Another Oregon meet too?
Jun 17, 2005 at 1:36 PM Post #151 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by devwild
Lame on --alt-preset standard (192 VBR - HQ, ~160-210 final bitrt) will probably get you very similar results. That is what most people use for best quality/size ratio. All my older stuff is 256 CBR, so 256 VBR was a natural choice.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lame is an awesome encoder, I can easilly tell the diffence between it sloppier encoders on complex music these days, especially with the SA5000s
smily_headphones1.gif

Also good to know! My VBR's have the range I quoted, about 112-224, but the main weight is at 192, primarily because I found 192 to sound VERY good for compressed music, but I needed to save space, so VBR is a better option. Also, the one reason why I'm not using Ogg or Flac instead of mp3 is because there's not a DAP out there that won't work with my music, meaning my junk spreads like wildfire. And I like that idea.

Speaking of your SA5000's, I'm very interested in a/b'ing them at the meet, and also comparing their various points, drivers, cabling, build quality, etc.

biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 17, 2005 at 10:33 PM Post #152 of 162
Hey guys! what's going on?

This meet is happening tomarrow (saturday) right? Well, I'm currently staying in the well known and HUGE town of blodgett, OR....I might be able to fenagle a ride into Corvallis, where, if someone was just so happening to be passing through the area, I could snag a ride....

I've got a computer (and 620gigs of....uhh...*cough*), along with some Z-audio Epsilon, Mu, and Lambda amps, SA-5k's, and a pimeta. Rio Karma and Westone UM2's also.

Somebody catch me on AIM (VonZemo) and we'll try to work something out, if someone thinks I can get a ride from 'em....

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #153 of 162
Wow, not only am I in, but I'm also bringin' a non-head-fi buddy of mine (time to join the dark side, he he he...) 'cause he's my wheels. Looks like I'll see you all there!

My gear:
Sony MDR-SA5000's
Pimeta
epsilon x 7
mu
lambda
computer with 620gigs of....candy.
Rio Karma
Westone UM2's

his gear:
DT770-80's
Zmoy Home

Jun 18, 2005 at 1:32 AM Post #154 of 162
i'll be driving seeberg and plan on showing before 12 in case we get lost again, though i doubt it will happen. Should mention that I am probably going to be selling my SR-71 after the meet unless I am completely under-impressed by the microDACs build quality, so if you want it, bring cash. Mine as well bring my Earcandy mini to mini and unsold, busted neutrik 1/4 to 1/8th just to see if there is a different sound to the high purity cardas copper.

See ya then

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #155 of 162
Just for fun, I’ll post the plans on how I am planning on getting to Portland ahead of time because it just so happens to be an hour in between each leg and I could create a nifty title and theme to sing in my still radio-less car.

First Leg - The Party: I must drive from my apartment for an hour, infiltrate a party near the OSU campus in Corvallis and extract Zemo under the codename "Ty". It will be difficult to traverse the mounds of flesh resembling a clothed scene from Rockstar, but I have an FBI level drawing (aka looks nothing like him) of Zemo I printed out off of his website, and I could always just start shooting to roust the hellions. Bet I could get the trunk filled with Zemo's stuff pretty quick that way, though I will probably have a series of volunteers to help us carry the gear as broke and drunken college students at 9 am on a Saturday are generally all too happy to load fragile electronics into a bucket like mine restraining their upturned noses.

Second Leg - The Three Trials: I must drive from "the party" to Seeberg's crash pad inhabited with various sized siblings, old people and a lazy sci-fi-trilogy writing bum. Zemo will undoubtedly wish to help in his drunken, dazed stupor, but I will have to distract him via a Steel Reserve 20oz and coagulated pizza: the haven of broke-ass drunks of all ages.
Turning my back on him I will be faced by the snarling brethren and grandmother of Seeberg, but it shouldn't be too much trouble if I pass myself off as an admirer of his books, course I might give myself away since I don't know the trilogy or the first books title, course then, there's always the gun.
Will have to stash his Cinderblocks (aka vintage Bose speakers) in the trunk because, in Zemo's drunken stupor, he stuck all of his computer gear in my backseat with barely enough room to fit Seeberg's dwarfish, sun-starved writer's body, though i could always fit him in the trunk as he is used to small spaces.

Third Leg - the Getaway: The last hour will be spent repeatedly mentioning this post by title repeatedly thus annoying Zemo to no end and inciting Seeberg to read his latest novel out loud from the trunk.
I'll make sure - when i stop for gas - to gag Seeberg, open my trunk and have the gas station attendant take a picture of Zemo sitting on the bumper looking like a zombie from Shaun of the Dead with me, once again, brandishing my gun; I’m sure that he will be so thrilled to meet us that he will have no problem paying the bill and rushing inside to grab some snacks for me while the gas pumps - no snacks for Zemo though, it's against his partying / pizza diet.
After that, it should be easy street save for having to park street-side among furious honks and find apartment 8 among hundreds of white apartment eights (if you don't know what I’m talking about, read the second to last e-mail, better yet, don't and have an impromptu white-boy-with-glasses Easter egg hunt) while having to carry Seeberg’s dwarfish frame and holding the drunken Zemo's clammy, spew-covered hand so that he doesn't topple over with a weeble.

All in all, it should be pretty boring when I think about it.
~Gigs

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #156 of 162
So I'm coming YAY!

Heres my dillema, I want to bring beer but I don't want to carry it (in addition to my gear) if I take tri-met. If anyone can give me a ride, I will share my beer with them (I have excellent taste in beer).

I live right by the 6th street 405 exit so it would be, quite literally, a couple hundred yards out of the way for anyone coming west on 405.

If this is convenient for anyone shoot me a pm or email me at jcfowler at gmail dot com.

Otherwise see everyone tommorrow.

BTW, devwild, the trimet website puts you a short walk in a straight line from one of the max stops (forget which one), is it really that easy? Any gotchas or landmarks I should look out for?

Jun 18, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #158 of 162
Ugg, more crap to do tonight than I thought, and I can't tear myself away from listening to my M^3 and I'm trying to rip a few more cds...

I'm going to have to set my alarm if I'm going to be ready in time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Remi: yes, I can show you when you get here since Giga's giving you a ride here.

And Giga's official name tomorrow is taxiDriver.
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 7:27 AM Post #159 of 162
And my name when I get there, due to my *ahem* car-azi-ness...
...WILDMAN! I'm bad to bone!
Just kidding. I'm a horse's ass...
A horse's ass with a devil may care attitude and need to come back in town to br-reak it down, aha!
Of course, the fact that I have no amp for this meet kind of knocks me down a notch, but it ain't no thang, I can still break a beat.

See everyone at the meet(that rhymes
smily_headphones1.gif
)
biggrin.gif
Abe

PS-Gigs, I'm totally up for the three hour tour, sounds like an adventure
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2005 at 3:55 PM Post #161 of 162
Whose up? I need to go get some beer to pay the taxi driver and I am going to make some salsa for you guys because that is how much I like you.

See you in 3 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back