Another Oregon meet too?
Apr 7, 2005 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 162

Gigabomber

500+ Head-Fier
Yep. Have significant interest to start a thread centering around mid june (optimal time for me is june 9th to 19th. Need some feedback on places to hold the meet so that we can specify a date. Opinions? Preferences? Who is interested in coming?

Apr 7, 2005 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 162
Either weekend would be fine, or a Friday afternoon as long as I know in advance. I don't drive, so of course I prefer Portland area. If it ends up just being you, me, seeberg for this one testing certain equipment, we could have it at my place for all I care and you can laugh at my crappy speaker placement.
wink.gif

I have some prime ideas for better food this time, but not sure otherwise on location. I could check on an option or two if need be though.

Apr 7, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #4 of 162
I also prefer Portland, June 11 is the Rose Parade and also the weekend before my finals and I have another thing going on that weekend so I strongly prefer the following weekend, i.e. the later dates.

Apr 7, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #6 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
rose parade oof.
ok so we are looking for possible meet locations on the the 18th and 19th of june
icon10.gif

If I could arrange a place it would be saturday... no promisses though, chances are slimmish.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #9 of 162
I'm game for another meet, anytime, any place- but I need a ride, no car(makes nasty foghorn sound). I was considering doing you all a solid and picking up the lunch tab for everyone, but I'll have to budget it out. After I got my Grado mini adapter and extension(yay, lovin' them!!!), I got some unfortunate wallet shock. I got overdrafted and I might get overdrafted again, but my a very slight (~$5)margin. So for the time being, I gotta lay off my bank account. Friggin sucks at the moment, but hopefully things improve. Hopefully I can still get that 120GB hard drive in time for the next meet, 'cause my music addiction isn't going away anytime soon, and I NEED MORE!!! NOW!!!

Wave your hands in the air,
etysmile.gif
like you just don't care(I mean really, when you wear canalphones and can't hear anything, you probably won't),
Abe

Apr 8, 2005 at 9:29 AM Post #10 of 162
I'm down for another Portland meet. Any time, any place, just let me know in advance and I'll be there. This time I'm staying overnight though so if I sleep in I'll still be able to make it on time
tongue.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #11 of 162
Argh! Double overdrafted! Hopefully, Washington Mutual doesn't hang me by the balls for this... Man, selling my old Bose POS system would help so much right about now, LOL
frown.gif

I sure could use some help getting that junk on eBay...
Still
etysmile.gif
ing, but for how long?,
Abe

Apr 8, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #12 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
Argh! Double overdrafted! Hopefully, Washington Mutual doesn't hang me by the balls for this... Man, selling my old Bose POS system would help so much right about now, LOL
frown.gif

I sure could use some help getting that junk on eBay...
Still
etysmile.gif
ing, but for how long?,
Abe

If the second OD was caused by the first in chain, call them right away, and you may be able to get it waived. They usually will. The same thing happened to me by accident when my account was new (what, 8 years ago now? wow), and happened badly to a friend last year (kicked off a chain that resulted in 6 ODs with him not doing a thing!). If the first person you talk to is resistant, call back later and talk to someone else.

Only if it wasn't your fault and one OD was the direct result of the other though. I'm not encouraging weazling the system, just telling you wamu is usually pretty cool about helping out in a bind.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 11:16 AM Post #13 of 162
Well, here it is: I got $83 into my account, ending up with an availble $22, being told that I was still going to be charged an OD for that(I was now 2.91 in the hole). Well, I registered online to check my account at any time, and found that they charged a double for that too, within mere minutes. It's now 27.91 in the hole, and I can't get out there till tommorow(Friday morning) to ease it- I have $12 cash at the moment, reserved for the original OD. Broke as sh**, maybe worse... What do think I should do? Will making incremental deposits help?

Apr 8, 2005 at 11:19 AM Post #14 of 162
I once overdrafted because I forgot to sign the back of a $2000 check I deposited into my account. I think by the time I realized it I had racked up a couple hundred dollars in overdraft charges and was $500 over drawn. I took the check back to the same bank I originally deposited it in because they're suppose to look for that. So I just signed the check and they ended up taking off the charges and were pretty understanding. But I'm with U.S. Bank, my roommate is with Washington Mutual and they're not as nice to him.
evil_smiley.gif

Apr 8, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #15 of 162
Thanks for the advice. I emailed WM about this, maybe they'll let me slide and slowly recover the account- I don't get paid again for at least another two weeks, so that's why I'm worried about additional charges due to overdraft's not being paid by whatever time limit. I really wanna get that 120GB drive, but this might kill the opportunity, and it ends on the 30th. here is that drive I've been mentioning. If my account is in the clear with some time to spare I'm gonna get it ASAP.

Late,
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back