Annual NHL Play-off thread.
May 20, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #166 of 218
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saturnine Clown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=medium]OTTAWA WINS!!![/size]
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Buffalo gave a good performance, Miller was incredible, but in the end, I think Ottawa just wanted and needed this chance at the cup too badly after so many years of failure.

Aye.. you guys were too good this year.
frown.gif
Miller and Drury were a two man show out there yesterday and you are not going to win much with a team like that. The refs weren't that great for either side..I think there were too many 'oops we blew that call, but here's a make-up one for your side' penalties. Hope you go all the way, I can't see the Ducks or the Wings beating you. But then again what do I know, I couldn't see anyone beating us!
See you in next years thread
biggrin.gif

May 20, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #167 of 218
Ottawa is really playing well. I expected more from Buffalo.

Detroit/Anaheim is a good game. Ducks tie it with less than 1 min. in regulation on a 6-4 powerplay. Selanne backhand on a poor defensive play to win the game. Ducks up 3-2 going home.

May 21, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #168 of 218
Go ducks...I guess. Haven't been to a game in like 3 or 4 years, but I see the Honda Center every time I go to an Angels game. So I'll toss my support their way. Crazy finish to today's game, but overall I just can't get excited about the sport anymore.

May 23, 2007 at 3:41 AM Post #170 of 218
Bye-bye Detroit. Missed this one. I thought Detroit had better defense than they shown. Hats off to Anaheim and Ottawa. The two teams I missed (New Jersey and Detroit) have older goalies (and teams in general). So much for experience.

Have to put the house on Ottawa. If they do win, our Canadian friends can hold their heads high. First time in 14 years a Canadian team wins the cup. And someone other than Montreal, Edmonton or Calgary in 40 years. Of course 17 of the forty champions were these three teams.

May 23, 2007 at 4:14 AM Post #172 of 218
anybody ever see that episode of "The Simpsons" where the springfield Isotopes were playing really good baseball and were in the championship. Homer jumps on the bandwagon, then someone mentions they might lose, Homer goes "They lost!!! Those losers!!!" and throws his hat away. But then they win and he's back on the bandwagon.

Yeah I'm gonna take that approach with the ducks. Go Ducks win this thing and stick it to the Kings fans.

May 29, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #176 of 218
I'm sorry to say, but the Senators didn't deserve to win. I think they were surprised to find there was a third period to this whole awkward hockey business. Playing like drunken idiots that couldn't get a straight pass through to a teamate if the puck was on a string. I just hope they bring their misplaced talent along for the next game, or this series will end before it even has a proper beginning...
mad.gif

May 31, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #178 of 218
Nice goal by Pahlsson.

Can the Ducks hold them for 4 minutes?

May 31, 2007 at 2:45 AM Post #179 of 218
The Sens are in a deep hole.

Can't wait for saturday. This is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back