Annual NHL Play-off thread.
May 31, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #181 of 218
Yep... What can I say, maybe the Senators are happy with the eastern conference title and just want to go polish up on the golf course? Cause they sure as hell were not in Anaheim to play hockey... What a let down
frown.gif

The Ducks are hitting and throwing bodies around like gladiators and the Senators are just standing around in the defensive zone weakly swinging ineffective sticks around like they're cleaning the snow off the ice; if at the very least they could have managed a few decent shots on Giguere or hold the offensive zone for a little while, and that's when they actually managed to enter it... I mean, the Ducks are good - for a bunch of brutes on skates - but the Senators are handing the cup on a platter here...

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #183 of 218
Finally!!! A game worth watching...
Such passion and intensity, wow!
I hope the Sens keep this up. From the way bodies are being smashed out there by the likes of Neil and Fisher, to name a few, one can really tell how intimidated the Senators feel tonight...
tongue.gif

If only this wasn't game 3, if only they had played like this from game 1
rolleyes.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #184 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnine Clown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally!!! A game worth watching...
Such passion and intensity, wow!
I hope the Sens keep this up. By the way bodies are being smashed out there by the likes of Neil and Fisher, to name a few, one can really tell how intimidated the Senators feel tonight...
If only this wasn't game 3, if only they had played like this from game 1
rolleyes.gif

I hear you...finally, winning some contests on the boards. Winning a few face offs doesn't hurt either.

Jun 3, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #185 of 218
Chris Pronger = Cheap-shot goon...Just because he got beat by McAmmond on that goal he waits for revenge and then just cheap shots the guy....I hope they ban his ***** for a good long time.
mad.gif

Jun 3, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #187 of 218
What a goon. Maybe Pronger will have to sit out the rest of the series.

I had picked the Ducks to win, but I think the Sens have a real chance.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #188 of 218
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but I feel the NHL is really trying to keep a Canadian team in this. Alfredson's goal was clearly kicked in and then Anahiem gets 4 penalties in a row! I do want to see the cup stay in the east but feel the Sens all of a sudden lost the desire in the first 2 games. Game 3 was better but feel they needed the officiating help to win.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #189 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but I feel the NHL is really trying to keep a Canadian team in this. Alfredson's goal was clearly kicked in and then Anahiem gets 4 penalties in a row! I do want to see the cup stay in the east but feel the Sens all of a sudden lost the desire in the first 2 games. Game 3 was better but feel they needed the officiating help to win.

DITTO everything but wanting to see the cup stay in the east.

Jun 3, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #190 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That Alfredson goal pissed me off too, because the same thing happened with the Rachunek Rangers goal and it was disallowed. The inconsistency of the refs have been atrocious this year

Giguere wasn't that great yesterday. If anything the Sens finally found a way to bet him on a consistent basis. I will still pick the Ducks to win this series, but I can easily see it going to 7 games with the Sens winning. Pronger is an idiot. He's been pretty damn solid in the playoffs aside from those two idiotic plays. Now the team will have to find ways to win without him, which is going to be hard imo

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:13 AM Post #191 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Otto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a goon. Maybe Pronger will have to sit out the rest of the series.

I had picked the Ducks to win, but I think the Sens have a real chance.

After what he (and Rob Niedermeyer) did to Tomas Holmstrom in the Western Finals, he should have been out for multiple games. This just reinforces that.

JC

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:46 AM Post #192 of 218
So I guess shooting a puck at an opposing player isn't cheap?

Whatever, if Colin Campbell says the hit wasn't all that bad, then I'll side with him. Go Ducks, end this on Wednesday, and leave no doubt.

Jun 5, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #193 of 218
It figures...the only part of the game I miss (getting the kids into bed)..and Alfredsson goes barmy.Well if it's as obvious an aimed shot as all are saying I hope they ban his butt too! Othert than that, a pretty damn good game to watch if you ask me. Coming from one whos' only concern at the moment is that we re-up Chris Drury...

Jun 5, 2007 at 4:57 PM Post #194 of 218
Pronger is definitely a goon, but the Ducks look like they'll finish the job with or without him. At least they dropped the "Mighty" so that silly adjective won't be engraved on the cup.

Jun 5, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #195 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by immoral flame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I guess shooting a puck at an opposing player isn't cheap?

!!!! Lots of double standards in the NHL. And the notion that a hit is determined to be legal or not after the fact based on whether the player sustains some injury is ludicrous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back