Another Grado addict: my sr60i review
May 5, 2009 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

kumarjunior

New Head-Fier
I know there are a lot of sr60 fans on this site, so I'm just going to keep my review short and sweet.

Holy.
crap.

When I ripped these out of the box and put these on the first time, it didn't really sink in. But after the second listen on my ipod, they really shined. The sr60i's were $79, $10 over the "old" sr60, but they are worth every penny. Looks like I'm going to put off my Shures and Denons for a while. When I listen to them I'm not even thinking about listening to anything else. My next upgrade (if ever) for open cans is going to be the sr80i's. Yes the treble was a bit too much so the highs were a bit harsh, but they're awesome.

Consider me hooked on Grado! For open cans I'm never going back to anything else.

May 5, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 19
Ah yes, I love Grado headphones too! I use my MS1's for my portable setup and couldn't be happier. Everything is well balanced, and I get a weird look at University, because people are used to SkullCandy headphones.
gs1000.gif

May 5, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 19
I love the SR-60 sound. Too bad I can't stand the insane leakage, the foam pads, and the looks.

I swear if somebody could package the SR-60 sound into a cheap closed headphone I would buy it in an instant.

May 5, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 19
Thought I liked them at first but over the past 3 months am starting to love them and reach for them it seems a lot more than my Senn 595s.

May 5, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #5 of 19
Good to see a happy head-fi'er. Enjoy with SR60i.

I've had this phone for a while but sold it only last month. I seem to recall some posts saying SR60 to SR225 could be a worthy upgrade because SR60 Vs SR80 SQ difference is rather very small.

I'm not very sure on this, may be you can do some research to find that out.

May 5, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #6 of 19
Also don't forget the 325is as an upgrade too, for a slightly warmer and somewhat different flavour.
smily_headphones1.gif
Between the 60s and 80s there isn't much of a difference. Between the 80s and 325is... quite a bit. I own both. Well, the older versions though I'd think the comparison should stand.

May 5, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #7 of 19
I'm wondering if they shortened the cord any, as I would like to also listen
through my iPod but don't want to carry around all the slack but like the
thickness of it more than the iGrado cord that I'm afraid of ripping off the
earpads someday. Do you have alot of slack? How long is the cord? Thanks!

May 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 19
I got hooked on the sr60s, then I broke the mini-jack and wore out the earpads. Still have them sitting in a drawer, really need to repair those still.

Anyway, upgraded to the 325i's instead... think you get weird looks with the 60-225's, wait til you go gold aluminum!

May 5, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiflyer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got hooked on the sr60s, then I broke the mini-jack and wore out the earpads. Still have them sitting in a drawer, really need to repair those still.

Anyway, upgraded to the 325i's instead... think you get weird looks with the 60-225's, wait til you go gold aluminum!

They no longer make 'em gold, sadly.
frown.gif
Switched to silver somewhere around serial number ten thousand.

May 6, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #10 of 19
Congrats on those cans and welcome to Team Grado! They will give you a lot of joy. your gonna have them for a long time.

May 6, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by moogoob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They no longer make 'em gold, sadly.
frown.gif
Switched to silver somewhere around serial number ten thousand.

Not to mention they restarted from 0 with the serial numbers on the 325is.

May 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #13 of 19
I loved my SR60i's when I first got them, then kind of fell out of love with them after getting the AD700's. Then I put bowl pads on there and put a Millett SSHM in front of them and I've fallen for them all over again. It's like every time I'm on the verge of selling them (prior to putting on bowls and again prior to getting the SSHM) I fall back in love with them. With as much rock as I listen to, I don't think I'll sell them unless its an upgrade to an SR225, MS1, MS2 or an RS-1.

May 10, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajjekko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great review, I'm starting to miss my old SR-60s
frown.gif

Same here. I'm thinking of trying some MS-1s.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back