Another Oregon meet too?
Apr 10, 2005 at 1:05 PM Post #16 of 162
Good news for anyone still on this thread, my account is only $16 in the hole at the moment and I think I fixed my Denon DCM350, so I can bring it to the next meet- it had an alignment issue that still needs resolved, but I've found ways around it. Anyhow, it sounds freaking great through SR125's+Grado extension, so maybe I should lug it with me?

etysmile.gif
Abe

Apr 12, 2005 at 5:27 AM Post #17 of 162
Just wanted to say that Portland looks like our best bet and the location is - of course - still up for grabs if any of you locals can arrange anything for june 18th and 19th; heck, even the bose dealer would be better than nothing. That would be one for the books..er forums.
k1000smile.gif

Apr 12, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #18 of 162
Yeah, the Bose store, let's pay them a visit on the next meet(and I'll spank them with my ER6i's+Grados)! Too bad I probably couldn't get anything arranged in Salem-I'm not really good at that sort of thing. Whatever is planned, I'll be up for it though, and I think I'll bring my DCM350 and AR surge outlet this time, just to make sure there's no shortage of available outlets.

etysmile.gif
Abe

Apr 15, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #19 of 162
From other thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by seeberg
New toys? Do tell!

Now that all pieces are in hand, I answer in 1000 words
wink.gif
:
sa5000.jpg

Yippee! New toys!
600smile.gif

Apr 15, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #20 of 162
Them thar cans're SA5k's, aint'che? That's whudd I done dere tot naw.
(Translation: Oooooh! SA5k's, huh? Kickass...)
etysmile.gif
Abe

Apr 15, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #22 of 162
Not to jump subjects or anything, but I got some good news(for myself): my account is back to normal-I got paid so it's all good now, and I even had enough($104 altogether) to get the MGS3 Original Soundtrack and the two other Cowboy Bebop OST's... These I'm sure would sound AWESOME through SA5k's!(I'm not getting any of those though
biggrin.gif
)

It's
cool.gif
Abe

Apr 17, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #23 of 162
Note Portland on the itinerary in the HeadRoom tour Aug 2:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115555

Is there interest among the troops? Do we want to do June and August?

If only a few can make it because that's a weekday, I could host the evening meeting at my apt. If we can get the whole gang together we should probably try to arrange a place (seeing as we haven't a place for June yet that may be interesting
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Apr 17, 2005 at 7:42 AM Post #24 of 162
Ooooo, I am on this! A HeadRoom tour? That's almost as good of an idea as the whole Bose store thing
icon10.gif

I'd love to go to the HR tour if possible. I wonder what would be there... everything worth listening to, perhaps?

I want Stax Omegas, K1000's, a side of RS1's, and a helping of Beyers!
icon10.gif
Abe

Apr 17, 2005 at 9:01 AM Post #25 of 162
I think thats actually on a tuesday so I don't know if I'll be available for that. Its a little too far in advance for me to be able to speculate, but if I'm going to school then probably not. I haven't decided on summer school yet, so we'll see. But I am up for any meet on the weekends, just give me a time and place two weeks in advance and I'll probably be there.

Apr 17, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #26 of 162
Yeah, it's a Tuesday, that's why I figured not everyone might be able to make it and offered my place as an option. We are on their route down the west coast between potential weekend meets in Seattle and Calif., and while I don't think that date is final, I'm guessing if it changed it would still be a weekday. I could ask, though that is a long way out, and I'm sure we are kind of at the mercy of the bigger meets.

And yeah, it sounds like they'll be bringing quite a bit of their gear, which includes plenty of cool stuff well out of our price range.
lambda.gif

I suppose... those who can't make it here on a weekday could try to carpool to seattle for the weekend meet.

Apr 17, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #27 of 162
Yeah, sorry it's a Tuesday guys. The big cities do have to get the nod. And If I didn't have a friend's wedding to go to I'd have made Portland on a weekend day, for sure. Fear not however, I am personally commited to going to Head-Fi meets more regularly in the future. And you guys are close enough to get to easily. (Nearby is a different thing when you live in Montana.)

You know Oregon was where we held our first meet. I read it today for a good laugh.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...1&page=1&pp=20

Your evening could slide to Wednesday without too much trouble, if you want to. I could even do it on moderately short notice. Just let me know if you want it to change. Doesn't have to be in Portland really either.

Apr 17, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #28 of 162
Heh, cool.

Since those of us who are actually in Portland tend to work here, I would think a weeknight showing would be better in PDX metro... though I could always be wrong, a gaggle of Head-Fiers could suddenly pop on the forums from OSU or UofO.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have at least one non head-fi member friend here in Portland though that would probably be interested in coming to listen to your gear.

Apr 17, 2005 at 8:31 PM Post #29 of 162
If the meet is actually going to be at night then I may be able to make it. But again, a little too far ahead for me to speculate. If there is any chance though, I'll probably make the effort.

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #30 of 162
For you folks who missed the first Headroom World Tour, I would say Tyll didn't bring alot of gear, he brought EVERY piece of gear. Like an entire truck load.(and not just Headroom products!) It was a fantastic event, and should not be missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back