Another Beyer Manufaktur arrives! (Pics)
Jul 21, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #77 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL
Hehe....those red leather pads look really cool.
Congrats on finally receiving them.

What do you think of them?
They don't get as hot as you should expect, right?

They are VERY comfortable, and I agree, they don't get hot at all really. Very supple leather.

Jul 21, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #78 of 116
Just configured a pair of DT990's the way that I would want them and it comes out to $500 CDN... yikes!
blink.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #79 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
They are VERY comfortable, and I agree, they don't get hot at all really. Very supple leather.

Good to hear that I'm not crazy. :)

Will you say that the leather has somewhat of a rubbery feeling?

Jul 21, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #80 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by JensL
Good to hear that I'm not crazy. :)

Will you say that the leather has somewhat of a rubbery feeling?

I don't think of it as rubbery really, but I know what you mean -- it's VERY soft/supple, and it's not very thick. I actually really like it. It may not be the sturdiest thing in the world, but we are talking about headphone pads so it shouldnt need to be made of steel.

I do see what you mean about the sharp edge too. It has no real consequence, but in an ideal world it wouldn't be like that.

But I prefer leather to velour by a wide margin, and these fell great and look great. So far with the DT770 I have noted no real difference in sound as well.

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #81 of 116
Yeah, "Rubbery" isn't a good word for it, but I couldn't think of a better one. :)
It is very soft and comfortable, anyway.

I couldn't hear much difference when I put the leathers on the DT770 either, but with the DT990...wow, not very good. Quite interesting, though.

Jul 21, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #82 of 116
After a bit more listening, I actually think that the DT770 sounds a little BETTER with the leather pads.

I ordered a couple of extra sets, here are my Darth Beyers with their new black leather earpads:

DT770cocoleather1.jpg

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #83 of 116
Whoa, those red pads are wild! Red hottt!! Haven't seen anything quite like that in the HP universe yet, but I'm still getting my feet wet so perhaps I missed em...

Sorry if this has been asked & answered elsewhere, but has anyone done a comparo between the 32 & 250 ohm 2006 990s? I'm so in love with my pre-2006 770, I'm more and more inclined to buy a 990, even though I think I'd be better to complement my current cans with some Senns or something.

Thanks for all the impressions in this thread-- very insightful
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #84 of 116
Wasn't blown away with the aesthetics of the leather pads so far, at least in terms of justifying the added cost, but damn Skylab those Darths looks SO FUXKIN' NICE clad in animal skin!

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #85 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by muckshot
Wasn't blown away with the aesthetics of the leather pads so far, at least in terms of justifying the added cost, but damn Skylab those Darths looks SO FUXKIN' NICE clad in animal skin!

yeah, they really do, don't they
rs1smile.gif

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:25 PM Post #86 of 116
Skylab,

are those the crimson leather pads, or the reds that they were initially offering back in the day. The cans I was considering, I built with crimsons, but those look a little too red for my taste (the sites are pretty dark compared to your pic).

Jul 21, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #87 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by upangel180
Skylab,

are those the crimson leather pads, or the reds that they were initially offering back in the day. The cans I was considering, I built with crimsons, but those look a little too red for my taste (the sites are pretty dark compared to your pic).

They are Crimson, and they are not nearly as red in real life as they look in that picture. I will try to take one without a flash.

Jul 28, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #89 of 116
I am so hopeless. I ordered a pair of DT990's via Manufacture today
rs1smile.gif

Hope they take a little less time to come this time around. Beyer assured me that they would.

Jul 28, 2006 at 1:39 AM Post #90 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
I am so hopeless. I ordered a pair of DT990's via Manufacture today
rs1smile.gif

Hope they take a little less time to come this time around. Beyer assured me that they would.

You have major impulse buy problems man. Anything you don't listen to enough, feel free to send to me.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back