.gif
I tried but had no luck
frown.gif

I think what we need is perhaps not more guests, as this bill has been fit quite nicely, but more interest in the meet from the spectator's seats that are the forums. Since there will be pics this time, I think we can easily achieve this goal, since alot of threads with pics attached do get attention, like shiny things to birds. This might also guarantee a more manageable turnout since pics do suffice when members unavailable are interested in a meet. I'm thinking this will definitely be the same Oregon crew this time around, give or take a couple of people, and I'm confident this meet will kick ass, just like the last one, despite the lack of pics.

biggrin.gif
Abe

May 21, 2005 at 10:21 AM Post #59 of 162
I know Zemo is very sick (the docs don't have a clue) i think it was four or five days ago that I spoke to him about it. He said he would be glad to show, but that might be why he has been a little quiet.

As far as space goes, I figure the increased comfort will be worth a bit of a tighter fit, just need a couple end tables, extra chairs, maybe an extra collapsable table and chinese food: we used less than half of that office last meet anyway, and a couple of the people (now nameless) who showed early disappeared after the first hour. Budgie our only hope besides you dev, so no sweat either way; will be a much more comfortable meet regardless, even cheek to cheek if necessary
eek.gif

May 21, 2005 at 11:01 AM Post #60 of 162
So that's what's up with Zemo? Yeah, I'd noticed he hadn't been active for a while(as opposed to me tearing up the forums since March
biggrin.gif
). I hope he gets better soon. I'm also considering purchasing a Z-Audio Epsilon from his company when I get the scratch, following my Entempo Spirit and SA1000 purchases. Which reminds me: If the only portable HDD I can bring is a freshly formatted Spirit 20GB, how much of his huge collection (or anyone else's)should I copy?

In other matters, I remember how that office did seem a little cramped, if we moved the cubicle sections off to the side, that would've opened space a ton. As far as food goes, I'm open to pretty much anything(anything that doesn't involve excessive mayonaise, blech!). Actually, depending on the appetites of those in attendance, a Wendy's might be nice. When the free frosty promo was on, I got mine, and a pair of classic triples with cheese. These were damn tasty, and big, bigger than a big mac and a six dollar burger easily. So, if it's fast food, there's an option right there. And of course, chinese food is awesome, Japanese, Italian, Mongolian, and Mexican are as well.

BTW, who were the members that couldn't stay for the last meet? Not to call them out or anything, just curious.

biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back